What's new

Green Arrow Buffs That'll Never Happen

Forbidden_Donut

"You think you bad? Pffft, You ain't bad.."
Missed this post last night.

Unlimited arrows only sounds gamebreaking until you sit down and actually do the math. This is what unlimited arrows does: it gives green arrow the ability to shoot a projectile that does 8% damage on hit, and .8 chip anytime he wants. You know.....sort of like how Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Zod, etc. can do that.
If fire or electrical arrows were among the best zoning tools in the game it would make sense to limit them in the way they are but frankly they're decidedly "mediocre" at best. All the characters above have projectiles that do equivocal and/or much MUCH more damage and chip.
I respect your opinion, but I disagree. You cant compare GA's zoning to anyone else in the entire game, simply because all you have to do is push the 4 button (and enjoy yourself lol). Unlimited fire or electric arrows could literally be spammed at standing or low positions from full screen and he would shut people down. On top of that, you can react to jumps and anti air and its a zoning tool that can be either a low or overhead, all without the use of meter. I outzone superman, green lantern, and can go almost toe to toe with batmans zoning (if batman has excellent batmanagment, then he outzones arrow). Zod's trait makes zoning him really hard so I will give you that. THEN, add to that the amazing properties of savage blast as a keep away move, dude, GA would be so annoying lol.

And I havent begun talking about the prospect of d1 ice arrow being repeatable... I know it can be interrupted, but all you have to do is bait the d1 and counterpoke. Imgaine f2 d1 low ice arrow being blocked but still being followed by d1 ice arrow lol. He would shut characters down in my opinion.

Also, I personally believe the GA's zoning is very very underrated and is not mediocre at all. I feel like fire arrows are his most underused tool and I dont just mean as a zoning tool. I believe in some matchups, green arrows needs to replace ice with fire and GO IN on characters. Ive had great success with it.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
I respect your opinion, but I disagree. You cant compare GA's zoning to anyone else in the entire game, simply because all you have to do is push the 4 button (and enjoy yourself lol). Unlimited fire or electric arrows could literally be spammed at standing or low positions from full screen and he would shut people down. On top of that, you can react to jumps and anti air and its a zoning tool that can be either a low or overhead, all without the use of meter. I outzone superman, green lantern, and can go almost toe to toe with batmans zoning (if batman has excellent batmanagment, then he outzones arrow). Zod's trait makes zoning him really hard so I will give you that. THEN, add to that the amazing properties of savage blast as a keep away move, dude, GA would be so annoying lol.
HEAVEN

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I don't see what's wrong with giving GA unlimited arrows for zoning when his wake ups are so bad and his backdash is even worse

isn't that how all the other zoning characters work?

How the heck do you outzone superman?

And I havent begun talking about the prospect of d1 ice arrow being repeatable... I know it can be interrupted, but all you have to do is bait the d1 and counterpoke. Imgaine f2 d1 low ice arrow being blocked but still being followed by d1 ice arrow lol. He would shut characters down in my opinion.
To be clear, as I said in a followup post further down I do agree that unlimited ice arrow's would probably be a bit insane for this reason. It would be pretty stupid to be able to guess right against green arrows 50/50 only to then be frame trapped into another Ice arrow. So yes, I'll agree with that.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
No? Scared of realizing I was right all along.
Right about what? That Green Arrow is bad? Sure. Have a ball with that.

You haven't answered my question of what your lopsided, crazy-town challenge is supposed to accomplish.

Lilith

Baebality
i propose that every time a wonderwoman interrupts d1 arrow their controller explodes and they spontaneously combust.

7L

Heads up!
Right about what? That Green Arrow is bad? Sure. Have a ball with that.

You haven't answered my question of what your lopsided, crazy-town challenge is supposed to accomplish.
Arrow is bad? You downplayer you...

Why am i the only person who has faith in Ollie :'(

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm

I mean...I used to think he was pretty solid.

Cossner has made me a believer in that Green Arrow is the worst in the game. :-(

7L

Heads up!
I mean...I used to think he was pretty solid.

Cossner has made me a believer in that Green Arrow is the worst in the game. :-(
Just gotta work. The only match up I feel helpless in is aquaman, every other one I know I have a good chance that I'll win...bad or good

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer

Why do you keep thinking that you're the only one that thinks Arrow isn't bad?

I wouldn't put Aquaman at the top of my list for his worst match ups though. But I have limited match up experience in general so I kould be wrong.

RexyWrecks

RTSD All Day. I'm going in. No Vaseline.
Just gotta work. The only match up I feel helpless in is aquaman, every other one I know I have a good chance that I'll win...bad or good
You haven't extensively played the Zod MU then.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
  • Faster start-up for Up Haven Blast
  • Slightly bigger hitbox for Up Haven Blast (And MB Up Haven Blast).
  • B1 is now a low
  • Slightly faster start-up for 4, and d4
  • More Block and Hit advantage on Electric Arrows
  • More "Float" for electric arrows when hitting airborne opponents
There you go, mix-up, set-up, and more combo opportunities for Green Arrow.

7L

Heads up!
  • Faster start-up for Up Haven Blast
  • Slightly bigger hitbox for Up Haven Blast (And MB Up Haven Blast).
  • B1 is now a low
  • Slightly faster start-up for 4, and d4
  • More Block and Hit advantage on Electric Arrows
  • More "Float" for electric arrows when hitting airborne opponents
There you go, mix-up, set-up, and more combo opportunities for Green Arrow.
The up heaven blast wouldnt work, thatd bring back all of the 2% infinities that needed to be nerfed.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
The up heaven blast wouldnt work, thatd bring back all of the 2% infinities that needed to be nerfed.
Well, I still want it changed so it would be possible to do this:

B2/F2D1, MB UHB, dash, 223, Hurricane Bow.

In my opinion, Green Arrow needs better combo options other than Trait.

D

Deleted member 28105

I want to see 113 link into a back 3 similar to Batman's 223 and 113. This would open up a copious amount of combo opportunities that aren't scaled due to the fact that they rely on ice arrows.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
I want to see 113 link into a back 3 similar to Batman's 223 and 113. This would open up a copious amount of combo opportunities that aren't scaled due to the fact that they rely on ice arrows.
That would be so nice.
One can only dream.