What's new

Green Arrow Boxing Glove Tech

GTDoffen

Meet your fate...
The idea is to use the hit advantage of the B23 knockdown to get a overhead/low arrow mixup or bait potential wakeups with different options. I have not had time to test boxing glove arrow properly on block, but it seem neutral right up close and more plus depending on spacing. It does great damage in itself (approximately 16%, but depends on character). The chip is pretty good, and the move has significant pushback. The only drawback I`ve noticed this far, is that on block it doesn`t build any meter.

End in hkd b23 xx mb 4, which grants overhead/low mix. Some wakeups may beat the option, but you can bait and punish by either ducking, jumping, release arrow after invincibility frames are done, or simply cancel.

On hit it leads to fullscreen and a free arrow load and potential zoning and meterbuild. On block, you are plus in a range GA has a lot of good options

In the video I gave some examples of different oki scenarios and if it is blocked or on hit.I would definitely say it is worth to spend the bar on mb trait, because green arrow basically always has lots of meter. And besides, it is a BOXING GLOVE ARROW

thecrux

Y MELO
The idea is to use the hit advantage of the B23 knockdown to get a overhead/low arrow mixup or bait potential wakeups with different options. I have not had time to test boxing glove arrow properly on block, but it seem neutral right up close and more plus depending on spacing. It does great damage in itself (approximately 16%, but depends on character). The chip is pretty good, and the move has significant pushback. The only drawback I`ve noticed this far, is that on block it doesn`t build any meter.

End in hkd b23 xx mb 4, which grants overhead/low mix. Some wakeups may beat the option, but you can bait and punish by either ducking, jumping, release arrow after invincibility frames are done, or simply cancel.

On hit it leads to fullscreen and a free arrow load and potential zoning and meterbuild. On block, you are plus in a range GA has a lot of good options

In the video I gave some examples of different oki scenarios and if it is blocked or on hit.I would definitely say it is worth to spend the bar on mb trait, because green arrow basically always has lots of meter. And besides, it is a BOXING GLOVE ARROW

Really liking this tech as it forces the opponent to respect you after the b23 hard knock down.

And even better, the arrow cancel is safe even if the opponent wakes up.

Also you have the ablility to sometimes react to wake up attacks and punish with boxing glove arrow.

Thanks bro!

GTDoffen

Meet your fate...
Really liking this tech as it forces the opponent to respect you after the b23 hard knock down.

And even better, the arrow cancel is safe even if the opponent wakes up.

Also you have the ablility to sometimes react to wake up attacks and punish with boxing glove arrow.

Thanks bro!
Also bear in mind that this can be done with any type of arrow. I usually go for the boxing glove if I have the resources, because the trade off is better than the other arrows.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I have used other arrows with this type of knockdown, but IDK why I didn't think of boxing glove arrow.. Do you think it would be plus enough if you jump shoot forward to guarantee a D1? I'm going to test that a little later.. IDK how plus is on block.

GTDoffen

Meet your fate...
I have used other arrows with this type of knockdown, but IDK why I didn't think of boxing glove arrow.. Do you think it would be plus enough if you jump shoot forward to guarantee a D1? I'm going to test that a little later.. IDK how plus is on block.
From what I`ve gathered, it seems neutral the majority of the time if you jump in with overhead arrow. You have to hit it really deep, than you are significantly plus, but you can easily get hit out of it with fast normals or MB B3 by that point. So I guess it is an option when you have conditioned them

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
From what I`ve gathered, it seems neutral the majority of the time if you jump in with overhead arrow. You have to hit it really deep, than you are significantly plus, but you can easily get hit out of it with fast normals or MB B3 by that point. So I guess it is an option when you have conditioned them
Ok.. That's kind of what I was guessing. So now I just need to see how deep it needs to be and plan accordingly.

GTDoffen

Meet your fate...
Ok.. That's kind of what I was guessing. So now I just need to see how deep it needs to be and plan accordingly.
It is basically right before you touch the ground. If you have them conditioned you can get away with faking the air arrow, and just do jumpforward into low arrow, and I am pretty sure you are in range for D1 and plus.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I used this a lot on a friend of mine. Gotta jump back for overhead in some cases because it will go over sometimes. Posted about it in the general thread a while back. It's a good tool but watch for long range wake ups like Batman slide.

Last edited:

GTDoffen

Meet your fate...
I used this a lot on a friend of mine. Gotta jump back for overhead in some cases because it will go over sometimes. Posted about it in the general thread a while back. It's a good tool but watch for long range wake ups like Batman slide.
Even though some characters have charge wakeups like batman or Darkseid, it is a huge risk because alot of them aren`t fully invincible on start up. So you can just react to the wakeup and release arrow. Also if you have already committed to jumpback you are definitely out of range for their charge, and punish the wiff. On Batmans slide, you even have time to jump back, cancel the arrow, and atleast get a D1 punish. And if you do not even want to bother with the mindgame, you can always just bait wakeups by cancelling the arrow and get a punish.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Even though some characters have charge wakeups like batman or Darkseid, it is a huge risk because alot of them aren`t fully invincible on start up. So you can just react to the wakeup and release arrow. Also if you have already committed to jumpback you are definitely out of range for their charge, and punish the wiff. On Batmans slide, you even have time to jump back, cancel the arrow, and atleast get a D1 punish. And if you do not even want to bother with the mindgame, you can always just bait wakeups by cancelling the arrow and get a punish.
I'm pretty sure there's situations where they can recover quick enough to punish with a wake up if you commit to mb 4. They take less time to recover after longer juggles. I could be wrong though. Either way it works well to add good damage at the end of a combo.

GTDoffen

Meet your fate...
I'm pretty sure there's situations where they can recover quick enough to punish with a wake up if you commit to mb 4. They take less time to recover after longer juggles. I could be wrong though. Either way it works well to add good damage at the end of a combo.
Will definitely test this further, but I only think it applies to the cancel option. Because if you slightly walk back, or jump back, you give yourself more lineage because of the increased distance. Yeah, they get a bit more time to escape, but it is nonetheless an uncomfortable situation for the opponent

thecrux

Y MELO
I have t

I have actually tested this. If you jump forward arrow and delay it until the last second you are at plus frames. This only works when you do not make the arrow an overhead. although it is a high, people tend to respect that you are about to do an overhead attack so they block the high and you have quite a lot of advantage. In some instances you are at enough plus to get out your 22 before the opponent d1

GTDoffen

Meet your fate...
Im still new here... when you say b23 (xx), what is the xx representing?
It means a special cancel. So for example 111 xx Df1, so you input the df1 motion before the animation of 111 has finished, and it will connect as a combo as if it were a continuation of the string.