What's new

Tech Green Arrow 50/50 Reset

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
I got this idea from FR_Legend the other day, when he talked about using the freeze reset tech to set up a cross up j2 to combo 111 MB bounce cancel. After some testing I have found a way to set up an unseeable cross/non cross j2/j3 that the opponent HAVE to block because of the freeze reset.

Here you can see the j3 version of the mix up. Because of the properties of j3, you can choose to cross up or not by either doing j3 early (Non-cross) or late (Cross)

Here is the j2 version.

This one is a little tricky because it is literally random if it crosses or not. You can ensure that it will cross by taking a tiny step before or after the f2 though. The reason I do 22 after landing with j2 is too ensure that even on hit as a non-cross up it will be safe (Since 111 is bugged when hitting in front).

Here is a recording showing what I mean by j2 being completely random (As you can see I first show the recording without blocking, and then when I block. J2 crosses on hit if I don't block, but can still be blocked as a non-cross up in the 2nd version recorded)

Edit: On bigger characters you need to this to get the reset:
-cross up j3, 22 xx ice arrow, wait 0.1 sec, f2, j2 (or j3 to get the non-cross up)

Also, this is a way to combo in to the reset situation without having an ice arrow stored:
-b3, dash, sky alert, d2 xx load ice, 22 xx d4, f2, j2

AU_SUCK

MEOW
Why would you risk only getting a fraction of your combo when you can just finish it and get another free ice arrow?

SimSim

Why would you risk only getting a fraction of your combo when you can just finish it and get another free ice arrow?
You know very well why one would do that (Assuming you know about the concept of resetting a combo). What you are really saying is: "I don't think the potential damage you can get from this reset is worth the risk of the opponent blocking your set up". This risk/reward is something any player needs to consider before implementing a reset in their gameplay. I am merely providing the tech to do it.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I've been doing something similar with jumping 2 after a freeze. You don't really need any specific spacing after the ice arrow either. J2 gives a ton of frame advantage and with the stagger from it you can set up some nice crossup mixups with j3 and dead on. J3 on crossup into mb dead on does 34% if all arrows hit. Non crossup j3 into dead on does good damage too.

The good thing here is you don't have to reset the freeze by whiffing a normal and the j2 adds extra damage. All this gets even more fucked up in the corner.

LEGEND

YES!
there are plenty of random situations that don't net great damage with GA, and if you happen to have an ice arrow loaded you can go for this mix-up to increase the potential damage.

you can also end combos in Ice arrow, like after a B3 or BgB combo then go for this set up
-
Concept + Combo

Scoot Magee

Also you should be able to set up a high damage vortex on metropolis street machine gun with the 50/50 you posted. I think in some cases you won't even need meter.

Scoot Magee

Loading an ice arrow during the freeze is a good way to increase damage also. Been doing it for a while now, it's a good way to get a free f2d13 mixup.

7L

Heads up!
Very nice! I'm loving this. What about hitting 113 or f2d13 on your mixup for meterless damage. If the first 1 hits on 113 the second should still hit because of hit stun on the j2.

Nevertheless, this is an awesome find. You no longer have to time the reset for super after a freeze and we can start using this in our midscreen pressure.

Keep the tech coming! NEC will be where this is all put to use!

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Great Stuff. Next time I'm at Krayzie's I'll record some stuff. Kan't believe I've taken this long..

I have a quick question. Maybe this is explained somewhere else ( if that is the case, tell me where), why do you guys whiff foward 2 in the middle of the reset ( after freeze ) ?

I know this has something to do with game mechanics but since i am new to fighting games (injustice is my first FG), i dont really understand if its necesary or not for the reset.

If it is, please explain what roll (function) is taking the wiffed foward 2.

SimSim

I have a quick question. Maybe this is explained somewhere else ( if that is the case, tell me where), why do you guys whiff foward 2 in the middle of the reset ( after freeze ) ?

I know this has something to do with game mechanics but since i am new to fighting games (injustice is my first FG), i dont really understand if its necesary or not for the reset.

If it is, please explain what roll (function) is taking the wiffed foward 2.

This isn't very intuitive as it is probably a glitch in the Injustice game engine. Here is a video I made, explaining what you just asked me about:

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
So I was goofing around with this yesterday, and on stages with a background bounce, this gives Green Arrow a meterless vortex. Sort of.

Essentially, you sub in background bounce for the MB wall bounce cancel, and as they come off the background, you do d2xxReload, 22xxd4, f2 (whiff) and it starts again.

The only reason im calling it a "sort of" vortex, is that the only way to continue using the background bounce, is to do the cross up jump in. If you land in front, then you push them out of the radius of the background bounce. However, If you land in front, then you can do the standard MB cancel combo.

So basically, this opens up one of the options being a meterless vortex, and the other being a metered damage dealer. Its not exactly Batgirl or Killer Frost, but I think it will be something that can steal games in the right situation.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
So I was goofing around with this yesterday, and on stages with a background bounce, this gives Green Arrow a meterless vortex. Sort of.

Essentially, you sub in background bounce for the MB wall bounce cancel, and as they come off the background, you do d2xxReload, 22xxd4, f2 (whiff) and it starts again.

The only reason im calling it a "sort of" vortex, is that the only way to continue using the background bounce, is to do the cross up jump in. If you land in front, then you push them out of the radius of the background bounce. However, If you land in front, then you can do the standard MB cancel combo.

So basically, this opens up one of the options being a meterless vortex, and the other being a metered damage dealer. Its not exactly Batgirl or Killer Frost, but I think it will be something that can steal games in the right situation.
I was thinking something along those lines but have been working on other stuff and haven't figured out the timing to make it ambiguous. Especially since it seems like it might be hitbox/character dependent.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
The better to downplay him.

Now newbiesauce can keep telling people to hold that when he gets top 8 in GGA weeklies with a bottom 5 char.
If you take the amount of bad mus he has, why is he not bottom 5? Who are the bottom 5 then?

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
I was thinking something along those lines but have been working on other stuff and haven't figured out the timing to make it ambiguous. Especially since it seems like it might be hitbox/character dependent.

Yea. I really have not begun to explore it, but all the green arrows looking at it is better than just me. And any chance for a meterless vortex is always a bonus.

Hopefully as we keep looking into this we find ways to improve it and make it more consistent, but at the most basic level:

Does it work? Yes. :)

So thats a start.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Yea. I really have not begun to explore it, but all the green arrows looking at it is better than just me. And any chance for a meterless vortex is always a bonus.

Hopefully as we keep looking into this we find ways to improve it and make it more consistent, but at the most basic level:

Does it work? Yes. :)

So thats a start.
Yeah. If we get this down that would be great. Stages generally aren't in Green Arrow's favor but this kan change things a bit.