What's new

Great Balance on Day 1 - Can NRS make it this time?

ok the majority of us are probably hyped about mk11 and the direction it takes. but do you think this game will deliver what it aims to be, at least in approximation, on day one? or will there be utterly broken characters and mechanics which undermine the possibility of having "serious fun" with mk11 as its supposed to be? right now, every new game raised new hopes for this and they were disappointed every time. discuss!

Zhidoreptiloid

Watcher from the sky
No, of cource no.
WB give them so little time to make this game, so in such difficult system, as figting games you cannot make balance for day 1 in such a short time

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
No game has ever been perfect on day 1 and I don't see MK11 being any different. It's a work in progress and will get better as time goes on. It's an adjustment period between changes and what works vs what doesn't, they have stated they will be tuning the game based on player data and feedback so likely the game won't be perfect on launch but I love the neutral direction they are taking it, the toned down Ness of moves, armor and many other things we have seen could make it the most balanced of NRS titles yet and I look forward to see more along the way.

No game has ever been perfect on day 1 and I don't see MK11 being any different. It's a work in progress and will get better as time goes on. It's an adjustment period between changes and what works vs what doesn't, they have stated they will be tuning the game based on player data and feedback so likely the game won't be perfect on launch but I love the neutral direction they are taking it, the toned down Ness of moves, armor and many other things we have seen could make it the most balanced of NRS titles yet and I look forward to see more along the way.
Dont involve another game topic,just answer the question yes or no?

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
ok the majority of us are probably hyped about mk11 and the direction it takes. but do you think this game will deliver what it aims to be, at least in approximation, on day one? or will there be utterly broken characters and mechanics which undermine the possibility of having "serious fun" with mk11 as its supposed to be? right now, every new game raised new hopes for this and they were disappointed every time. discuss!
Physically impossible. They'd have to cross-reference each character's each possible variation in every single matchup and ensure that no matchup is worse than 5-5.

If you want perfect balance in these games, you're setting yourself up for disappointment.
Inj2 had great balance and this game might just have even better.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Hypothesis:

A. Most pros were testers
B. 16Bit in the previous kombat kast: "our testers have been playing for MONTHS"
C. Broken shit gets found 1 month after release
D. Gamedev experience teaches us there's no way game radically changes 1 month before release

Conclusion:

E. Everyone knew about the broken shit but kept it to win the first tourneys.

Demonstration:

From the hypothesis it is implied that A+B+C+D => E

Q.e.d.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
there is no such thing as "perfect balance and fair" at day one , even at first week or month ! some things take time to be discovered .... sure is, people will find out broken, unbalanced shit stuff that was not tracked on Quality Assurance phase tests, that's for sure .... it's NRS & Paulo Garcia job to build the proper fix patches to try solve stuff out, pretty normal and obvious predictable routine we can wait for, hehe ! :D

Slymind

Noob
It's not possible, but what they can do and i think they will, is to deliver a game that has no major problems to the point where they would have to re-work the fighting system itself, the balancing process will require time, but if the starting point is good, things will only get smoother with time.

Injustice 2 is a good example, i think that game was very good out of the gate, and in it's final update, save for some tough matchups, the balance was pretty great IMO.

MrWarMachine

Jacqui/D'Vorah 2020
i don't see it, the only way it could be balanced is if every character is broken and cheap on Day 1 and they worked down from there.