What's new

Breakthrough Grats to Max for 2nd at Kumite!

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Congrats to @Maxintensity25 for his strong showing at Kumite. From stream-rolled wins to close resets and huge comebacks, Max has shown to everyone that he IS the Bane to beat. I can just imagine how Grand Finals must've played out...

@GGA 16 Bit : I had no choice. GGA has to take home the gold.
@FOREVER KING : You just made a serious mistake.
@Maxintensity25 : Not as serious as yours, I fear...
Forever king: Max...
Max: Let us not stand on ceremony, Mr. King.
[16 bit appears shocked, and sassy]

Something to that effect I'd imagine. Although he couldn't sink the complete win, he gave a performance we all can be proud of and learn from. Let us all chant deshi deshi basara basara for our top Bane. All glory to Max! May his future be bright, and his victories many.

(For the sake of it)

Deathstroke Player: Tell me about Max! Why does he use only Bane? A lot of loyalty, for a top contender!
Max: Or perhaps he's wondering why someone would scout a man, before playing him in a match?
Deathstroke Player: At least you can talk. Who are you?
Max: It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
[the Player sees the Bane pick in character select]
Max: No one cared who I was until I received the buffs.
Deathstroke Player: If I break your armor, will you lose?
Max: It would be extremely painful...
Deathstroke Player: You'll get over it.
Max: For you.
Deathstroke Player: Was getting zoned out part of your plan?
Max: Of course... But one must never ignore the power of a full-screen charge.
[Max charges from full screen, gets a knockdown]
Deathstroke Player: Well, congratulations! You got a knockdown! Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Max: Winning this tournament... with no survivors!

*Huge commotion as the GGA names climb the bracket, scratching and breaking everyone in their way*

Max: *puts his hand on @GGA pimpimjim 's shoulder* No! They expect one of us in the wreckage, brother.

PPJ: Have we started the fire?

Max: Yes, the fire rises.

Last edited:

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Yeah I was in the stream and I think Max's matches single-handedly converted all the "Injustice sucks ass" streammonster trolling into "MORE VENOM!!!" posts. Even the stream was getting hype for Max, it was fucking awesome. "When's MAHVEL?" became "Break the Bat!" and "Fuck Injustice" became "Injustice is legit, take my money."

That's why streams matter. 4-5k viewers got to see why we get so hype over this community and this game.

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
Remember when Bane was the worst character?

Max is the reason I watched KIT, and dam I was not disappointed.

Thank you sir, You are truely the man behind the mask.

SZSR

Noob
Your grand finals had more viewers for grand finals than tekken did. I was hype everytime you played a match. I do eventually want to see knightfall though :p

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
Congrats max, you did not disappoint! I cant wait to watch your top 8 performance over and over again to try to improve my play even in the slightest!

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
:(
Should I go Superman instead?

I was already working on Bane for the MMH match up and watching Max made me super excited to keep learning
I honestly dislike Superman less than Bane..

But I guess it'll be good if you pick him up since we don't have many Banes. Then next time we head over there, we kan see how bad Arrow-Bane is or whether or not Bane-MMH is even (or in one character's favor).

I honestly dislike Superman less than Bane..

But I guess it'll be good if you pick him up since we don't have many Banes. Then next time we head over there, we kan see how bad Arrow-Bane is or whether or not Bane-MMH is even (or in one character's favor).
Bane MMH seems on an even level, ga bane is hell for ga. If you want to counter pick mmh I hear lex is pretty frustrating for him.

Let's move that to mu discussion though ;)

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Bane MMH seems on an even level, ga bane is hell for ga. If you want to counter pick mmh I hear lex is pretty frustrating for him.

Let's move that to mu discussion though ;)
Yeah.. Bane-MMH does seem like it kould be even but I really have to see why that is for myself before I start kalling it that. It kould be in Bane's Favor because of the oki and his ridiculousness but then it kan also be in Martian's favor because, idk, he's Martian.

I know GA-Bane is in Bane's favor but I need to understand what my options are and how bad it truly is. Maybe I kan find ways to zone him, etc...

I'll play the mirror or Flash against Martian. That's the benefit of having my team of characters. I have every match up kovered. Flash & Martian I think kover the whole kast. Then I have Arrow because he's my favorite...

PS: Which mu discussion forum? We're talking about a bunch of different match ups.. lol.

(For the sake of it)

Deathstroke Player: Tell me about Max! Why does he use only Bane? A lot of loyalty, for a top contender!
Max: Or perhaps he's wondering why someone would scout a man, before playing him in a match?
Deathstroke Player: At least you can talk. Who are you?
Max: It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
[the Player sees the Bane pick in character select]
Max: No one cared who I was until I received the buffs.
Deathstroke Player: If I break your armor, will you lose?
Max: It would be extremely painful...
Deathstroke Player: You'll get over it.
Max: For you.
Deathstroke Player: Was getting zoned out part of your plan?
Max: Of course... But one must never ignore the power of a full-screen charge.
[Max charges from full screen, gets a knockdown]
Deathstroke Player: Well, congratulations! You got a knockdown! Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Max: Winning this tournament... with no survivors!

*Huge commotion as the GGA names climb the bracket, scratching and breaking everyone in their way*

Max: *puts his hand on @GGA pimpimjim 's shoulder* No! They expect one of us in the wreckage, brother.

PPJ: Have we started the fire?

Max: Yes, the fire rises.
As someone that loved to do a Bane impression while using him(KnightFall Bane) I absolutely LOVE THIS....This is a great post

B Pryme

Noob
Max almost gave me a heart attack with those comebacks, I can only imagine how he felt lol. He played his ass of and showed people he's a top player in this community, grats to max!

GGA Max

Much thanks for this, @Doombawkz, (the dark knight lines were absolutely on point!) and everyone else who propped me here.

The winners finals through grand finals stretch was insane, every time I looked behind me everyone was going crazy, I will never forget this tournament. Thank you all for your love and support.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Much thanks for this, @Doombawkz, (the dark knight lines were absolutely on point!) and everyone else who propped me here.

The winners finals through grand finals stretch was insane, every time I looked behind me everyone was going crazy, I will never forget this tournament. Thank you all for your love and support.
Man I even hunted down @GGA 16 Bit to figure out who you fought in the very beginning so I could do the second one.
Didn't include names though