What's new

General/Other Grandmaster Hype

Enenra

Go to hell.
I'm going to be straight up, Smoke was part of the most hype matches at MLG. KT vs Riu48 and Maxter, then the godly set between REO and CDjr, immaculate.

ALL ABOARD

THE SMOKE TRAIN

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
If you wanna play keep-away (which is what you've been saying for ages) Smoke is for you.

And these matches were super hype....im working out for the second time today lol

HD Smoke

Noob
ill jump aboard the smoke smoke smoke train....wait ive always been aboard. good job KT Smith, Cdjr, and Tommy Wafflez. KT Smith must be nice to take home $2,000 with playing a character you like lol. good tournament

HD Smoke

Noob
I still think nothing was cooler than CD jr going back to Smoke to win MLG just because that is who he picked since day 1 MK...also his Smoke did great against Reo's kabal even taking a game off of him which is a bad match up for smoke. Reo's cage is freaking legit too. There were so many Smoke vs Cage fights at MLG and it kept trading character wins...pretty hype, im learning cage. Team Smoke/Cage lol

HD Smoke

Noob
Smoke is so footsie and poking dependent thats why i would get pissed when people said he was noob friendly and easy to use. Smoke is top 6 of the hardest to use IMO. lots of reads, whiffs punishes, and taking advantage of anti airs with d1 bomb every chance you get. a stupid reset doesnt mean he is noob friendly!

HD Smoke

Noob
I'm hoping I'll level up enough to add Reptile to that list.
Reptile is still on that list just like kung lao, sonya, kitana and many more it just seems like this game goes through different character top 8 dominance all the time

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Shit.... I'm on the Sheeva train right now and I won't be getting off until it crashes into a brick wall.

Iustinus

Deus Fulminatus
It's clear that Cage, Kabal, and Smoke are the new tournament characters.
It's interesting how many "tournament characters" we've gone through. While those were obviously exceptional in this tournament, I wonder if we'll be saying the same thing in a couple of months (not that you're wrong), or if it'll be a new group again. I guess that just shows how much uncertainty there still is left in this game.