What's new

Granblue Fantasy: Versus (ArcSystemWorks)

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Brutally quiet online PC so far. Slowest I've tried personally before. DOA6 wasn't super popular, but had quite a few people initially. It's not nobody, and it's pulling more people that SFV, but just not seeing much of that new game surge.

I know it's not peak time, and everyone looks like they are on new Tekken and MK11 content, but lots extra people are playing games right now, but maybe not this one. On PC anyway. As popular as it seems seems on streaming right now, I was kind of hoping it would take off a little more. Makes me wonder if I should have just bought the collectors stuff on PS4 that had all the music and art and got a PC copy later. I like buying PC copies though. It's a lot better than it used to be, and we a few of the best versions of games on PC. I like trying to support that.

Anyway, as far a PC goes, have friends, play your friends, hope to make new friends, don't buy to make friends.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
EU PS4 wired people who want some games in this add mk_1man3letters
I play ferry mostly, be good have more people learn mu' s with

Official rest of world release 27th so can get it not on the HK psn store instead

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
Brutally quiet online PC so far. Slowest I've tried personally before. DOA6 wasn't super popular, but had quite a few people initially. It's not nobody, and it's pulling more people that SFV, but just not seeing much of that new game surge.

I know it's not peak time, and everyone looks like they are on new Tekken and MK11 content, but lots extra people are playing games right now, but maybe not this one. On PC anyway. As popular as it seems seems on streaming right now, I was kind of hoping it would take off a little more. Makes me wonder if I should have just bought the collectors stuff on PS4 that had all the music and art and got a PC copy later. I like buying PC copies though. It's a lot better than it used to be, and we a few of the best versions of games on PC. I like trying to support that.

Anyway, as far a PC goes, have friends, play your friends, hope to make new friends, don't buy to make friends.
Personally I've always felt PC gaming as soulless anyway. I consider myself a gamer i have 4k hours in dota amd I love but sitting a a computer clicking doesnt really mean gamer for me unpopular opinion hear me out though. I work at a computer preaty much all day ZERO percent chance o do that when I get home lol.

As far as GB is concerned its lit on ps4 super short que times I only play ranked as well.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Personally I've always felt PC gaming as soulless anyway. I consider myself a gamer i have 4k hours in dota amd I love but sitting a a computer clicking doesnt really mean gamer for me unpopular opinion hear me out though. I work at a computer preaty much all day ZERO percent chance o do that when I get home lol.

As far as GB is concerned its lit on ps4 super short que times I only play ranked as well.
I like a lot of people work on a computer all day, but I still kind of prefer it. I tend to have other stuff going on while I play like watching TV or having a few Twitch streams I'm keeping an eye on. Being able click over to something else so easily is handy. I have a large monitor next to my TV for my PS4 and a laptop on the coffee table that lets me kind of do the same when on PS4, and while I like the population on PS4, I don't really have any specific people I play on console. I've pretty much shut the mic, and messages down, because people wanting to S talk after they lost or gloat after a win isn't something I'm interested in. I certainly don't need an Xbox player, hunting me down on PSN, to tell me I suck after they won, then move on to calling me a spammer after they lost when they just did 4 nitro kicks in a row.

Then you have things like Tekken, SC6 and maybe others even considered best versions on PC. Input Latency is consistently higher on PS4, potentially even in this game (heard it is, but not confirmed). Typically more graphical candy like 60fps cinematics and Krypt, Games like Sekiro running at 60fps vs 30 on PS4. Possibility of extreme frame rates., not having to rebuy generational upgrades, or dig out old consoles to play old games. More comprehensive cloud saves (I have 2 ps4's and it's not ideal). Most Fighters (mostly all I play) will run fairly well on my laptop, which is pretty easy to travel with. PC has a lot going for it and I like staying invested. I generally have everything for all games on both platforms, but tend to just focus on PC most of the time.

The big down side is massive, variable performance issues that many users aren't equipped to deal with. Like people running a NRS benchmark, getting low fps, and then saying "I'm going to play online now like a boss!" That and I guess more cheating. That goes hand in hand with some perk software like the frame data inspectors for Tekken and SC6 so ¯\(ツ)

I don't know that any of that has much to do with GBFV. Games cool. I kind of suck at it. I'm totally on topic now.

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º

hmm, i guess it depends where you from.
i rarely have issues finding people to play with in europe in the more "popular" fighting games which now includes granblue since its new.
ranked search gets me matches, lobbies are kinda empty but still some people hang around.

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
Updated the Startpost with Tutorial Links

Zooey will arrive tomorrow. She is the last Char Pass1 Character.
Second Pass got already confirmed.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter

Just been waiting for this guy. ♥

Update:
  • Version 1.40 Free update @ August 9
    • RPG Mode
      • New Main Quest Episode 41-45;
      • New boss battle;
      • Serial code for exchanging 1000 crystals after clearing episode 45.
    • RPG Time Attack Mode
      • First event: VS Ares @ 17 August - 22 August
      • Trophies and limited plates for ranking in and clearing special conditions;
      • Different ranking for single and two players.
  • GBVS: Blitz @ 4 September - 6 September
    • During event, VS level will be kept unchanged and rank match will not be available;
    • Gain points by playing matches. Points will be given even for loser;
    • Get trophy by ranking in;
    • Get limited plates by accumulating points;
    • Grouping will be determined by VS level at beginning of event
  • New Character Belial @ 24 September
    • Include serial code for job skin Alter Ego Malicious;
    • Weapon skin is sunglasses (Not used for attack)
  • Version 2.00 @ 24 September
    • All characters balance adjustment;
    • VS level reset;
    • Improvement on online lobby;
    • Improvement on online matching;
    • Sales of Character Pass Season 2.
  • New Character Cagliostro @ half of October