What's new

Question - Cryomancer goto cryomancer mixups?

Hey all, I am very new to the mk series, played some mk9 and could do a few bnbs but nothing special.
I want to make a real attempt to get good at this game.

I plan to get 1-2 midscreen bnb combos and 1 reliable corner combo. And 3 or so mixups and just practice these till I have some good fundamentals.

Sorry if it's somewhere else but I couldn't find it but I was wondering if anyone could share 3 good mixups for cryomancer that I can put to good use.

Thanks in advance!

BATTLEBEAR

NJ Jobber
B33 Is a low string starter that can be canceled into EX hammer for big damage. Its -9 on block, so it can be punished, but only the the fastest moves at the right range. B2 is a safe overhead that can lead to 31% when run canceled into the f4 2 1+2 string on the hit confirmation. In the neutral game, make your opponent respect your low options (they should by default because slide is so fast, causes an untechable knockdown, and moves them closer to the corner), and then mix both the b2 overhead and Ice Hammer into your gameplan. Don't always use the ice hammer as a means of a "mixup" option, but throw it in once in awhile to catch your opponent off guard, or to catch a pre-emptive jump in. The move is -10 on block, but pushes the opponent and you back, so good luck punishing it (unless you are in the mirror, or fighting reptile). Sub Zero's down 3 and 1 are both very effective as well, and are incredibly useful for poking/setting up your next offensive attack, whether it be a jump in, or a run canceled safe string(like b1 2, or f4 2)

Hope that helped a bit!

B33 Is a low string starter that can be canceled into EX hammer for big damage. Its -9 on block, so it can be punished, but only the the fastest moves at the right range. B2 is a safe overhead that can lead to 31% when run canceled into the f4 2 1+2 string on the hit confirmation. In the neutral game, make your opponent respect your low options (they should by default because slide is so fast, causes an untechable knockdown, and moves them closer to the corner), and then mix both the b2 overhead and Ice Hammer into your gameplan. Don't always use the ice hammer as a means of a "mixup" option, but throw it in once in awhile to catch your opponent off guard, or to catch a pre-emptive jump in. The move is -10 on block, but pushes the opponent and you back, so good luck punishing it (unless you are in the mirror, or fighting reptile). Sub Zero's down 3 and 1 are both very effective as well, and are incredibly useful for poking/setting up your next offensive attack, whether it be a jump in, or a run canceled safe string(like b1 2, or f4 2)

Hope that helped a bit!
That was perfect thank you so much for taking your time to help me!