What's new

Got some questions, need some answers.

How do you deal with dvorahs jump ins, a good dvorah player will abuse and rape you without mercy with jumps in a neutral state and jump ins. And it feels like you just have to take it. Not only tuat her d1 is so quick ater one of these jump ins it leave you with no options it seems. After the d1 its always the tentacle rape of death prickly bullshit. Explain this matchup please and what shang can do. Can he do anything? Or is warlock the only option with zone spam?

why is baraka such a hard matchup for shang? Baraka never respects anything shang has and shang might as well not be on the roster when the match starts. He walks through ypu without mercy, with godlike damage and frames and once again... mother fucking jump ins. I need help with these bullshit shit shows of a a pair up.

iv given up trying to compete with jax frames and inconsistent punishes, especially after brady showed how broken punishing him actually is, but these two characters, wha the actual hell? Haaaaalp godamnit haaaaaaaalp!!!!

on a different note, why is shake so slow? some projectiles you cant react to online at all.

Parasurama

Dragon
How do you deal with dvorahs jump ins, a good dvorah player will abuse and rape you without mercy with jumps in a neutral state and jump ins. And it feels like you just have to take it. Not only tuat her d1 is so quick ater one of these jump ins it leave you with no options it seems. After the d1 its always the tentacle rape of death prickly bullshit. Explain this matchup please and what shang can do. Can he do anything? Or is warlock the only option with zone spam?

why is baraka such a hard matchup for shang? Baraka never respects anything shang has and shang might as well not be on the roster when the match starts. He walks through ypu without mercy, with godlike damage and frames and once again... mother fucking jump ins. I need help with these bullshit shit shows of a a pair up.

iv given up trying to compete with jax frames and inconsistent punishes, especially after brady showed how broken punishing him actually is, but these two characters, wha the actual hell? Haaaaalp godamnit haaaaaaaalp!!!!

on a different note, why is shake so slow? some projectiles you cant react to online at all.
Let us wait for the anti DVorah tech. For Baraka, just zone him and you should be good.

xKMMx

Banned
I just started playing Baraka today. About 25 matches in. But one was Shang and he fucked me up. I don’t know if it was just my inexperience with the match up but I couldn’t really find a way to punish him too hard. Most other match ups all I gotta do is get the hit twice, maybe a grab and it’s over.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
I just started playing Baraka today. About 25 matches in. But one was Shang and he fucked me up. I don’t know if it was just my inexperience with the match up but I couldn’t really find a way to punish him too hard. Most other match ups all I gotta do is get the hit twice, maybe a grab and it’s over.
There's nothing you did wrong because db2 is a retarded move that has very limited counters.

DoDaMuSiC

Ermac ftw
Even if she has that huge ass range on her jump 1, it still has a hurtbox to it. You can aa dvorah no problems, just practice it

You have 4 options:

1 - Sit and watch it
2 - Try to anti air it and get fucked up in the face
3 - And like everything else that has free shit in this game and there is no option to deal with it....Flawless block it
4 - GIT GUUUD

(Be careful. The NRS stockers in this forum are coming for you....)

xKMMx

Banned
You have 4 options:

1 - Sit and watch it
2 - Try to anti air it and get fucked up in the face
3 - And like everything else that has free shit in this game and there is no option to deal with it....Flawless block it
4 - GIT GUUUD

(Be careful. The NRS stockers in this forum are coming for you....)
But then how come Top 8s aren't just full of Dvorahs doing nothing but jump 2's. Hmmm I wonder. Maybe the pro's just haven't caught on to this unstoppable tech

xKMMx

Banned
There's nothing you did wrong because db2 is a (soap bar in my mouth) move that has very limited counters.
Yea. I honestly just picked Baraka up because I am bored with Jacqui. But I will say he is a lot of fun. So far I've just noticed that I suck with him because I cannot open anyone up. Im also finding it really hard to punish a lot of stuff in this game due to push back and his s1 string being unbelievably stubby. Props to anyone that is a Baraka main punishing consistently. He is still such a fun character though because of the big damage.

But then how come Top 8s aren't just full of Dvorahs doing nothing but jump 2's. Hmmm I wonder. Maybe the pro's just haven't caught on to this unstoppable tech
The pros filtered the anti air bullshit way before you and me. They counter act bullshit with bullshit.

If you investigate this, im pretty sure that the answer will be "well, I counter act this with another bs"....or, there are so many bs on their gameplan in general that the d vorahs jump in does not even get close to the massive bullshit they have in their minds.

1 - You dont evaluate a game looking at the consistency of the pros. This is a falacy. Can be somoething, but it cant be too.
2 - Answer this question: Should a competitive fg have consistent anti airs to counter act random jump ins or not? The answer is obvious.

xKMMx

Banned
The pros filtered the anti air bullshit way before you and me. They counter act bullshit with bullshit.

If you investigate this, im pretty sure that the answer will be "well, I counter act this with another bs"....or, there are so many bs on their gameplan in general that the d vorahs jump in does not even get close to the massive bullshit they have in their minds.

1 - You dont evaluate a game looking at the consistency of the pros. This is a falacy. Can be somoething, but it cant be too.
2 - Answer this question: Should a competitive fg have consistent anti airs to counter act random jump ins or not? The answer is obvious.
L
And like everything else that has free shit in this game and there is no option to deal with it....Flawless block it
So your saying there are ways to deal with it. Yep that was my point. You can counter it. Case closed.

xKMMx

Banned
Fb it? The guy free jump you....and you have to fb it? What do you think about this? Is that fair?
Its incredibly fair. Its part of the game man. There is a practice mode where I can go in and spend as much time as I want labbing the timing of FB'ing any jump in. The even better part is I can then U2 that shit and get a full combo. You can too man.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
You can literally see Honybee literally neutral j2 in the corner 2,3-4x in a row. It can be countered it's just risky so most people just block. A common trend amongst top players is that they like to play it safe which is why they don't usually wakeup like maniacs or try to grab players out of rolls for example.

Its incredibly fair. Its part of the game man. There is a practice mode where I can go in and spend as much time as I want labbing the timing of FB'ing any jump in. The even better part is I can then U2 that shit and get a full combo. You can too man.
Jesus....your notion of risk / reward is completely fucked up.

xKMMx

Banned
Jesus....your notion of risk / reward is completely fucked up.
That's your opinion man. But the facts are you stated there is no way to get around it. Which is wrong. Another thing that you said which is ridiculous is ….

WHat the hell are you even trying to say?

Of course you evaluate a game by its highest level of play. This is where you will see the game being played by the most skilled players capable of doing everything that is possible in the game in any facet. Wanna know how to counter something. Bet you can watch a pro do it if you watch enough in game footage. Just because you can't do it doesn't mean it can't be done.

That's your opinion man. But the facts are you stated there is no way to get around it. Which is wrong. Another thing that you said which is ridiculous is ….

WHat the hell are you even trying to say?

Of course you evaluate a game by its highest level of play. This is where you will see the game being played by the most skilled players capable of doing everything that is possible in the game in any facet. Wanna know how to counter something. Bet you can watch a pro do it if you watch enough in game footage. Just because you can't do it doesn't mean it can't be done.
Some stuff are not a matter of an opinion anymore, it is just ignorance. You are just wrong....it keeps me thinking about wtf are the kind of people that play this game and comment here in this forum. You dont even know and agree that a competitive fg should have anti airs to counter act random jumps....or at least a viable option to counter act that.
FB demmands reactions and a lot of training. How many practices and waste of your time on training mode do you need to impulsevely jump at your opponent? That is what im talking about.

According to you, mk9 and x are fair and not broken. MVC2 had consistent players too.....dude, the pros filter the shit until you watch the finals on youtube. Their filtered a lot.....characters, mechanics....what works and not.
They are extremely talented and receivemoney for it.....Me and you....we bought a game and I demmand a decent product.

Of course they will not fix it and produce this garbage....people like you dont understand it and swallow everything, as long as sonic fox overcome it.

CRITICAL THINKING PLEASE.

xKMMx

Banned
Some stuff are not a matter of an opinion anymore, it is just ignorance. You are just wrong....it keeps me thinking about wtf are the kind of people that play this game and comment here in this forum. You dont even know and agree that a competitive fg should have anti airs to counter act random jumps....or at least a viable option to counter act that.
FB demmands reactions and a lot of training. How many practices and waste of your time on training mode do you need to impulsevely jump at your opponent? That is what im talking about.

According to you, mk9 and x are fair and not broken. MVC2 had consistent players too.....dude, the pros filter the shit until you watch the finals on youtube. Their filtered a lot.....characters, mechanics....what works and not.
They are extremely talented and receivemoney for it.....Me and you....we bought a game and I demmand a decent product.

Of course they will not fix it and produce this garbage....people like you dont understand it and swallow everything, as long as sonic fox overcome it.

CRITICAL THINKING PLEASE.
Man your like talking to a wall. An angry, entitled, scrubby wall.

Love you man I hope you get some work on that anger and see things a little less through the lens of this game is 100 percent crap just because its got some things are that are a little more difficult than it should be. And I do mean get some help with that anger bro cause its clearly an issue. You tend to not be able to have a discourse for even something as small in the scheme of life as a video game without having to try and belittle anyone that might disagree with you.

For the last time though bro. You started out saying that there is no way to deal with it that causes any risk for her and people here gave you a way . Fb her jump ins. Guess how long it took ,me in practice mode to start being able to consistently FB and punish jump ins? About 5 to 10 minutes per character that I labbed it on. You can do it too man its really not that hard.

Man your like talking to a wall. An angry, entitled, scrubby wall.

Love you man I hope you get some work on that anger and see things a little less through the lens of this game is 100 percent crap just because its got some things are that are a little more difficult than it should be. And I do mean get some help with that anger bro cause its clearly an issue. You tend to not be able to have a discourse for even something as small in the scheme of life as a video game without having to try and belittle anyone that might disagree with you.

For the last time though bro. You started out saying that there is no way to deal with it that causes any risk for her and people here gave you a way . Fb her jump ins. Guess how long it took ,me in practice mode to start being able to consistently FB and punish jump ins? About 5 to 10 minutes per character that I labbed it on. You can do it too man its really not that hard.
You dont know me. I have just a little...little tolerance for bullshit....and I listen to people, I listen to arguments....but....you just are not going to defend flawless blocking as a fair measure to counter act jump ins in a game like mk11 and not hear some truth. Im sorry....im just being honest.

People gave up....man...look around you and see what people do with their lives. See what they are....if you are really into this path of following the masses....good luck to you.

I don t think the game is 100% garbage.....i like it. I play it....but some things are just facts. FB jump ins I mean....i cant man....I am so sorry.

I wish you well too.

Dvorah and Baraka have those wonky jump ins foreal. All I can say for Dvorah is practice trying to D2 or FB it. Baraka’s tho u just gotta hold the timing is so weird lol