What's new

Tech - Tigrar Fury Goro's cheeky pseudo-infinite

Wigy

There it is...
Im in training mode with sub, it doesn't jail against him at least. Unless Im doing something wrong, because I can even ex slide in between. I must be doing something wrong. Or it just doesnt work against sub.

Alright, first of all, I use Goro and I got excited for new tech. It was nothing. Therefore the sigh of disappointment. Could you please get off that shit ass attitude you guys have? Can you please stop pretending you guys are some sort of god that cannot be scrutinized? For fucks sake if you were Sonicfax or someone decent Id understand but not even that.

Yup just tried it with Shinnok, youre right if you block low (and why wouldnt you) then it doesnt jail. Butts.

Doesnt work on Sektor either.
And its very inconsistent on Reptile.
You made a snide remark about something you were totally wrong on. Feel free to scrutinise but dont be an asshat about it, then be a larger asshat when you're corrected.

Wigy

There it is...
They are, but since it is not a true blockstring can you block 21 high, then crouch block the flame breath. Not hard to understand.

Also you have 0 reasons not to block low after 21 since Goro has 0 OH specials or strings after 21 in this variation.
Check my first post. This is literally the first thing i said. Before anyone.

My post was about him making snide comments without his facts straight.

1. You can armor before the flame and even poke out depending on your character. Mileena can normal ball roll, goro can d1/3. I'm like 99% sure Cassie can 212 before the flame.

2. Crouch block the flame and goro is pushed far away enough where 2 won't make contact to the opponent, even with timing that would jail a standing opponent. Since ur +12, you can go for a d4 xx pw or a f3, but f3 isn't guaranteed and pressure ends after a blocked punch walk.

3. The reason why this is like a staple thing with this variation is because there's always the chance goro can do pw to beat out your mash out attempts. It legitimizes d4 xx flame, which is godlike when you've conditioned them to this mixup. Otherwise, it's just that; a mixup. Not a block infinite, not a pseudo block infinite, just a mixup.

And lastly, 4. I hate the term pseudo block infinite, it should be burned in a fire like Kobu Jutsu Tanya did this patch.

Orangutan

WutanOrangutan
@EVB Alright RyRy You said wigys comment was correct and incorrect. It was only correct. All he and RM Cossner were ever referring to was the direct jail from fb into 21. Cossner thought it wouldnt jail as its a high, wigy corrected him as it jails regardless. You for some reason expanded that to consider the "infinite" as a whole, and said it wouldnt work

Wigy

There it is...
Its not an infinite. A lot of characters can just crouch and make it whiff. Get over yourself.
Duuuuuude. Check my first post. I was the first person to explain why its not an infinite.

What i didnt like was you making out orangutan was an idiot cause you thought it starting on a high meant u could poke etc. which was wrong.

Stop backtracking and being an asshat. You were wrong suck it up and stop throwing out random nonsense.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Duuuuuude. Check my first post. I was the first person to explain why its not an infinite.

What i didnt like was you making out orangutan was an idiot cause you thought it starting on a high meant u could poke etc. which was wrong.

Stop backtracking and being an asshat. You were wrong suck it up and stop throwing out random nonsense.
Wow you read all that on "sigh". Again, get over yourself.

@Cage Redfield Boy this really got your knickers in a twist didnt it
I mean yeah, misinformation and a thread title like the one used here give people the wrong idea. This isn't a block infinite when it ends after the beginning block string and the first revolution has a gap in it in the first place. I looked at the video in the first post and saw that the goro blockstring was recorded with shinnok trying to armor out AFTER the flame instead of before it. If you literally put reversals on shinnok with you doing the goro string, you'd immediately see that it's not a true block string. It's about as much a block infinite as jax f21 xx plasma wave. Not trying to be mean or anything, but yeah this is not a thing. I also severely hate the concept of pseudo block infinites so if you sense any hostility from this and the previous post, it's 100% because I think those words make no sense when put next to each other and all that happens when they're used is people freaking out and calling attention to something that's not all that bad in the first place.

Notez4

Noob
it's 100% because I think those words make no sense when put next to each other and all that happens when they're used is people freaking out and calling attention to something that's not all that bad in the first place.
60% of the time, it works everytime

Notez4

Noob
it's 100% because I think those words make no sense when put next to each other and all that happens when they're used is people freaking out and calling attention to something that's not all that bad in the first place.
60% of the time, it works everytime

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
I mean yeah, misinformation and a thread title like the one used here give people the wrong idea. This isn't a block infinite when it ends after the beginning block string and the first revolution has a gap in it in the first place. I looked at the video in the first post and saw that the goro blockstring was recorded with shinnok trying to armor out AFTER the flame instead of before it. If you literally put reversals on shinnok with you doing the goro string, you'd immediately see that it's not a true block string. It's about as much a block infinite as jax f21 xx plasma wave. Not trying to be mean or anything, but yeah this is not a thing. I also severely hate the concept of pseudo block infinites so if you sense any hostility from this and the previous post, it's 100% because I think those words make no sense when put next to each other and all that happens when they're used is people freaking out and calling attention to something that's not all that bad in the first place.
word

Orangutan

WutanOrangutan
@Cage Redfield
I hear you, though it was only after posting this that people alert my attention to the fact that low blocking creates extra pushback. And if you check my first post you'll see I did explain that this would only work meterless, and in terms of my inputs the sole reason for me doing armoured reversals with shinnok was to show that fb into 21 was a jail. I'm fully aware theres an armourable hole in between

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
@Cage Redfield

I hear you, though it was only after posting this that people alert my attention to the fact that low blocking creates extra pushback. And if you check my first post you'll see I did explain that this would only work meterless, and in terms of my inputs the sole reason for me doing armoured reversals with shinnok was to show that fb into 21 was a jail. I'm fully aware theres an armourable hole in between
If it's any relation, apparently a lot of people don't know that about low blocking during parts of strings.

Even I didn't until I became a shitlord in my own subforum.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Cant admit you're wrong so keep deflecting. Sweeeet,
I mean I stated what I meant in like 3 posts but according to you I'm "deflecting" after you made up this whole drama after a simple "sigh". You have issues.