What's new

Tech - Tigrar Fury Goro's cheeky pseudo-infinite

Orangutan

WutanOrangutan
If you're familiar with the Tigrar Fury variation of Goro I'm sure you'll have noticed the crazy block advantage on dragonbreath (+12), pretty nuts.

That basically means that any normal below 12frames start up will jail afterwards. I've found the string -21- works best as it has a 10 frame start-up, and it has long enough cancel frames that the opponent cannot poke before the special comes out.

If the opponent doesn't have meter then this is technically a corner infinite :)
Using Shinnok I am trying to armour bf-3 after Goros flamebreath, just to show that he is truly jailed

The only other attempt at a way out is to jump after the -21-, which gets caught by the flamebreath

With some practice i'm sure the jump out can be reacted to

The only exception to this seems to takeda, found by @Wigy, as he has weird pushback properties on block[/MEDIA]

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Its not infinite. If you crouch block the flame it pushes them back outside of s2 range.

Also, either the flame can't be backdashed in the corner or it must be close to a frame window to correctly backdash

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Stop sighing and read the post. +12, 10 frame high still jails.

If you're going to be condescending at least get your facts right
They are, but since it is not a true blockstring can you block 21 high, then crouch block the flame breath. Not hard to understand.

Also you have 0 reasons not to block low after 21 since Goro has 0 OH specials or strings after 21 in this variation.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
They are, but since it is not a true blockstring can you block 21 high, then crouch block the flame breath. Not hard to understand.

Also you have 0 reasons not to block low after 21 since Goro has 0 OH specials or strings after 21 in this variation.
That doesn't change the fact that Wigy stated.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
It still jails due to the block stun of flame breath.
Im in training mode with sub, it doesn't jail against him at least. Unless Im doing something wrong, because I can even ex slide in between. I must be doing something wrong. Or it just doesnt work against sub.
Stop sighing and read the post. +12, 10 frame high still jails.

If you're going to be condescending at least get your facts right
Alright, first of all, I use Goro and I got excited for new tech. It was nothing. Therefore the sigh of disappointment. Could you please get off that shit ass attitude you guys have? Can you please stop pretending you guys are some sort of god that cannot be scrutinized? For fucks sake if you were Sonicfax or someone decent Id understand but not even that.
Correct and Incorrect, Cossner is stating that the first hit is a high and if blocked correctly it doesnt jail. What OP states is correct, if blocked High it jails the high.

I understand what both people are saying.
Yup just tried it with Shinnok, youre right if you block low (and why wouldnt you) then it doesnt jail. Butts.

Doesnt work on Sektor either.
And its very inconsistent on Reptile.

Last edited:

Orangutan

WutanOrangutan
Correct and Incorrect, Cossner is stating that the first hit is a high and if blocked correctly it doesnt jail. What OP states is correct, if blocked High it jails the high.

I understand what both people are saying.
Nah dude thats not how jails work. The fact that its a high is irrelevant, it even jails d'vorrah low blocked if timed correctly; and keep in mind d'vorrah's low block usually goes under high moves lol

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Nah dude thats not how jails work. The fact that its a high is irrelevant, it even jails d'vorrah low blocked if timed correctly; and keep in mind d'vorrah's low block usually goes under high moves lol
I know how jailing works, especially with Goro, I have mained this character since launch. This is day 1 tech man, not to burst a bubble or anything.