What's new

Tech - Dragon Fangs Goro Vs Possesed (goros options)

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
Many people have been saying that goro vs possesed is a trash matchup for goro, and unwinnable. Well although i think its not in goros favor, its not as bad as some think. Here are some of goros options.

This is goro running under kenshis jump in and punishing, and using ex lowfang to get a combo as well, he has both a meterless and meterwith punish.

THis is goro running under the neutral jump punch and punishing, he can also punish this with ex lowfang for the combo.

goro punishing 42 meterless and meterwith
goro meterlessley punishing 4 2 of the jump in.

goro meter with and back dash njp

so it looks like if you do 4 2 njp it will stuff run but not backdash, but 42 jump in can be run under , and all of them get full combo punished with ex low fang.

@EVB Alright RyRy
@BunLantern
@Nuovo_Cabjoy
@Espio
@Pig Of The Hut
@Decay
@juicepouch
@Miley Cyrus
@Metzos
@Udun
@Solomon Gorondy
@DarksydeDash
@ any other goros or kenshis

Last edited:

Espio

Kokomo
Why is anyone labeling match ups as trash and unwinnable when the patch has been out for slightly over a week? Is anybody really grinding stuff that hard? Somehow I doubt that. I also doubt most people even know how to fight Kenshi.

He can armor out of 4,2, teleport into NJP with Krush and ex low fang. It's also not going to kill people to periodically block the pressure.

People over hyping match ups is nothing new. A lot of people have to deal with Possessed Kenshi's teleport pressure, it's not something extremely unique to Goro.

Good thread, upping the meta is always appreciated.

Edit: And you still have found other good options off of different jump ins from Kenshi, looks good.

Last edited:

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
Why is anyone labeling match ups as trash and unwinnable when the patch has been out for slightly over a week? Is anybody really grinding stuff that hard? Somehow I doubt that. I also doubt most people even know how to fight Kenshi.

He can armor out of 4,2, teleport into NJP with Krush and ex low fang. It's also not going to kill people to periodically block the pressure.

People over hyping match ups is nothing new. A lot of people have to deal with Possessed Kenshi's teleport pressure, it's not something extremely unique to Goro.

Good thread, upping the meta is always appreciated.

Edit: And you still have found other good options off of different jump ins from Kenshi, looks good.
agree with u 100 percent

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Please don't tag me in trash threads and in the same line as this "troubled" individual.
Nah, I just thought of adding you guys in, since both are Kenshi mains, and especially you, who are, also, a Goro main (I remember ours game, and you against Decay).

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Many people have been saying that goro vs possesed is a trash matchup for goro, and unwinnable. Well although i think its not in goros favor, its not as bad as some think. Here are some of goros options.

This is goro running under kenshis jump in and punishing, and using ex lowfang to get a combo as well, he has both a meterless and meterwith punish.

THis is goro running under the neutral jump punch and punishing, he can also punish this with ex lowfang for the combo.

goro punishing 42 meterless and meterwith
goro meterlessley punishing 4 2 of the jump in.

goro meter with and back dash njp

so it looks like if you do 4 2 njp it will stuff run but not backdash, but 42 jump in can be run under , and all of them get full combo punished with ex low fang.

@EVB Alright RyRy
@BunLantern
@Nuovo_Cabjoy
@Espio
@Pig Of The Hut
@Decay
@juicepouch
@Miley Cyrus
@Metzos
@Udun
@Solomon Gorondy
@DarksydeDash
@ any other goros or kenshis
Good stuff knicks but I do wanna point out one particular issue here

While you're buffering FFFFFF expecting what I'm going to do is when I do what you don't think I'm gonna do and throws off your timing therefor you get hit by the real mix

42 tele is primary however those who expect just 42 tele are gonna get blown up.

S1
B1
S11
D4
322 into tele all have different block advantages and cancel advantages which will (I guarantee you) throw off your timing when trying to buffer this correctly for a punish especially when I know you don't have meter

You have answers YES - but using them consistently is NOT easy nor will it when playing good kenshis. Characters w best answers are the following

Kitana w 2 bars
Ermac
Raiden
Shinnok
Scorpion
Quan

Those characters have confident answers that force stress on me to be better at commanding respect.

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)

While you're buffering FFFFFF expecting what I'm going to do is when I do what you don't think I'm gonna do and throws off your timing therefor you get hit by the real mix

42 tele is primary however those who expect just 42 tele are gonna get blown up.

S1
B1
S11
D4
322 into tele all have different block advantages and cancel advantages which will (I guarantee you) throw off your timing when trying to buffer this correctly for a punish especially when I know you don't have meter

You have answers YES - but using them consistently is NOT easy nor will it when playing good kenshis. Characters w best answers are the following

Kitana w 2 bars
Ermac
Raiden
Shinnok
Scorpion
Quan

Those characters have confident answers that force stress on me to be better at commanding respect.
To isnt ex low fang always an answer, i was just trying to show that he wasn't completely helpless it could still be bad, just that he has options

DR.Innuendo

Kitana, Kenshi, Triborg
Nah, I just thought of adding you guys in, since both are Kenshi mains, and especially you, who are, also, a Goro main (I remember ours game, and you against Decay).
thanks for the tag, we will have a long road to creating tier list and discovering new tech as we develop our place in this new meta.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
I am was one who labeled this MU awful. Not gonna lie. I will admit I did lab it for a few minutes and EX Low Fang didn't even pop into my head for those few minutes.

While is may be a tool out, its not an answer.

Back-dash is super inconsistent, Kenshi can possibly delay the NJP or JIP off of a teleport.

Also DF has to be the way to go in this MU no matter what. KW or TF only have Telestomp or EX Flame Breath.

Very good find though Knicks, this has opened my mind to new possibilities.

Off to the lab I GO!!

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Okay, @Pig Of The Hut and @EMPEROR_KNICKS few things I did when I labbed it for a few minutes.

First:
Possible max damage of EX Low Fang Punish

Second: (and Pig I need your input on this one.)

Not sure how "reliable" this one is, but IF you make the read on 42 Tele and you take the second hit of the string, Goro can D1 punish the NJP for a full combo.

I know this was a HUGE reason before on why Possessed was a bad variation is that you could take the hits and the NJP would whiff or something like that.

So I dabbed around with that for a few. Only using the 42 string.

So this MU is not as bad as I thought it was for sure. I spoke prematurely before labbing.

S1
B1
S11
D4

Kitana w 2 bars
Ermac
Raiden
Shinnok
Scorpion
Quan

Thanks Pig! Definitely gonna add this knowledge to my Kenshi Possessed game.

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
Okay, @Pig Of The Hut and @EMPEROR_KNICKS few things I did when I labbed it for a few minutes.

First:
Possible max damage of EX Low Fang Punish

Second: (and Pig I need your input on this one.)

Not sure how "reliable" this one is, but IF you make the read on 42 Tele and you take the second hit of the string, Goro can D1 punish the NJP for a full combo.

I know this was a HUGE reason before on why Possessed was a bad variation is that you could take the hits and the NJP would whiff or something like that.

So I dabbed around with that for a few. Only using the 42 string.

So this MU is not as bad as I thought it was for sure. I spoke prematurely before labbing.
Also i didnt post this but if kenshi does 42 into tele he can ex lowfang and get a poke and run in and do like b12

Tweedy

Noob
You can still make it whiff by taking the hit(with some characters at least), but that's a maniacal strategy.