What's new

Goodbye Test Your Might..

Might-Taro 19

by each death, we learn more..
It happened before with snapchat, facebook, friends, and now this. I just wanted to say that I will no longer be active here because i can't keep up with it especially when my threads keep getting closed and no one finds me this appealing. I guess I'm looking forward to Mk11 but at the same time I don't think anything matters anymore.. I got social anxiety, and depression. I did make threads about my crud before, but this is the last you will see the taste of Might-Taro 19. Fairwell to all of you and I wish you the best.

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
It happened before with snapchat, facebook, friends, and now this. I just wanted to say that I will no longer be active here because i can't keep up with it especially when my threads keep getting closed and no one finds me this appealing. I guess I'm looking forward to Mk11 but at the same time I don't think anything matters anymore.. I got social anxiety, and depression. I did make threads about my crud before, but this is the last you will see the taste of Might-Taro 19. Fairwell to all of you and I wish you the best.
You ok?

@Juggs this is mad ominous anything we can do to get this guy a wellness check or something

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
When you feel like this, listen to some music that helps with your mood, and remember that you will feel better again soon.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
as I am sure you know depression can skew your vision on things... just know you will always be welcome as an OG if you ever feel like dropping around to TYM again. There are no bridges burnt here. Go and take time doing you and if you ever miss TYM, then come back. No need for final goodbyes. This site is not going anywhere and there will always be some similar minded people here waiting for your next knowledge drop.

SZSR

Noob
This might be one of your first forays into this. Despite TYM (and fighting game forums in general) being connected to real people and players, to some degree a large portion of the userbase still holds a good degree of anonymity, and uses that as a shield to hide behind the need to treat others decently.

It's a fact of life for the internet, but I don't think we should willingly accept it, however this is the environment we find ourselves in so we need to find solutions for what's right there in front of us.

I would take a break, take a step back, maybe limit your interactions with certain individuals, block them if you must. And maybe just focus on what compelled you to come here (MK11) and the people who share a similar/same level of enthusiasm. (You might even find them on a different platform like Twitter or Discord, but that's a different point entirely).

Again, I find that the fact that situations arise like this is bull (seriously, it's not that hard to not be a dick to others), but also no one is here to hold your hand, gotta find the balance.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Few more months dude! You don’t need to make threads to comment on stuff, I haven’t made one yet lol. I just hop in where I have an opinion. Don’t let the internet dictate your emotions, if you are a depressed kind of person it will only make it worse. Just remember, a few months we will be getting our asses kicked in mk11.

Gerchap

Noob
Aren’t you the same guy who opened the “Can you guys help” thread. You’re just a lazy boy, want to be someone in life but don’t want to work hard towards it. You posted you want to become nutritionist but you don’t want to take the classes because they’re hard etc etc. Nothing in life is easy you just have to suck it up and keep on moving.

Get up and work towards whatever you want. No one will hand you cash just because.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
You ok?

@Juggs this is mad ominous anything we can do to get this guy a wellness check or something
Thanks for tagging me. I’m on it.

Just as an FYI. If ANYONE is ever feeling depressed and needs someone to talk to, you can ALWAYS talk to me. Regardless if you think I hate you or not, I don’t. Hate requires too much energy.

This isn’t some kinda joke, I’m 10000% serious. I know exactly how it is with depression so please, PLEASE never feel that you can’t talk to me. I can be a dick in general but never when it comes to serious issues. I will help everyone that needs it, I have lost too many friends and family to this shit, it’s devastating.

Please I’m begging you @Might-Taro 19, respond to my DM.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I Don't know you, but I can relate with anxiety. It sucks and can make you feel worthless, lost and confused not knowing how to deal with it. I hope you can find proper help because crippling anxiety should never stop anyone from enjoying life and being able to live a normal life. Best of luck.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Everyone goes through this at one point or another. If I had to offer any advice it would be that YOU need to want to feel better. No one else will do it for you. There's no amount of likes on TYM or retweets or whatever the fuck happens on SnapChat that's going to make you feel better.

Also, if you're truly struggling like I was at one point in my life, there's absolutely no shame in seeking help. Sometimes speaking to someone who doesn't know you at all can work wonders. They'll offer you an opinion outside of what a friend or family member would. It's a step in the right direction to becoming better.

Every day try to do one positive thing for yourself. Take a long walk while listening to some music. Join a gym and actually go regularly. It can be anything, big or small. Make a note of it on your phone, that's what I did.

Everything will be ok. You just have to WANT it to be ok and work toward making that happen. Life is too short to be anything other than happy.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Listen man I hope the OP is ok and should definitely seek help if he's experiencing suicidal ideations / depression. BUT this really feels more like one of THOSE kind of "goodbye" threads that's really more a cry for attention than help.

Want proof? Look at the time/date stamp on the thread and compare that to the the OPs last visit Sure doesn't look "done" to me.

I mean when people are really REALLY done with something they just stop doing it. Not talk about it ad nauseum.

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
Suicide is on the rise in this country due to several factors. One of them is social media. Don't feel the need to be validated by the internet dude. Real life relationships will always be more valuable than people on the internet. You can dm me as well if you need someone to talk to. I get depressed as well. I think everyone does to some degree. Let's talk it out bro. Peace.

Obly

Ambiguous world creator
Hey MT, hope you're still reading replies. You should know, depression and anxiety are pretty common things that a lot of people go through from time to time--some more than others, but it's not a sign that you're broken. There are good treatments for these things that do work--you just have to give them a chance and things will get better. Put some faith in that.

A lot of folks deal with really dark spots too. You may have thought about hurting yourself or ending your life. Make a contract with yourself to not make any decisions in times like that. Instead, commit to getting up and moving around, maybe exercise if you want, but mostly just get moving, go outside if you can, burn off some of that energy, and put off any decisions until later. Some exercise and a good night's sleep will always help you feel better.

And if you still feel like you want to hurt yourself after that, commit to reaching out and talking to someone first. You can always reach someone at the National Suicide Prevention Hotline, 1-800-273-8255. Sometimes a good listener is exactly what you need, so give it a chance.

Outside of that, the best advice I can offer, my friend, is to find some ways to be around people face-to-face. I know the internet is easier, but it's no substitute. You don't need to give up social media, but don't expect it to feel like real friendship. There are people here who do care (you can see that), but we can't be in the room with you.

Try to find people who share your interests. Join a gaming club or something like that. Volunteer work is also a great way to get out and meet good, friendly people. You said you liked being outdoors, so find something that gets you outside and moving--walk dogs for your local shelter, help repair hiking trails, pick up litter, whatever.

Stay hopeful and look forward. Things can always get better if you break out of your routine and try new things.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Just a heads up, I’ve talked with him. That’s all I will say on the subject. If he wants to comment further he can do so.