What's new

Question - TriBorg Good uses for Sektor's regular flame thrower?

TamedLizard

Buff George
I mix it up now and then by ending stagger block strings with it to discourage poke attempts.

Other than that, I'll end some corner combos with flame just for SG&G.

I don't main Sektor though so someone else may provide better insight.

After a win, I'll meter burn a grab into B1 regular flame thrower for the Brutality.

Otherwise, i'll sometimes use it after F212BB in the corner. Overall I don't use it for too much. Occasionally after a far range B2 on block.

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
It doesn't have much uses other than an occasional check after a string, a exrra bit of chip damage against a character who can't punish it(although you still lose your turn) and for a bit of extra damage in corner combos and to get a quick rise.
And of course for the swaggy brutal.

I can't really think of one honestly maybe ending stagger strings to catch a counter poke if it was a restand...... well that's an entirely different topic of conversation

To stop people from neutral ducking f43 with a less yolo option than f4 teleport.
that's interesting I really like that idea....But assuming a had a bar to spend I would just tele and make it safe with Ex BF3 after the tele is blocked otherwise hitconfirm into about 35% with rockets incoming to keep the pressure on

rubmytaco

CarriedByClone
that's interesting I really like that idea....But assuming a had a bar to spend I would just tele and make it safe with Ex BF3 after the tele is blocked otherwise hitconfirm into about 35% with rockets incoming to keep the pressure on
Some characters can punish teleport guaranteed. f4xxflamethrower is used in situations where you're pretty sure your opponent will block the string and possibly try to punish. It's just another option to consider. The flamethrower isn't the easiest move to punish so it's low(ish) risk, low reward.

I mix it up now and then by ending stagger block strings with it to discourage poke attempts.

Other than that, I'll end some corner combos with flame just for SG&G.

I don't main Sektor though so someone else may provide better insight.
In the subzero mu i use it alot. I wake up against him alot with this with or without meter. Cuz either ex or regular goes through clone. And sometimes i use regular version as a combo ender in the corner, just to keep my opponent looking at different things. I also like to do 212 into regular flamethrower, cuz the pushback of the string keeps it pretty safe and does good chip. Its also a swaggy as hell looking blockstring lol

Wuuzie

Noob
Besides f4xxflamethrower, it serves little use outside of it's brutality tbh. I main sektor, 212 straight missle is a better pressure tool anyday, the blockstun makes it much more annoying. Sektors combos arent recommended to end with flamethrower either because I don't think it's very plus on stand, and it's not plus at all on knockdown.

Besides f4xxflamethrower, it serves little use outside of it's brutality tbh. I main sektor, 212 straight missle is a better pressure tool anyday, the blockstun makes it much more annoying. Sektors combos arent recommended to end with flamethrower either because I don't think it's very plus on stand, and it's not plus at all on knockdown.
I never use it off of f212bb cuz of the restand (and your right, the hit adv is not great) i modify my combo a bit so that it knocks them down. And yes 212 straight rocket is alot better, i was just stating a reason as to why i do it, mostly for swag

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
That's interesting do you know who can punish it after ex BF3 id like to check that out in the lab
Nearly everyone can, if its blocked crouching the pushback is significantly reduced and to me at least it feels like there is less blockstun.I can't speak for every character but most characters fastest button should be a consistent punish.