What's new

Good Quality Sets From The Reveal

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
exactly. they say it all the time but what i see on screen is totally different.
I can tell you literally what’s going on.

People seem to be mentally incapable of understanding the context of what we’ve just seen.

We have seen people play with varying degrees of practice time, showing varying degrees of skill.

If all you saw was people with maybe an hour of practice split between 7 different characters, only enough to really learn a few special moves and strings well and maybe one combo, you got a pretty surface level view of this game. That was the US stream. People using the one good projectile and one or two good strings they know and maybe tiny combo. Next to no use of all of the new defense options that give tools to get around zoning and rush down if the player is skilled and experienced enough. Shit like perfect blocking projectiles to recover fast and respond with your own attack or movement immediately and condition them to not do the same attack five times in a row.

If you saw he UK stream, which had K&M who had about a days worth of play over everyone else, you’d see two people playing good neutral, using good decent length combos, and more use of the defense tools and strategic crushing blows.

The footage of the dev who played Geras is also pretty good, though it seemed it was mostly going easy except for a few moments where he’d actually really go in.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
I can tell you literally what’s going on.

People seem to be mentally incapable of understanding the context of what we’ve just seen.

We have seen people play with varying degrees of practice time, showing varying degrees of skill.

If all you saw was people with maybe an hour of practice split between 7 different characters, only enough to really learn a few special moves and strings well and maybe one combo, you got a pretty surface level view of this game. That was the US stream. People using the one good projectile and one or two good strings they know and maybe tiny combo. Next to no use of all of the new defense options that give tools to get around zoning and rush down if the player is skilled and experienced enough. Shit like perfect blocking projectiles to recover fast and respond with your own attack or movement immediately and condition them to not do the same attack five times in a row.

If you saw he UK stream, which had K&M who had about a days worth of play over everyone else, you’d see two people playing good neutral, using good decent length combos, and more use of the defense tools and strategic crushing blows.

The footage of the dev who played Geras is also pretty good, though it seemed it was mostly going easy except for a few moments where he’d actually really go in.
Finally somebody gets it! I watched the K&M matches live. Then later I come on here seeing people complain about how slow the game is. I’m like, “uhhhhh... what??”

MKX was “slow” too when you watch people who don’t know the moves and combos yet.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Finally somebody gets it! I watched the K&M matches live. Then later I come on here seeing people complain about how slow the game is. I’m like, “uhhhhh... what??”

MKX was “slow” too when you watch people who don’t know the moves and combos yet.
I’d recommend this video where well known members of this community discuss the more technical stuff they saw and theory craft the potential of this game. It’s long so I’d say skip around maybe

Tom Brady and M2Dave had some pretty insightful thoughts around 5:15:55 and onward

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
I’d recommend this video where well known members of this community discuss the more technical stuff they saw and theory craft the potential of this game. It’s long so I’d say skip around maybe

Tom Brady and M2Dave had some pretty insightful thoughts around 5:15:55 and onward
Very interesting conversation! I hope more people realize this, rather than just blindly jumping on the hate train.