What's new

Good lord, I hate Mileena.

Temetias

"MKX kid"
I've never agreed more with anything than Eldriken's post there. Wish I could like twice haha.

Roll just kind of breaks the rules of the game. Roll when you're minus is just... there's no even words for how wrong that is. And meterless, full combo launching, near-invicible wake-up doesn't seem very nice to fight against. Yes, it can be blocked of course. I actually like fighting Mileena against online randoms because you just win by blocking. But if the player know what he's doing, it's complete nightmare.

Skedar70

Noob
I use F/T against her which is the best character I can do with. Yet you can't AA her when she is all over your face crossing you over. The recovery on her sais... nasty. Her roll low profiles my mid b1 so even on the ground with no meter I have to respect her. I don't want to even get started on the meter build of this bitch. Plus she still breaks most the the armors with her f1.

The removal of the 1 bar armored launcher meant nothing to this bitch because she can just wake up for a full combo with regular roll.

TOP TIER

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
She moves like lightning. Her teleport, ball roll, low sai...like how the hell is that balanced when coupled with how she low profiles EVERYTHING and has that tiny hitbox?
Her low sai is easily punishable on block, and could probs be reacted to with Tele?
Also with Sektor he has a great D2 to punish her telekick, and not 100% sure but might even be able to convert off D2 with Tele?
If she keeps rolling after a poke try armour to get her respect?
Does Sektor's D3,D4 get low profiled by roll?
She literally has no mixups as her OH will probably hit you the day Injustice 2 comes out, it takes that long to start up.
Keep blocking low and punish low sai and Tele-kicks, bait rolls.

@Dankster Morgan

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
Hehe love these threads, I can't stand this character. 8 frame answer to everything. It's a mid, it should act like one and not low-profile other mids. Not to mention if it trades, she can still convert

Last edited:

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
Did Mileena's roll low-profile stuff in MK9?
While it is a mid and it does suck it low profiles mids, you shouldn't be able to hit her out of it unless you are literally physically touching her as she rolls?
I understand the frustration but unless you hit her animation of the roll, shouldn't she 'roll' under your move?

I've found that the best way to beat mileena is to play patiently and punish everything she does. Make sure she doesn't get any jump ins on you, contest them every time even if you don't think you can get the anti air. Mileena players are all stuck in the same brain dead routine and as soon as they get a couple nice d2s to the face after jumping in and teleporting they panic and don't know what to do. Usually they'll try their go to bullshit (random teleport into sia/no sia mixup, wake up rolls and staggers into walk back string) a couple more times trying to make their options work because it's always worked. 9/10 times they'll hang themselves and they won't understand what went wrong. Best of luck

Edit: some additional tips
1.After a throw mid screen don't try to run up meaty, you won't get there in time, bait the roll.
2.If you throw her in the corner time your meaty perfectly or bait a roll because she's going to to roll
3. Make sure all your combo enders allow you enough time to easily run up after and meaty, even if it lowers your damage
4. Learn how your character punishes mileena teleport. If your character has no specific punish just duck the sia after the tele everytime (better for her to not be punished sometimes than her getting her turn back)
5. To anti air mileena you have to read it, you aren't reacting to this. That doesn't mean press a button before she even jumps just when you see a jump coming wait and punish.

Last edited:
This is about playing against a good Mileena not a random one.
Also, goodluck d2 that j1.
All mileena players do 'random' teleports and rolls sometimes. I anti air mileena everytime she jumps in, you just have to get better at reading the jump ins not get faster reactions.

If good mileena players did rolls that weren't random then they would be getting punished everytime. If good mileena players weren't doing rolls and teleports at all then no one would think the moves are good.

Last edited: