What's new

Match-up Discussion Good "Counters" to Kabal?

Does anyone have any characters that provide at least a 5-5 matchup against Kabal? I'm a Cage player, and honestly, I hate this matchup more than any of his others, so I was looking for a sub character to handle this character.

Can anyone give me a list of characters that do well against Kabal in general, and why? I am sure more people other than myself has asked this question.

I've thought about Kang considerably, but I don't think he does very well in the Kenshi matchup. Lao is probably my best bet to sub for cage, I just wanted an alternative. Maybe Freddy?

Owerbart

I miss you
Ermac has a nice shot against him.
Reptile, Kung Lao and Liu are also good ideas.

I suggest that if you play cage you will more comfortable with Lao

shad0ki11er 27

Time will only tell the Greats
to me alot of kabal players cant do mirror matchs so yeah just saying alot of them have trouble in this MU i do not know why but yeah they so yeah but if you don't want the morrior match then learn loa he does great against kabal its winnable

Glass Sword

Nobody
The only way you are going to beat Kabal is by out playing the Kabal. Player Kabal has TOO many options. Even against the characters who have similar options he sways the matchup in his favor since he can turn himself into a walking tank with his armor. Your really up the creek without a paddle for counter picking.
I can give you some advice if Kabal has less than one bar of meter GET IN THERE, You need to put on as much pressure as possible while he does not have armor. You got to play at your peak and get in their head Kabal is a very input heavy character and unless they are a machine (REO) if you can sway the matchup in your favor they will make some mistakes which you MUST punish.

shad0ki11er 27

Time will only tell the Greats
also you could try and learn skarlet but yeah shes hard to learn but fun to play because not may people play her but i try and use her in kabal matchs and she works out thanks to the armor she has and her dash rocks also so yeah try and learn her if you got time

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
I like using Skarlet.
But you have to take risk sometimes. Going for the safe low will only get you so far.