What's new

Video/Tutorial "Gonna cut that pretty face" Catwoman BnB combo guide post patch 1.06

Rodrigue

Spongerod
These combos have different combinations possible. I'm just breaking it down to the ones inflicting the most damage percentage, without using the background, interactable objects or level transitions.
Gonna post the inputs later on in the evening after work.
Share your thoughts! Would love to discuss her techniques and strategies as well.
If I'm missing on something that helps improving the damage rate, let me know.
I'd be more than glad to answer all of your questions if you're new to Catwoman or thinking about maining her.I think she's a beast!

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Thanks for the tag Rodrigue. Have you checked out mine and UTM's post here: http://testyourmight.com/threads/the-complete-combo-guide-to-catwoman.34372/ ?

I liked the video, haven't seen some of those combos before. Are they optimal in terms of setup potential as well as damage? After a relatively quick look through of both your video and the combos we posted, it looks like the ones we posted may be more optimal. UTM and I share very similar viewpoints which are outlined in the post I linked you above.

That shouldn't stop you or anyone from using what you've shown here, though :) Good addition to the Catwoman forums.

Rodrigue

Spongerod
I agree, UTM's combos using the environmental bounce are more optimal but they are stance specific and there's a high probability of dropping them.
The EU version lags a LOT, so i keep away as much as i can from using environmental bounces and the double F3 whiff. Maaaan that double F3 whiff took me hours to get it right lol.
UTM's double F3 does 48%, i used the trait for optimal results (51%)
I put UTM's interactable science to work (amazing vid btw) so I use the whip (df1) and 1f2 for hard knock downs whenever i see a chance of linking an interactable for extra damage.
Oh and i recently found a good strategy to keep a close fight which involves 1f2.
So basically whenever the opponent is down, i do the 1f2. The second hit of the cartwheel she does is supposed to be the only one she lands. It nullifies most wakeup attacks and can be followed by a quick j1 for a full combo punish.
Give it a go in practice mode and keep me posted!

Reborn

Noob
I agree, UTM's combos using the environmental bounce are more optimal but they are stance specific and there's a high probability of dropping them.
Just so you know, if you use an early f2 instead of 12 before the bounce, it works regardless of stance (and does more damage too). It is strict, but I can hit it pretty consistently online so it is practical.

Rodrigue

Spongerod
Just so you know, if you use an early f2 instead of 12 before the bounce, it works regardless of stance (and does more damage too). It is strict, but I can hit it pretty consistently online so it is practical.
I'll make sure i try it as soon as i can. Thanks for the tip man

Rodrigue

Spongerod
Thanks for this, i have so much trouble with the double f3 whiff so these look a lot more doable for me
You're welcome bro, you need to practice the double f3 whiff. it might take a while but you'll get it eventually. however, never try it online because it would be suicidal lol

Rodrigue

Spongerod
Here are the inputs:
1-ji2 f112 bf1 b3 f3 1f2 (37%)
2-ji2 f112 bf1 b3 f3 33 df1 (38%)
3-ji2 f112 bf1 b3 ji3 112~df1 (37%)
4-ji2 f112 bf1 b3 f3 33+ Full trait (43%)
5-ji2 f112 bf2 b3 f3 1f2 (35%)
6-ji2 f112 bf2 b3 f3 33 df1 (37%)
7-ji2 f112 bf2 b3 f3 33+ Full trait (41%)
8-ji2 33 bf1 b3 f3 112~df1 (40%)
9-ji2 33 bf1 b3 f3 1f2 (39%)
10-ji2 33 bf1 b3 f3 33+ Full trait (45%)
11-ji2 33 bf2 b3 f3 33 df1 (39%)
12-ji2 33 bf2 b3 ji3 112~df1 (38%)
13-ji2 33 bf2 b3 f3 33+ Full trait (45%)
14-ji2 f2d31 b3 f3 33 df1 (40%)
15-ji2 f2d31 b3 f3 1f2 (39%)
16-ji2 f2d31 b3f3 33+ Full trait (46%)
17-ji2 b12d3 bf1 b3 f3 112~df1 (41%)
18-ji2 b12d3 bf1 b3 f3 33 df1 (41%)
19-ji2 b12d3 bf1 b3 f3 33 1f2 (40%)
20-ji2 b12d3 bf1 b3 f3 33+ Full trait (46%)
21-ji2 b12d3 bf2 b3 f3 112~df1 (39%)
22-ji2 b12d3 bf2 b3 f3 33 df1 (40%)
23-ji2 b12d3 bf2 b3 f3 33+ Full trait (45%)
24-ji2 33b2 b3 f3 112~df1 (40%)
25-ji2 33b2 b3 f3 1f2 (39%)
26-ji2 33b2 b3 f3 33+ Full trait (46%)
27-ji2 b2 b3 f3 33 df1 (40%)
28-ji2 b2 b3 f3 33+ Full trait (48%)
29-ji2 f112 bf1 b3 f3 33 bf2(MB)+ Full trait (45%)
30-ji2 33 bf1 b3 f3 33 bf2(MB)+ Full trait (47%)
31-ji2 33b2 b3 f3 33 bf2(MB) f3 (46%)
32-ji2 33b2 b3 f3 33 bf2(MB)+ Full trait (49%)
33-ji2 b12d3 bf1 b3 f3 33 bf2(MB) f3 (45%)
34-ji2 b12d3 bf1 b3 f3 33 bf2(MB)+ Full trait (48%)
35-ji2 f2d31 b3 f3 33 bf2(MB)+ Full trait (48%)
36-ji2 b2 b3 f3 33 bf2(MB)+ Full trait (50%)
37- ji2 b12d3 bf1 b3 f3 f3 112~bf2(MB)+ Full trait (51%)
38-ji3 112~bf2(MB) b3 f3 3+ Full trait (51%)
39-ji2 33 bf1(MB) b3 f3 33 bf2(MB)+ Full trait (49%)
40-ji2 b12d3 bf1(MB) b3 f3 33 bf2(MB)+ Full trait (50%)
41-ji2 b2 b3 f3 33+ Super (53%)
Legend: PS3/Xbox
1-Square/X
2-Triangle/Y
3-X/A
4-Circle/B

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
I'm going to make my Catwoman strategy Technique combo Guide and post here to help beginners, advance, expert and tournament players. It's going to be real goood.

Rodrigue

Spongerod
Helios I already did,long time ago.I love your catwoman even though i already clawed her eyes out a couple of times before on XBL lol! and sure i will subscribe! Keep up the good work buddy and keep practicing :)

Ra Helios

Helios I already did,long time ago.I love your catwoman even though i already clawed her eyes out a couple of times before on XBL lol! and sure i will subscribe! Keep up the good work buddy and keep practicing :)
Alot of people do when I have a terrible connection. Most of the time I have to jump be ause of the lag. Or try to block.

Ra Helios

Well a lot people put out how to use catwoman tutorial before all her move was discovered. this is jow the right time to do it. I assure you mines will be better then all of the them.

Rodrigue

Spongerod
Well a lot people put out how to use catwoman tutorial before all her move was discovered. this is jow the right time to do it. I assure you mines will be better then all of the them.
I'm just breaking down her moves and basic combos. You're gonna have to fight me to know the strategy I use. Not that I stick to just one lol but anyway, you won't be goin up against me unless you have a ps3 and buy the EU version of the game lol
It's also really important to think of ways to get out of sticky situations. Try focusing on that too and good luck :)

Ra Helios

I'm just breaking down her moves and basic combos. You're gonna have to fight me to know the strategy I use. Not that I stick to just one lol but anyway, you won't be goin up against me unless you have a ps3 and buy the EU version of the game lol
It's also really important to think of ways to get out of sticky situations. Try focusing on that too and good luck :)
How did up fight me on xbox when you have a ps3? Also I don't have 1 strategy I have unlimited when it comes to any situation. But I don't use it online because of the bad connection over my mom house. My father have way better connection. Plus when I see catwoman player they don t execute alot of move so it time for a tutorial. And these move come from basic to tournament play :)

Rodrigue

Spongerod
I was staying at my cousin's and I used his account. The good thing about the xbox is that the game is not region locked. I had a hard time using the d-pad though lol it's way further than the ps3's

Ra Helios

Plus of this was a tutorial then I already made one when injustice ca
I was staying at my cousin's and I used his account. The good thing about the xbox is that the game is not region locked. I had a hard time using the d-pad though lol it's way further than the ps3's
I see I see.

Ra Helios

I'm curios what character u use against me.

Ra Helios

I don't
I played you a couple of times before leaving i used cw. You used the ame comi skin i think
R u sure it was me. I never lost to another catwoman player never. All the time I played. R u sure it was me?

Rodrigue

Spongerod
Yup, pretty sure. I used GL the second time. I'm abroad now and been away from the injustice scene for a while so that was about a month or so.I'm sure you've improved since then...I'll be posting the classic battle on very hard with CW soon, maybe this will help you remember my style :)

Ra Helios

Yup, pretty sure. I used GL the second time. I'm abroad now and been away from the injustice scene for a while so that was about a month or so.I'm sure you've improved since then...I'll be posting the classic battle on very hard with CW soon, maybe this will help you remember my style :)
I agree. I have been beaten by green lantern. Oooo I remember but that match was laggy as hell. It was rank right? I will be posting that to. Beating classic mode on very hard. That was one of my plans. R u sure it was a month ago. It was like last week. That was the first time I lost to a catwoman because of te horrible lag