What's new

GOL | BBW Messiah Wins MKXL at SLAM 2016!

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
On April 16, 2016, a brand new FGC event was held in Baton Rouge Louisiana known as South Louisiana Major, or SLAM. A $200 dollar pot bonus for MKX enough players to garner a full 32 man bracket, filled with good players from both Louisiana and Austin. In the end, it would end being myself and the hometown hero GOL | BBW Messiah, otherwise known as Rashaan in GF. This set was a runback from Winner's Finals where I admittedly got mopped up, but with a few adjustments I managed to stage a bit of a comeback and make the final score much closer. Link to the archives are below, check them out and help support the newest tournament series to the scene!

Results:
1st: GOL | BBW Messiah (Boneshaper Shinnok, Mystic Ermac)
2nd: ATP (Tarkatan/Acidic Alien, War God Kotal)
3rd: RNG | Grolarbears (Ronin Takeda, Pretty Lady/Butcher Leatherface)
4th: GOL | Eklectic (Grandmaster/Cryomancer Sub Zero)
5th: #DaKlan | Siracha (Mournful/Royal Storm/Assassin Kitana, Kobu Jutsu Tanya)
5th: EMPR | Gametime (Cutthroat Kano)
7th: #DaKlan | BlackEndGalaxy (Covert Ops Sonya)
7th: #DaKlan | Rondarius (Impostor/Boneshaper Shinnok)

All MKX up until GF: https://www.twitch.tv/level482gaming/v/61028540

MKX GF (GOL | BBW Messiah vs ATP)

https://www.twitch.tv/level482gaming/v/61075045

@Rude because I don't know anyone else's tag lol

Attachments

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
@ATP2014

Is these matches gonna be upload on youtube?
The matches will be in Level482gaming's Twitch archive.

They usually upload them to YouTube at some point, but not always. I'd simply watch the archive.

Props to all the Texas guys that came out. It was awesome and made the tournament that much better.

Props to ATP for putting on a great show in Grand Finals. Hope to see you all again, soon.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Great matches guys :D

Ah, almost forgot, man that broken A-list top2 material surely wrecked top 8 in this tournament, they better nerf him soon or otherwise we'll be seeing all A-List top 16 this EVO.

Somea2V

Thread Referee
Great matches guys :D

Ah, almost forgot, man that broken A-list top2 material surely wrecked top 8 in this tournament, they better nerf him soon or otherwise we'll be seeing all A-List top 16 this EVO.
Top 1 material, don't you mean? :doge:

Israfel

Designer for BxA
The bracket was run on paper the whole way, so no challonge brackets.

If you are wondering what happened to GnarlyGatoAlex, he went 1-2, lost to a Louisiana Tempest called Pygmy Potato and an Austin Shaolin called Vibu.
Thanks, do you know if anybody from OK went? I don't remember hearing about anybody going but I stay away from that facebook group unless I have to for the most part.