What's new

Question - Cassie Cage Going to pick up Cassie, but which variation ?

Hey guys, wanted a new character and have decided on Cassie. I know Hollywood was the best on release, but i think it got nerfed ? Not sure, just looking for the best variation. Cheers

It wasn't nerfed hard. People just bitched about having to find new corner combos.

She gets pretty solid damage off her 50/50's midscreen and they are easiest to setup in Hollywood.

Brawler is about the same as hollywood except you lose a couple strings and your enders will change. (You won't end everything in nut punch)

Spec Ops is the setup heavy variation with the missiles. You can get people in "Hard-to-blockable" situations with her missile setups.

I'm not the most experienced player but that's most of what you need to know to make a decision i think.

Spec ops , it can eat up people's armoured wake ups mid screen and can do unblockables and you can kind control the zoning/full screen more

Plus ex missle gives you a chance to get in and go for a low unblockable

Threads like this need to stop. You don't know what variation to play? Play them all and see which one you like the most. No need for a thread because you can't pick a character without someone's opinion on them.
He's just looking for our opinions on what 'we personally think makes a particular variation really strong.

If anything he's become more knowledgeable by creating this.

Threads like this need to stop. You don't know what variation to play? Play them all and see which one you like the most. No need for a thread because you can't pick a character without someone's opinion on them.
Um? Im just getting opinions from experienced Cassie players. Using Scorpion as an example, obviously Ninjutsu is worst variation compared to Hellfire, or even Inferno. Thats not debatable. I was wondering if Cassie had a variation that simply sucked more than the other 2, so i could avoid it. No one asked you to comment on it.

E

Eldriken

Eh, I'd ask as well if I wasn't sure. I'd rather not waste my time on a certain variation and find out it's absolute dog shit. :p

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
Nothing against you @TheArrow, I just see these threads all the time. And for the most part it's just someone being lazy and not wanting to put in the work to see what character variation fits them best. Like there's people who make these threads just for publicity and props fishing

For the record, I never said anything about what variation is best/worst or to learn the best one. I said play them all and play the one that fits your playstyle the most. And you made the thread asking for help. I gave you my advice and you say no one asked me to comment on this. So for future reference, tag the people you want to ask the question to :).

Last edited:

lslick

Stole this pic from Doombawkz :P
Well @TheArrow could have just asked in the general discussion thread on people's opinion on which variation he/she could have picked up. There is nothing wrong with asking that question to be honest.

*I like Brawler and Spec Ops the most

Cassie is a character where you can't go wrong. I've played Hollywood and Spec Ops and playing Brawler now.

Even Brawler, which tends to get the short shrift in these parts is very very strong.

Shifty Capwn

The greatest bad player of all time.
They are all fun and very possible to win with each. But yes Spec for now is the way to go but I still stick with ole brawler, no idea why I guess I like to make things harder than needed :). However the BF3 takedown/brutality is very satisfying.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Nothing against you @TheArrow, I just see these threads all the time. And for the most part it's just someone being lazy and not wanting to put in the work to see what character variation fits them best. Like there's people who make these threads just for publicity and props fishing

For the record, I never said anything about what variation is best/worst or to learn the best one. I said play them all and play the one that fits your playstyle the most. And you made the thread asking for help. I gave you my advice and you say no one asked me to comment on this. So for future reference, tag the people you want to ask the question to :).
Lol at you option selecting TYM messages xD

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Hollywood.

A. Gives you easy 5-/50 setups with nut punch enders so you can go right back into easy 50/50s. And that's what mkx is about.

B. Easy execution and not all that much to learn. Can be above average with it pretty quickly.

C. AA guns and a safe overhead string in F34.

D. Easily the most stylish b/c of the shades. ;)

I would start with brawler first. Get used to her normals and her pressure. Then branch out into spec ops or hollywood.

I think brawler is actually the worst but easiest to start off with since you are not reliant on meter and you are forced back into a semi neutral situation constantly. Allowing you to get used to cassie's excellent pokes and walkspeed.

ricky

Noob
i'm not the best mk player, and i started using brawler at first but for some reason i found it difficult to win matches especially against my mate who is a great player. so he suggested i switch to hollywood variation and tbh - i have played hollywood for about 5 days now and my online stats have greatly improved from brawler, and best part i now actually beat my mate lol. imo go with hollywood, but it all depends on your personal play style.

MrSoloLobo

I have a keen eye for all things broken.
All 3 are good which is super awesome. I personally play Hollywood and Brawler but some consider spec ops to be the best. So don't worry which one you choose, you should be fine.

Raphael Valiant

PSN: slickz_23
I started with brawler and it satisfy me a lot. People say spec ops better but when i use SO. I cant play her well since i got used to rush down style. Any tips or match footage with SO?