GoFundMe for the TYM Upgrade

Discussion in 'TYM News & Feedback' started by HellblazerHawkman, Dec 12, 2018.

By HellblazerHawkman on Dec 12, 2018 at 1:50 PM
  1. HellblazerHawkman

HellblazerHawkman Confused Thanagarian
    News Editor

Hey peeps. So like was mentioned in this original posting from @STORMS, we are working on some updates for TYM moving forward into the shining era which will be known as "the Mortal Kombat 11 years". So with everything officially worked out, we have our full cost for everything planned.

[​IMG]

So to get everything taken care of, the estimate is sitting at $2000. As mentioned in the image above, this is including things you guys mentioned in the feedback thread, like Discord integration to the site, some things to update our look, like a new Events System, and some things to make it easier to browse the site. There's more in the works, but we want to save some of that to surprise everyone when things are finished. And most importantly, this is to help make sure things get done right and TYM doesn't get borked up if something goes wrong.

If you guys can help out at all, swing by the GoFundMe and donate. Even if you can just spread the word, that can helps us get this done. And we want to give a big thanks to everyone who has given anything already. Everyone is excited for Mortal Kombat 11, and we want to make sure TYM gets up-to-date and remains the place to go for NRS fans across the web. Thanks again!

Coming at you with all dat news
News writer for (objectively) the best Netherrealm Studios based website. Feel free to message me if you have a news story you'd like to share
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'TYM News & Feedback' started by HellblazerHawkman, Dec 12, 2018.

1. STORMS
      STORMS
      I just had just woken up from a nap and saw that... I really am speechless.

This support I've gotten is huge, from everyone...

TYM would not be getting this if it didn't affect so many people...
    2. HellblazerHawkman
      HellblazerHawkman
      I don’t know if that donor is reading this thread, but this seriously means a lot for the crew here. Thank you for the support

Sent from my iPhone using Test Your Might
    3. FoughtDragon01
      FoughtDragon01
      [​IMG]

This site is responsible for virtually every positive experience I've had playing Netherrealm games. It's helped me improve as a player, encouraged me to attend local tournaments, and allowed me to make friends that I still play with to this day. As far as I'm concerned, things like that are priceless in the grand scheme of things, and I have TYM to thank for that. Figured that this'd be the perfect way to show that appreciation.

So to @STORMS and the rest of the staff, thanks for keeping this place up and running, and here's hoping that it only gets better in 2019.
    4. Sutter Pain
      Sutter Pain
      That's awesome, hope the guy had the money to spare though don't want his kids going without presents for xmas.
    5. FoughtDragon01
      FoughtDragon01
      Lol, don't worry. No kids to speak of, and I can afford to take the hit.
    6. Sutter Pain
      Sutter Pain
      haha I was about to say maybe he doesn't have kids and that is the reason he has the extra cash, good shit man!
    7. STORMS
      STORMS
      I don't know what to say other than, "Thank You so much..."

This will only fuel us to hold TYM to an even higher level..

I am really just speechless..
    8. Sutter Pain
      Sutter Pain
      Upgrade the mans account for life!
      Espio, x TeeJay o, igotAhalo and 2 others like this.
    9. STORMS
      STORMS
      @FoughtDragon01 is now "Elder God" status. VERY few have this status...
    10. FoughtDragon01
      FoughtDragon01
      Woo-hoo! Seriously, though, I'm just glad to help. Whatever it takes.
    11. Juggs
      Juggs
      You’re a fucking legend man. That’s insanely generous and it’s immensely appreciated.
      Gamer68 and FoughtDragon01 like this.
    12. HellblazerHawkman
      HellblazerHawkman
      Thanks so much friend, this really does have us all optimistic with TYM going forward. Such a positive morale booster

Sent from my iPad using Test Your Might
      Juggs, Gamer68 and FoughtDragon01 like this.
    13. BecomingDeath13
      BecomingDeath13
      Sent you a little something to your PayPal @STORMS
      Don't usually post a ton on here anymore but I always come by when a new game drops to spend time with the community. You deserve so much more than I can spare but I'm happy to help
    14. ImperatrixSindel
      ImperatrixSindel
      I was feeling all generous for subscribing premium and here's @FoughtDragon01 with the real charity. Very cool, man.
      Espio, x TeeJay o, Juggs and 4 others like this.
    15. Gamer68
      Gamer68
      Jesus, $1000 is insane. Props @FoughtDragon01, you have proved that you are indeed the MVP.
    16. igotAhalo
      igotAhalo
      Damn man I was just thinking "What if someone just donated a thousand or two, would help the campaign so much wish I could" lol. Nice, you are a g!
      FoughtDragon01 likes this.
    17. Saboteur-6
      Saboteur-6
      Dropped $300. You guys will hit goal no sweat.
    18. STORMS
      STORMS
      Again... no words. Thank you so much...

I really hope everyone is pleased with our plans for early 2019. I have been updating our developer on donations and the progress. It has been exciting both of us.

Keep in mind, our developer is the SAME guy who helped start TYM almost 10 years ago.

On another note, my editors and I will continue to push TYM to new levels with news coverage.
      Eldriken, Juggs, Gamer68 and 4 others like this.
    19. Braindead
      Braindead
      Almost $1.5k total now. @STORMS a bunch of us signed up for the royal contributor upgrade and a few donated through PayPal like you said. Can you sum it up and tell us how close we are to the target?
      Eldriken, Juggs, Gamer68 and 4 others like this.
    20. LaidbackOne
      LaidbackOne
      Kinda speechless but dude, you're awesome.
    21. ismael4790
      ismael4790
      Respect, bro.
    22. STORMS
      STORMS
      I'll add it up hopefully tonight after work. We are definitely close.

Keep in mind, the $2K doesn't include the cost of the "upgrades", only the developer fees for ensuring this whole process (it's being called a "rebuild" rather than an upgrade) goes 100%.
      karaokelove likes this.
    23. Saboteur-6
      Saboteur-6
      So what's the status on this now?
      BecomingDeath13 likes this.
    24. TurboTaco
      TurboTaco
      Donated there, hope you guys meet the goal. I never would have gotten into fighting games properly without this site. I hope to see it go back to the glory days of MK9 :)
    25. STORMS
      STORMS
      If you donated and didn't just receive an update PM from me, please tag me and let me know. I'm giving those who donated exclusive updates on the upgrade plans.
      karaokelove likes this.