What's new

GoFundMe for the TYM Upgrade

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
News Editor
Hey peeps. So like was mentioned in this original posting from @STORMS, we are working on some updates for TYM moving forward into the shining era which will be known as "the Mortal Kombat 11 years". So with everything officially worked out, we have our full cost for everything planned.

*edited* 03/31/2019 by STORMS

So to get everything taken care of, the estimate is sitting at $2000. As mentioned in the image above, this is including things you guys mentioned in the feedback thread, like Discord integration to the site, some things to update our look, like a new Events System, and some things to make it easier to browse the site. There's more in the works, but we want to save some of that to surprise everyone when things are finished. And most importantly, this is to help make sure things get done right and TYM doesn't get borked up if something goes wrong.

If you guys can help out at all, swing by the GoFundMe and donate. Even if you can just spread the word, that can helps us get this done. And we want to give a big thanks to everyone who has given anything already. Everyone is excited for Mortal Kombat 11, and we want to make sure TYM gets up-to-date and remains the place to go for NRS fans across the web. Thanks again!

Last edited by a moderator:

Gamer68

#NotScarecrow
I swear I would donate but I have literally no money at all. :(

Maybe if TYM gets a Twitch stream and allows donations, I could farm bits on channels then donate them there. It wouldn't be much, but hey you would get a couple dollars from me here and there maybe.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
News Editor
I swear I would donate but I have literally no money at all. :(

Maybe if TYM gets a Twitch stream and allows donations, I could farm bits on channels then donate them there. It wouldn't be much, but hey you would get a couple dollars from me here and there maybe.
It's all good dude! We know times are tough, especially with Christmas around the corner. We don't want anybody to feel bad if they can't donate, just being around and active on the site is great as it shows there's enough of an interest for us to get these upgrades done.

I'll resub to premium and put in a donation. Just for you @HellblazerHawkman . I look forward to seeing TYM returned to glory
If we hit this goal, I'll redownload MKX so y'all can body me

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
Y’all should set up a Cash App too. I’d feel better about spending a dollar daily than $5 at once lol. Never donated to a Go Fund me, but I personally don’t like that it gotta be at least $5 ‍♂

iamShorteh

GF | iamShorteh "Vengeance will be mine!"
Royal Contributor
Do the donations through the contributors platform on the site also go towards this project to enhance TYM (I'd hope they do) or are those two separate things?

jcbowie

...more deadly than the dawn.
Bout to donate when I get home, but have you considered posting about this other places? I dunno if posting on r/injustice or r/mortalkombat is cool, but you could pop some info there and maybe bring in donations as well as reminding everyone over there that this site exists?

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Royal Contributor
Do the donations through the contributors platform on the site also go towards this project to enhance TYM (I'd hope they do) or are those two separate things?
What's that orange color on your user name?

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
News Editor
Bout to donate when I get home, but have you considered posting about this other places? I dunno if posting on r/injustice or r/mortalkombat is cool, but you could pop some info there and maybe bring in donations as well as reminding everyone over there that this site exists?
I don't know if we have an official account over there, but it's up on our FB and Twitter (two biggest resources for us). Hoping we can just recycle this in between the other stuff we post