What's new

GL whiffing issues

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
so ive been saying for a while that ill make a video showing some issues and here it is. there was more to say but im hungover and i barely play this character now so theres a good chance i forgot or missed something.
Sorry for the shitty audio

basically its showing lanterns might whiffing and inconsistency issues that should be fixed, the move is nothing but a combo extender in its current state when it was used for whiff punishing and anti airing in the first game and looks like thats what it was designed for. also other general combo whiffing that makes no sense to me and mixed with online lag and especially wi fi it makes things a lot harder than they should be. then bowled over just is a shit move, its ok from long distance and against characters with no projectiles its solid but the recovery is ridiculous and its extremely unsafe, its supposed to be a "combo starter" but its useless as one so it needs to be fixed or removed.

point being if these two moves worked properly or sensibly he would be better and how he hopefully was supposed to be all along. ill make a separate video about why he sucks

@colt this is how these moves are inteded to work eh?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I hope that one day Lantern mains understand 3 things:
1) Moves actually have hitboxes
2) The hitbox on Lantern's might was adjusted, intentionally. This is not an accident.
3) You have a d2. It's a pretty good d2 and it AA's into combo just like every other d2.

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
Fred plz! How you not gonna talk about our one good plus on block string, B23, whiffing even tho its a mid? :(

Also I completely forgot he had a MB version of Boulder lol shows how useful it is.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
"You can neutral jump it if you time it right"

*Gets hit 10 times in a row"
make a wisecrack about the 10 times in a row I forward jumped it. I didn't even know it could be neutral jumped I found that out in the video.
2) The hitbox on Lantern's might was adjusted, intentionally. This is not an accident.
3) You have a d2. It's a pretty good d2 and it AA's into combo just like every other d2.
no shit you cuck I know the move has a hitbox im saying the hitbox doesn't make sense and the range is inconsistent, and go ahead and explain bowled over's design making sense while youre at it.

You know the majority of the GL community as far as I2 goes is very happy with him right. As I've said before don't feed the animals. ;)

JDM

Noob
In all honesty it needs to be fixed. If you trip guard with b13 while they are still in the air most of the time your LM misses. It's ridiculous. Or better yet if your b13 auto corrects LM usually completely whiffs the other way or just misses due to not having a close high hitbox. The move would suck for anti airing still but it would at least make its function consistent. The ONLY way to make it consistent in these situations is to trait after B13. But you don't always have access to trait.

Burning trait in neutral essentially makes it so you *might* not be able to combo off of your next B13. Pretty stupid.

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
In all honesty it needs to be fixed. If you trip guard with b13 while they are still in the air most of the time your LM misses. It's ridiculous. Or better yet if your b13 auto corrects LM usually completely whiffs the other way or just misses due to not having a close high hitbox. The move would suck for anti airing still but it would at least make its function consistent. The ONLY way to make it consistent in these situations is to trait after B13. But you don't always have access to trait.

Burning trait in neutral essentially makes it so you *might* not be able to combo off of your next B13. Pretty stupid.
Just don't commit to lift, hit confirm from it

Mr. Freeze

Green Lantern and Grodd Main
I agree with all of your points. I also noticed that when you do battery blast in trait you can land LM at almost sweep range. It needs to be consistent. I wish he had some type of pressure. 223 MB battery blast as a plus string would be my suggestion. I also like replacing boulder with mini-gun. It's the same input.

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
What do u mean exactly? I have to commit to lift after b13 unless I do a bound cancel. Or maybe I should switch to MB battery blast for certain awkward hit confirms.
Just trip guard with b13 pause then confirm with either 223 or lift

Bes110

Noob
I agree with the lanterns might whiffing issue. It seems as if the move should catch people in the air by the way the animation is.