What's new

GL buffs wishlist

riddlesinthedark

Best nothing in nowhere
Personally don't think he needs much, I'd like to see less startup on his projectiles, have mb bowling ball be more plus on hit, and maybe have mb wall be plus or his 2231 be plus 2 instead of 1. How bout you guys?

Honestly his b1 is such a good footsie tool, one of the best in the game. I don’t want his tool chest buffed at all. That may be unpopular, but I would consider it fair for his bnb starter with b1 to get a slight damage buff. (Scaling reduced)

riddlesinthedark

Best nothing in nowhere
Honestly his b1 is such a good footsie tool, one of the best in the game. I don’t want his tool chest buffed at all. That may be unpopular, but I would consider it fair for his bnb starter with b1 to get a slight damage buff. (Scaling reduced)
I can kinda see that, i'd really like them to at least make 2231 plus 2 or his d1 6 frames so it's a frame trap against the entire cast.

He’s not that kind of character though. He’s a mixup heavy set up character that can get really high damage on knockdown off ambiguous cross up. If he had a little more damage he’d be a real threat. Perhaps I’m wrong but if you start giving GL frame traps and zoning on firestorms level, he’s going to get just as annoying as super girl. I’m terrified of overbuffing characters now after that nonsense.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
How about a real back dash? That's my least favorite part of this character.

I'd like to have a better vertical hitbox on wall, overcharged lantern to still exist after a certain amount of startup frames, b2 to have a reason to exist and air tiny lantern blast (I forget the name) to have a smaller hurtbox for gl.

He's super fun to be but there's too many holes in his "space control" and too few setups for him to feel like he has a real game plan to me.

gitblame

Noob
He’s not that kind of character though. He’s a mixup heavy set up character that can get really high damage on knockdown off ambiguous cross up.
Interesting that like 3-4 weeks after launch almost every good Green Lantern player stopped doing those knockdown setups and started going for full combo from B13. Delayed wakeups denied this gameplay for Green Lantern. Now Green Lantern for sacrificing damage has to guess and as much as knocked down opponent.

I don't really know what to wish for. I have some preferences like safe meterless wall - at leas while GL has active trait. But those are really based on how I use this character and what especially would help me.

I think small damage buff for B13 combos is a must. Other heavy neutral characters have better damage from their similar tools. Also I would not mind doing something with his backdash. Being unable to escape Catwoman's 33 gap is so sad. Also making DB1 reliable anti air would give this character something that he could excel at.

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
He just feels so meter intensive despite having very limited means of building meter. That's probably the biggest issue for me.

Interesting that like 3-4 weeks after launch almost every good Green Lantern player stopped doing those knockdown setups and started going for full combo from B13. Delayed wakeups denied this gameplay for Green Lantern. Now Green Lantern for sacrificing damage has to guess and as much as knocked down opponent.

I don't really know what to wish for. I have some preferences like safe meterless wall - at leas while GL has active trait. But those are really based on how I use this character and what especially would help me.

I think small damage buff for B13 combos is a must. Other heavy neutral characters have better damage from their similar tools. Also I would not mind doing something with his backdash. Being unable to escape Catwoman's 33 gap is so sad. Also making DB1 reliable anti air would give this character something that he could excel at.
I always thought his b13 damage was jarringly low. And the back dash I'll give you. But I don't want ta full invincible wall on wakeup. He's hard enough to pressure on knockdown.

Mr. Freeze

Green Lantern and Grodd Main
GL practical wishlist:

2231 +2 or +3 (because right now he really doesn't have any type of pressure that people have to respect)

Consistent range on Lantern's might (Lanterns might range increases when you confirm into MB battery blast but regular lanterns might cant anti air a jump in. It makes no sense)

Overall Damage increase

Better backdash (he has the worst backdash in the game)

6f down 1 (Guaranteed check after 2231 if its +2)

Wishlist that wont happen:
remove gap from B13 & B12 lol

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
Pretty happy with GL changes.

Wish we better knew what kind of reduced damage scaling we were working with. But, he didn’t need a whole lot.

Not sure about the OCL change....

To me, I was fine just relying on hit conforming b13 into full combo, or stopping at b13 on block. I never really cancelled into OCL on a blocked b13 like I’ve seen others do, and people very rarely punished b13xxOCL anyway.

I’m not sure about mb OCL being plus on block. I guess it could definitely be useful, depending on push back, I guess it gives you a potential mixup/pressure option. Wish I knew the exact frame data and push back. Like, can you get a f3 after (still in range)? Could be nuts if you can mix f3 and b1, but I doubt it.

And, GL is already so meter hungry for damage and basically everything, so it’s one more thing to spend bar on.

Overall I’m happy GL got some love. Love the damage bump, and I just don’t have enough of a grip on the OCL change to say how good it is or isn’t.

Curious to see what people think of the OCL change.

I still would’ve preferred the slight damage buff and 2231 being +2 or for Christmas +3.

DTruth

Noob
Since people never looked at frame data OCL was always safe for me lol. I really like having a plus ender to keep the pressure up. Now I need this damage buff to significant.

I think this OCL has the added benefit of really helping him in zoning matches. He has a few more frames to get a move out or duck etc if the opponent is stuck in block stun.

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
Is GL kind of good now? He still has gaps in his B1 strings and Exploding Lantern MB is plus but I am pretty sure it has a gap when cancelled out of any string.

Unless something like B1 4 DB2 MB is a true block string (Is DB2 even the input for exploding lantern?). I guess it works as a good zoning/counter zoning tool but it's not like Starfire where she gets plus projectiles (although long startup times) without meter.

I just really think he needed those gaps fixed...

gitblame

Noob
223 and 22 into DB2B MB has a gap. But you can't really poke through that gap because it will trade and GL can combo off that trade. You can backdash and armor through it on reaction. Backdashing is hard. There must be very strict timing, because yesterday when I was labbing it I was getting caught on almost every backdash attempt. Armouring through that gap is the best option, but your reaction must be really on point I guess. I will definetly gonna try mixing my options and pull off DB2B MB for plus frames during 2231 string. We'll see how it will work.

DB2B after B13 has a gap, but backdashing is the only option here

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
223 and 22 into DB2B MB has a gap. But you can't really poke through that gap because it will trade and GL can combo off that trade. You can backdash and armor through it on reaction. Backdashing is hard. There must be very strict timing, because yesterday when I was labbing it I was getting caught on almost every backdash attempt. Armouring through that gap is the best option, but your reaction must be really on point I guess. I will definetly gonna try mixing my options and pull off DB2B MB for plus frames during 2231 string. We'll see how it will work.

DB2B after B13 has a gap, but backdashing is the only option here
I suppose if you keep your plus frames limited then it's alright, or if you stagger where you put the DB2.

gitblame

Noob
Personally I am more happy about regular DB2 being safe thant ex version being plus. Now I can do B13 DB2B on block anytime to build some meter and deal some healthy chip. I know before almost nobody punished it, but some people did and I found myself having very bad habbit mindlessly doing it every time on block. Now I can be mindless as much I want :)

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
can gl now do f2d1db2mb and then slect the distance for the hit confirm? close version plus frames on block and middle version combo on hit? gonna lab that in a few