What's new

Git Gud w/ Red Hood - The Official Red Hood Combo Thread

Updated my message, you might want to see
I see what you mean. Having to re-work an entire combo list (Aquaman as an example) after a patch sucks. But we've never even had a an actual BnB thread to begin with. So I think, as of now, making one wouldn't be that bad of an idea. I also don't think they're gonna neuter RH in the next patch. Despite what some people say, he's fine for right now. Maybe a nerf here and buff there. But ultimately I think RH will stay generally the same throughout INJ2. So worrying about his BnBs changing should be a non issue.

I'll put together everything that I have on Friday and try to organize it so it looks clean e.g. in alphabetical order, ordered from midscreen to corner, amount of meter needed, ect. I'll post everything here first and then check the discord for anything I might need to add.

Last edited:

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
I see what you mean. Having to re-work an entire combo list (Aquaman as an example) after a patch sucks. But we've never even had a an actual BnB thread to begin with. So I think, as of now, making one wouldn't be that bad of an idea. I also don't think they're gonna neuter RH in the next patch. Despite what some people say, he's fine for right now. Maybe a nerf here and buff there. But ultimately I think RH will stay generally the same throughout INJ2. So worrying about his BnBs changing should be a non issue.

I'll put together everything that I have on Friday and try to organize it so it looks clean e.g. in alphabetical order, ordered from midscreen to corner, amount of meter needed, ect. I'll post everything here first and then check the discord for anything I might need to add.
Post on discord a rough draft before posting here. I was gonna make an optimal thread anyway.

Yes please I wanna see what I'm doing for bnbs are the highest damage I can get off of him , anyone mind linking to the red hood discord as well he is my second main so I'm trying soak up as much as I can and also contribute what little I learned lol as well

@Crusty

I tried stream lining some of what you posted in the BnB thread. My goal was simplicity. Let me know what you think.

Annotations Key

Attacks / Buttons
PS4 / Xbox
/ X = 1 | Light Attack
/ Y = 2 | Medium Attack
X / A = 3 | Heavy Attack
O / B = 4 | Character Power / Trait

Directions / Movement
Up = U
Down = D
Back = B
Forward = F
Standing = S
Back Dash = BD
Forward Dash = FD
Neutral Jump = NJ
Jump-In / Forward = JI

String Inputs / Actions / Miscellaneous
+ = Press the two buttons simultaneously. ( Example: 4332 U+2 )

= The next part of the combo. But not part of the same string. ( Example: B3, J3, 323. )

~
= Cancel into. ( Example: 32~BF1 )

(B) (F) (U) = Press and briefly hold direction. ( Example: 32~BF1(B) )

= Press Meter Burn button. ( Example: 32~BF1* )

G
= Grab ( Example: 4332 G )

BC = Bounce Cancel. FF* / BB* or DF* / DB* ( Example: 32~DF* )

WB = Use Wall Bounce intractable when available ( Example: 32~WB )

32 | 10F MID | -7 on Block
[BnB] 32~BF1(B)*, B3, JI3, 32~4332 G // 12 Hits = 375.80 | 36%
[BnB] 32~BF1(B)*, B3, JI3, 32~4332 D+2 or U+2 // 11 Hits = 359.92 | 34%
[BnB] 32~BF1(B)*, B3, JI3, 32~DF3 // 8 Hits 342.10 | 33%

I was thinking of highlighting the highest damaging combo/setup for a particular string in green just to possibly make life easier for people who just want to know what's his most damaging combo/setup is. Again let me know what your opinions are on some of the changes

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
@Crusty

I tried stream lining some of what you posted in the BnB thread. My goal was simplicity. Let me know what you think.

Annotations Key

Attacks / Buttons
PS4 / Xbox
/ X = 1 | Light Attack
/ Y = 2 | Medium Attack
X / A = 3 | Heavy Attack

Directions / Movement
Up = U
Down = D
Back = B
Forward = F
Standing = S
Back Dash = BD
Forward Dash = FD
Neutral Jump = NJ
Jump-In / Forward = JI

= The next part of the combo. But not part of the same string. ( Example: B3, J3, 323. )

~

G

I was thinking of highlighting the highest damaging combo/setup for a particular string in green just to possibly make life easier for people who just want to know what's his most damaging combo/setup is. Again let me know what your opinions are on some of the changes
Looks good to me. I'll add it to my thread.

Admittedly I don't care about hits.

Last edited:
@Crusty

Annotations Key

Attacks / Buttons
PS4 / Xbox
/ X = 1 | Light Attack
/ Y = 2 | Medium Attack
X / A = 3 | Heavy Attack

Directions / Movement
Up = U
Down = D
Back = B
Forward = F
Standing = S
Back Dash = BD
Forward Dash = FD
Neutral Jump = NJ
Jump-In / Forward = JI

~

G

Thats a great change!

And where is this list btw?

I like the video but I like to add, 323 is a hard knockdown if done on airborne opponents. 112 is good against certain wakeups but useless against others.
Do you know which wakeups it doesn't work on? And the reason I use 112 is because I like them close for setups. In order to keep them close with 323 you have to stop on 32 and that isn't a hard knockdown. 323 pushes the opponent too far to really do much with aside from air gunshots.

Crathen

Death is my business
dunno if it's known but best damage / 323 setup i've found is :

b2/f23/11/22/32 xxMB mine slight walk forward b3 mid mine f2 (mine explodes ) j3 323 , kind of height dependent but doable