What's new

Ghost of Tsushima Legends Thread- Matchmaking, Builds Etc.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
Hello fellow Ghosts! This mode has been out for a couple months so a lot of people have leveled up, but there's also a lot of new players coming in and exploring the meta lately which is great.

Sucker Punch has continued releasing skins and updates to Raid, Survival and story mode, all of which has been free and is as extensive as a standalone game and enough replay value to easily meet and exceed the variety of single player story mode.

I've been a regular mainstay on the game and it is still super fun to me, I've changed up my looks and builds a whole lot over time.

Nightmare Survival and Raid are so much better with friends and people who know what to do, it really rewards great team work.

I'm gonna share some of my looks and loadouts and I encourage others to do the same!

ALSO BE MINDFUL OF POTENTIAL SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
I haven't played the multiplayer in a few months but I really enjoyed it. Never ran the Raid because it launched with no matchmaking. I thought Sucker Punch wasn't going to support the multiplayer much past the release of the Raid. Sounds like I need to pop back in.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
I haven't played the multiplayer in a few months but I really enjoyed it. Never ran the Raid because it launched with no matchmaking. I thought Sucker Punch wasn't going to support the multiplayer much past the release of the Raid. Sounds like I need to pop back in.
Yes!! Raid now has matchmaking and you can que in with your team and talk before the session begins so let's say you're doing Nightmare survival or Raid or any of the others you can come together and devise a plan instead of simply just coming into a session and you have a roster that isn't complimentary to each other. I usually play with a group of friends from the community, but for the times I don't it's nice to have an option to be like...."okay so you've got Ronin....we need a Samurai and then I'll play Hunter so we have a good team synergy. I also like all the creative freedom that exists for the characters.

People act like you need two Ronins for Nightmare survival, but if you have a good team that watches each other's backs I don't think that is true. I've won Nightmares with zero Ronins on the team too.

Raid story boss fight for three is great, the other two Raids are challenging in their own ways too. Sucker Punch has been listening to fan feedback and while they don't usually announce when they are updating the game, it has continued and their recent update added Shadow of the Colossus, God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, and Blooborne skins to each class respectively.

Nice. I've only played few solo missions in legends and want to try the actual multiplayer.

Ghost is one of the best games ever made. No joke
It is certainly a fantastic game. The amount of content in multiplayer that is 100% free feels like a huge expansion that you'd pay money for and I have easily put in probably closer to 55 hours or more just on multiplayer since October.

The game is fun and I also like it because it has been pretty devoid of toxicity like some of the other multiplayer titles out there. This is why I like that it is a PVE and promotes player unity and cooperation more so.

And they also did the grind right to me. I have been playing since October and finally got all the legendary gear items this month so I have everything, but it wasn't an absurdly long wait.

Additionally, I keep changing my loadouts up and it's just really refreshing.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Hey @Espio, I have to admin that only curiosity got me to this thread and game itself. I have to say I am very impressed. I have not played anything beside MK in years. The last game of this type, that I enjoyed was The Elder Scrolls - Oblivion. I think I will download a copy of that game. I love the combat style, and the multiplayer seems really juicy.

How long have you been playing the game? Is there a huge fan base?

All the best in 2021!

Just popping in to say Stone Striker is the most op weapon in the game and you should use it with a high Melee Damage, Oni Damage, and Staggered Damage build. On a Ronin.

(if you get one, of course)

Hey @Espio, I have to admin that only curiosity got me to this thread and game itself. I have to say I am very impressed. I have not played anything beside MK in years. The last game of this type, that I enjoyed was The Elder Scrolls - Oblivion. I think I will download a copy of that game. I love the combat style, and the multiplayer seems really juicy.

All the best in 2021!
You ll definitely love the combat as a fg player. Rich moveset, parries, choreography.
This game did many things right in terms of open world and gameplay.

Saltea Moonspell

You ll definitely love the combat as a fg player. Rich moveset, parries, choreography.
This game did many things right in terms of open world and gameplay.

I am thinking about the digital deluxe Edition...the addons tempt me. I have to say, I really bought the game from the moment I saw the combat system, and the visualizations. I wonder does this game will support transition to PS5, because it would've been a shame to let it go, or not to take the advantage off of it,

Hemlock

Noob
I love this game! Currently playing through the story and have only done a handful of Legends mode with a friend. Very deep gameplay.

Onryoki

We all die alone. So love yourself before you go.
I haven’t played the game ever since I hit platinum trophy back in August. The game is so incredibly beautiful that I mostly look at the landscapes instead of playing the actual game. This one of my favourite games ever.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
I love this game! Currently playing through the story and have only done a handful of Legends mode with a friend. Very deep gameplay.
If you ever want someone to play with just hit me up on PSN!

I am thinking about the digital deluxe Edition...the addons tempt me. I have to say, I really bought the game from the moment I saw the combat system, and the visualizations. I wonder does this game will support transition to PS5, because it would've been a shame to let it go, or not to take the advantage off of it,
I am so sorry I missed your @ dude :(.

Hey @Espio, I have to admin that only curiosity got me to this thread and game itself. I have to say I am very impressed. I have not played anything beside MK in years. The last game of this type, that I enjoyed was The Elder Scrolls - Oblivion. I think I will download a copy of that game. I love the combat style, and the multiplayer seems really juicy.e

All the best in 2021!

A million apologies, I assume I am too late to provide any useful feedback but will do so anyway.

I've been playing since July 2020. Multiplayer is great, there's a new game plus component as well so tons of replay value.

I took a bit of a break this and last week cause I have court trials to prepare for at my job and Persona. How do you like it? The fan base seems solid for multiplayer still, but I definitely think they should add at least two more maps and the Monk for a fifth class and some other quality of life updates.

The game is fantastic, but I know if they offered a paid DLC option people would buy it, I know I would cause it's a great game for team oriented mechanics and the toxicity for this game is low because cooperation is crucial.

I think my only critique of multiplayer is that I would love a mode between Nightmare and Gold without all the fire arrows and not those weekly modifiers would be awesome.

SparkySanders

Unga bunga dude
Ayee im nearly using the same build for assassin you got going on @Espio
except I’m using the assassin charm with ghost weapon damage and stealth damage + chain vanish.

Its super useful doubling up on ghost weapon damage with the kunai too, makes it almost feel like you get the ronin perk on an assassin.

Saltea Moonspell

If you ever want someone to play with just hit me up on PSN!

I am so sorry I missed your @ dude :(.

A million apologies, I assume I am too late to provide any useful feedback but will do so anyway.

I've been playing since July 2020. Multiplayer is great, there's a new game plus component as well so tons of replay value.

I took a bit of a break this and last week cause I have court trials to prepare for at my job and Persona. How do you like it? The fan base seems solid for multiplayer still, but I definitely think they should add at least two more maps and the Monk for a fifth class and some other quality of life updates.

The game is fantastic, but I know if they offered a paid DLC option people would buy it, I know I would cause it's a great game for team oriented mechanics and the toxicity for this game is low because cooperation is crucial.

I think my only critique of multiplayer is that I would love a mode between Nightmare and Gold without all the fire arrows and not those weekly modifiers would be awesome.
Do not be concerned my friend. Unfortunately, I did not get the game... yet. I've started to play since this conversation ESO on PC, and I've been enjoying. Though I do plan to get this game anyway, since I am no longer playing MK on regular basis, as I use too. Once I get the game, I'll report back. Thanks for the feedback though, really appreciate it.

Do not be concerned my friend. Unfortunately, I did not get the game... yet. I've started to play since this conversation ESO on PC, and I've been enjoying. Though I do plan to get this game anyway, since I am no longer playing MK on regular basis, as I use too. Once I get the game, I'll report back. Thanks for the feedback though, really appreciate it.
Wow! It's been years since I've visited TYM (I'm sorry). And I'm positively surprised to see @Saltea Moonspell react to the first topic I visit! How are you doing man? I haven't gotten into MK, like I did in MK9, but this game did. The main game is great. Looks beautiful and the combat is really fun. It is a bit repetitive, but it does not really matter because the gameplay is so satisfying.

Legends is a great bonus. It is really fun to play the missions and survival mode with other people. You really have to play together to get through the missions.

If someone is interested in playing together you can add me on PSN: AardappelAnders