What's new

Getting Punished for Ending Combos in Power Fist

Kekoa

Noob
Ending combos low to the ground with Power Fist can be punished with tech roll+wakeup from certain characters.

EDIT: It seems like any wakeup 14 frames or less will punish. No need to fix this, just be aware that if you go for max damage you can get punished for it if you don't spend the bar to make it safer. With the highest gravity combos, mb power fist is still punishable by tech roll + 9 frame wakeup or less.

Last edited:

Wetdoba

All too easy...
This is how combo gravity works in nrs games, dont expect them to change that (or buff the recovery of his damage ender) any time soon just because you dont want to adjust your combo knowing that there is high gravity. If you want the most consistant knockdown then just end in techno tackle since it is a grab animation and hkd.

Alternatively you could use the stacking of gravity to your advantage for "quick rise" set ups. For instance, you can find a combo that still stacks the gravity to make them fall quicker after powerfist ender and then delayed mb the powerfist on hit to make the second hit come out as a meaty overhead reset that is plus on block. If you think they will wake up then you will be safe and can baot and punish the wake up.

Cyborg has some of the best safe set ups for baiting wake ups in the game. Stop asking nrs for buffs (there is nothing to "fix" here) just because you dont want to adapt the way you end your 80% reset in this one scenario against certain characters.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
This is how combo gravity works in nrs games, dont expect them to change that (or buff the recovery of his damage ender) any time soon just because you dont want to adjust your combo knowing that there is high gravity. If you want the most consistant knockdown then just end in techno tackle since it is a grab animation and hkd.

Alternatively you could use the stacking of gravity to your advantage for "quick rise" set ups. For instance, you can find a combo that still stacks the gravity to make them fall quicker after powerfist ender and then delayed mb the powerfist on hit to make the second hit come out as a meaty overhead reset that is plus on block. If you think they will wake up then you will be safe and can baot and punish the wake up.

Cyborg has some of the best safe set ups for baiting wake ups in the game. Stop asking nrs for buffs (there is nothing to "fix" here) just because you dont want to adapt the way you end your 80% reset in this one scenario against certain characters.
Excellent words.

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
Is this a thing? never seen it done

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Is this a thing? never seen it done
Yes, i tested it one day because the moves list listed a block advantage for mb powerfist even tho you cant mb it on block. Never made a vid or anthing and dont rrcall the exact combo off the top of my head but it was just a standard corner combo with a d2 added in or something. 12B2 xx mb powerfist, 11, 11, 11, d2, 3xx powerfist, delayed mb or something like that and it did meaty tech roll and was plus

To be fair, Kekoa has been one of the few that has helped the Cyborg community a lot in posting tech videos (even made a whole anti-wakeup combo guide against the whole cast in the corner). My Cyborg would not be on the level is today if it wasn't for him.

To your point, I do agree, probably best to just use a different ender. I think he's fine atm, just has some really polarizing matchups (like Deadshot), which I'm sure the patch will tone down a bit.

Yes, i tested it one day because the moves list listed a block advantage for mb powerfist even tho you cant mb it on block. Never made a vid or anthing and dont rrcall the exact combo off the top of my head but it was just a standard corner combo with a d2 added in or something. 12B2 xx mb powerfist, 11, 11, 11, d2, 3xx powerfist, delayed mb or something like that and it did meaty tech roll and was plus
I'll mess around with this tonight, you gotta post stuff like this on the forums haha. Can't leave us Cybrotha's in the dark :p

Wetdoba

All too easy...
To be fair, Kekoa has been one of the few that has helped the Cyborg community a lot in posting tech videos (even made a whole anti-wakeup combo guide against the whole cast in the corner). My Cyborg would not be on the level is today if it wasn't for him.

To your point, I do agree, probably best to just use a different ender. I think he's fine atm, just has some really polarizing matchups (like Deadshot), which I'm sure the patch will tone down a bit.
Thats cool but this post is shit-tier.

I'll mess around with this tonight, you gotta post stuff like this on the forums haha. Can't leave us Cybrotha's in the dark :p
I figured it was known. My Cyborg tech is all just a side project anyway ;) so I was too lazy to do anything with it. But the idea was you start off by meaty overhead catching them off gaurd, then next time you end in fist they try to wake up so you bait it. Then after youve conditioned them to respect that mix it opens up B213 stuff

Kekoa

Noob

Thanks for explaining it! Lol I never really understood how it worked, that makes a lot of sense now. If that's how it's supposed to work then that's great. I'm just trying to let people know it's a thing! I'll edit my original post.

I don't understand this character can someone help me plz?
What do you need help on specifically? I can help out :)

Also, if you want to see how this character is played, check out the match footage thread on the Cyborg forums. It should give you a better idea (or check out Noble Illusions, his Cyborg is really good).

What do you need help on specifically? I can help out :)

Also, if you want to see how this character is played, check out the match footage thread on the Cyborg forums. It should give you a better idea (or check out Noble Illusions, his Cyborg is really good).
Basically his up close game and neutral

Wetdoba

All too easy...
+Wetdoba

I don't know why it seems like you have such an issue with OP bringing attention to this concept
Because at first it wasnt about bringing up the issue it was about asking nrs to change something before understanding whats even happening or what your options are, which is a very common theme on this site

Kekoa

Noob
So with high gravity you can replace power fist with nova blast to end your combos, you don't have to change anything except the ender. It's safe but obviously does reduced damage. Techno tackle and sonic disruptor whiff with those high gravity combos and are punishable. If you end a high gravity combo with meaty mb power fist, tech roll + wakeup from 9 frame or less wakeups can still punish. Mb does not make power fist safe from every wakeup. Flash, Firestorm, Catwoman, Atrocitus and Subzero punish with regular wakeup just to name a few, as well as supergirl's super move.

I've been working on a set up like the one you mentioned here but why would they ever tech roll on cyborg let alone tech roll without waking up ?

4x4lo8o

Noob
I've been working on a set up like the one you mentioned here but why would they ever tech roll on cyborg let alone tech roll without waking up ?
Some people just tech roll every time no matter what
There's a couple good reasons to tech roll though
1)it gets you up several frames faster than if you don't tech roll - in some cases this will get a punish you otherwise couldn't get, or let you jump out of a setup, etc
2)Lots of set ups don't work if you tech roll. People use cross up set ups all the time that don't work if you tech roll, and there's simpler stuff too. For example with Cyborg after a powerfist ender you can go for a meaty down fireball that stuffs most wakeups and leaves you slightly positive if they block, but tech rolling makes the fireball whiff and gives them a chance to dash in

4x4lo8o

Noob
i saw a youtube vid basically saying I should end every combo in TA. That no true anymore? :(
It depends on the situation. Ending in TA usually drops 80-100 damage compared to ending with Powerfist, so in some cases it's definitely worth going for the damage. It depends a lot on match up as well. Some characters can deal with TA really well and you're better of going for damage or putting them fullscreen(ending in TA usually leaves them right next to you). Also sometimes it's just better to put out trait.

But ending in TA is often a good option - it's usually a good idea to have as much stuff on the screen as possible.