What's new

Getting My Hopes Up: A Havik Thread

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
I'm going to preface this thread by saying that Havik is one of my favorite characters in fiction, period. He's a fantastically written character in the MK comics and deserves all the love in the world for being an interesting villain with a spot on design. I am aware that I might get clowned on this front because of the "swamp thing fiasco" but for one I dont care and for two, I played swamp thing anyway so I REALLY dont care. With that out of the way let's get this show on the road.

NOTE: THERE WILL BE SPOILERS FOR THE MKX COMIC IN THIS THREAD. DO NOT READ IF YOU DONT LIKE THAT.

Who The Hell Is Havik?
Havik is a denizen of the chaos realm and has taken it upon himself to be even more than that and has decided to be an Agent of Chaos. This means Havik essentially works to upset whatever happens to have the majority or acts in ways to create a lack of balance in the realms. He acts independent from the idea of 'Good' and 'Evil', simply wanting to watch the realms be thrown into the throws of chaos and potential dismay.

Havik's Role
Havik in my eyes serves as an extra weight on an ever changing balance scale to be placed on whatever side is even SLIGHTLY favored. In the MKX comic his whole goal was to summon Shinnok to bring about a gigantic inter realm war. He took on the guise of 'working' for Quan Chi but in reality it's very clear doing that was simply a means of figuring out how to even summon the dark elder god in the first place. Havik proceeds to deceive, manipulate and outright take control of many MANY people to go through with this plan from tricking Daegon into becoming a blood god to summon the Amulet of Shinnok in his brain (metal as fuck) to mind control of Shujinko and Raiden to serve him. He murders Hanzo and leaves Takeda a complete mess however, thinks arent all happy days for Havik because eventually at the end of this arch Hanzo comes back as Scorpion and cuts the immortal regenerating man's head off and delivers it to Quan who subsequently, crushes it into a thousand pieces.

So Why Do We Care?
You care, more importantly *I* care because MK11 is now the single most likely time for Havik to show up again for one reason or another. This dumb bald woman going around timelines talking about 'Destiny' and 'What is meant to happen' is eventually going to be heard by a past, significantly less dead, Havik and he wont take to kindly to it. Theres Dark Raiden trying to seize control of everyone, Emperor Liu Kang essentially wanting the same. All of this is bound to piss someone off and that someone is Havik. Potentially he learns about all of this himself via encountering future people OR he is informed of this because Havik might be the only hope for salvation in this fucked up future. Regardless of what his role would be in a story, now is the perfect time for his return to the living.

An Interesting Tidbit
So if you look below you will see and interesting little image. Now I am aware that gear names mean jackshit but considering the 'leave a hint' style that NRS likes to do a lot this could have some significance to it.
IMG_20190118_063104.jpg
"Tokraka of Havik's Havoc"

A bit of a cheeky name, this arm blade of Baraka could be the beginnings of something great. DLC? Main roster? I dont know but obviously would prefer main roster. I know it's possible I'm giving my Hope's up here but if we were going to get Havik in an MK game again, it would be now but please discuss in the comments! These things are boring without discussion so I wanna hear what you guys have to say about it!

AND UPDATE ON THIS SHIT
So apparently Scorpion and Raiden have the following dialogue

Scorpion: Why come for my clan?
Raiden: A dire threat emerges from Chaosrealm

IM TRYING NOT TO FREAK OUT BUT MY GOD DONT TOY WITH ME BOON

Last edited:
He is also my #1 most wanted Kharacter. Good read.

My top 10

1. Havik
2. Shang Tsung
3. Jade
4. Noob
5. Taven (my sons name)
6. Li Mei
7. Sareena
8. Deagon
9. Fujin
10. Nitara

Baraka and Skarlet were on my list !!!

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I'd say that because he is a mention in Baraka's gear, the chances of him being an actual character is diminished. Same with Reiko, as Skarlet has a dagger which mentions him. :/

It's like in Injustice 2, I remember Enchantress getting a piece of gear called "Zatanna's pants" or something to that effect. It's just a small cameo.

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!
Good luck bro, but do not trust to hope. It has forsaken this roster.