What's new

Getting more advanced with Kung Lao.

DDTECH

H8TR MKR
I'm not much of a poster, more of a lurker. But i will make a post as i train with alot of higher level type people but i can never get a "clear" answer on how to raise my game.
Example, and this isn't going to matter to alot but I've been a Demigod or God every season of KL since it started. I consider my lao very good as i main Zhat. I just have a huge issue with LF being meter heavy and with how people progress in this game, the punishment is retarded.. you'll need to break.
Anyway, I want my lao to go to the next level. Like i said, i train with alot of people, study match replies and watch tourney's and etc.. But what can i do exactly to help get better at staggering? or Getting a "IN".

I have MAJOR problems with kabal and baraka's.. I've read all the post and watched the videos posted here and some help but nothing is constant.. How are you guys making these INSANE reads?

I've even implemented Micro Ducking, footises and etc in my game. Thoughts, share or comments, i will reply as i can.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Post a video of your gameplay and it’ll be a lot easier for people to give you advice.

If you’re struggling against Baraka and Kabal post videos of you losing to them, and ask for suggestions.

DDTECH

H8TR MKR

Link to my twitch. made two elder gods quit.

Last edited:

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Some good spots to reversal flawless block with lao are his f4, f12 usually they poke after those strings end in fear of lao taking his turn again. Im learning to flawlesss block after d3 and f1 cause they poke alot after those too.

DDTECH

H8TR MKR
I'm trying to "train" myself to Flawless block off of sound, because there is a window of you being able to do that, you have a second or so to react specially online. But my mind is hard to train sometimes, because i'm a muscle memory type guy. I have some great matches and i play alot of high level sets with professionals and with krossplay it lets me experience more. However.. i'm just looking to see if anyone else has any advice.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
I dont main lao but it seems foxy has the blueprint with him. Less is more if a string or whatever keeps getting blown up just dont use it . Which reduces you to like 3 buttons lol . But seriously i dod this with noob and am starting to see some result

DDTECH

H8TR MKR
I study alot of replays..
I find it very funny that scar and f0xy do the most simplest stuff and are able to win at a high level. Its kindof annoying cause i feel im much more technical. And i have better combos.

I watched scars last match vs sonic, all he used was F4, F12, and throws. No combos. No anything.. it was kindof pitiful..

Im more or less looking for stagger patterns to use.