What's new

Match-up Discussion getting caged

Gixxerkid66

ChadtheDad412
I'm sure this matchup is discussed somewhere in this forum but hell if i can find it so im just asking in a new thread. I'm getting wrecked by high level cage players now when they use the rushdown. Im going to say they are using a frame trap but i may be wrong and it may just be heavy rush down pressure. Whatever the case what tactics are the rest of u using in this situation. I try to get a d+1 in and get the hell out but i end up right back in the same situation more often then not. Fire away.

Check the JC frame data. If you see him end a block string that leaves him at neutral or negative, you can escape. Make sure you block low to avoid his ex force balls. Also ex parry works. Don't jump either, always a bad idea against JC.

Gixxerkid66

ChadtheDad412
Thanks man will def. look into it....by the way i love the irony that u were 1 of the ppl who wrecked me lol.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Check the JC frame data. If you see him end a block string that leaves him at neutral or negative, you can escape. Make sure you block low to avoid his ex force balls. Also ex parry works. Don't jump either, always a bad idea against JC.
If hes at neutral, you can attempt to escape, hes near enough always gonna be at neutral, and the means of escape is what the Cage player is looking for. Thats what makes a good Cage player hard to get off you.

GGA Wafflez

the kid
another tip... jumping against him on not holding block like a character space away is a terrible idea... JC's b3 is godlike... as well as his s1 and d1 for cross ups... pokes like d4

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
I'm sure this matchup is discussed somewhere in this forum but hell if i can find it so im just asking in a new thread. I'm getting wrecked by high level cage players now when they use the rushdown. Im going to say they are using a frame trap but i may be wrong and it may just be heavy rush down pressure. Whatever the case what tactics are the rest of u using in this situation. I try to get a d+1 in and get the hell out but i end up right back in the same situation more often then not. Fire away.

yea, don't jump at JC unless you're planning on doing a max height JK, which will likely beat out his AA's. Try and bait him to jump with runaway smoke bombs then go for your own AA. go out of your way to avoid his up close game, but chances are you're going to have to deal with it at some point.

The biggest mistake you can make in that scenario is to get impatient and try hastily to get out; that will always get you blown up. You have to accept that once his block strings have started that you're going to eat a butt load of chip and give him tons of meter. Just chill there and wait for an opening to d1.

Once the d1 connects, you can try to poke n smoke, but that's risky because if it fails you're right back into his pressure. I prefer d1 xx drift away and go back to the runaway game.

On hit, d1 xx drift away is completely safe unless they want to risk an EX shadow kick (which you might be able to block in time to punish, not sure) but regular shadow kick will whiff entirely for a full punish.

In summary, run away and bait, when caught in rushdown don't try and jump out. calmly wait for an opportunity to d1.