What's new

General/Other - Jason Voorhees Get your salt shakers and water buckets ready!

E

Eldriken

I can see it now, folks. There are gonna be some aching vaginas all over the Internet once Jason drops.

People were already like, "JASON'S BROKE! HE'S OP WITH ALL THAT ARMOR!" completely ignoring that he just stands there "asleep" for a brief period of time after the buff wears off.

As I said, get your salt shakers and water buckets handy because there's gonna be some salt and tears flowing starting tomorrow.

Koor

Hot Gyahbage
It kindve reminds me of Doomsday but not as rushdown, speed wise. As far his armor, that will probably be more of a corner game thing. Abusing that midscreen will most likely be situational to balance it out. So yeah, you get cornered you get mopped up.

RexxyC

what's done is done
I can see it now, folks. There are gonna be some aching vaginas all over the Internet once Jason drops.

People were already like, "JASON'S BROKE! HE'S OP WITH ALL THAT ARMOR!" completely ignoring that he just stands there "asleep" for a brief period of time after the buff wears off.

As I said, get your salt shakers and water buckets handy because there's gonna be some salt and tears flowing starting tomorrow.
my kitana vagina is already in pain. how are you going to take one of the only things I had on people away. My fans are nothing against him.

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
his loss of jump and crappy anti air grab means you can just jump over him when he armors up. just dont do something stupid like throw projectiles when he's point blank

delbuster

hungry
i do think the idea of unlimited armor w/ not much previous time commitment is just a silly thing to put in the game, i don't care how big of a drawback there is.

here is how i see it:

successful armor up either in guess in neutral or off a knockdown->
GUARANTEED advantage, probably leads to a mixup or catching an unsafe movement option. you have NO WAY to hit him out of ANYTHING he does unless i suppose Xrays break its armor. perhaps throws if the armor works differently than normal armor, but i doubt it. you only have movement and blocking. it is reportedly 4 seconds, which can be a lot, and he has fast walkspeed.

IF something hits, potentially safe based on how long he can knock you down to survive the downtime (the downtime probably prevents re-armoring feasibly)

if he fails, he should be punished hard

the risk reward is pretty extreme which is worrying, and perhaps even more worrying is the concept that Jason always has some sort of initiative since his opponent's attacks are now null. and this is not even going into situations where Jason has a lot of life and his opponent has very little life and Jason turns on 4 second armor, making it almost impossible to prevent Jason from simply walking up and chipping or choosing a direction to throw or doing possibly an overhead/low mixup for a KO.

there's a lot of things going into it though, and of course i don't know much besides the basics. i think his walkspeed is too much for this mechanic. i think the game is not suited to such a mechanic.

as always though, it's in the game. have to learn and adapt.

tbh the thing that attracts me the most to the character is the walk speed and potential to have better pokes than jacqui. yep im a nerd.