What's new

Geras: The Perfect Cover-All Sand Clone Setup Combo (Concise Video Tutorial)

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness

In a previous episode of Incredibly Important Information, I covered a Sand Clone setup that led to guaranteed powerful mixups, but that setup sacrificed too much damage. This new one hardly sacrifices any damage, and allows you to press offense, completely safe from the multitude of wakeup options in MK11.

This is a rare privilege that only Eternal Geras has with these Sand Clone setups, and I think they are incredibly powerful! This video takes you through every potential knockdown situation that the setup can be used, and shows you the one way that one version of the setup could be punished. Afterwards, I demonstrate the offensive potential of the setup, by showing all kinds of tick throws and high/low mixups that you can have once you've used he setup!
I've prepared a timestamp chapter select, below.

Intro: 00:08
VS Wakeup Roll 00:58
Short Delayed Getup 01:44
Strike Throw Mix (F2) 02:18
Strike / Throw Mix / Conditioning (D4) 03:19
Corner Setup: 04:09
S2 Mix, S1 Tick: 05:05
11 High / Low mix: 05:28
11 Hitconfirm: 05:56

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
This is very good shit, been playing Eternal since he was released but I've been a bit lazy in looking for optimal setups and such so this is very useful. Thanks brother!

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
This is very good shit, been playing Eternal since he was released but I've been a bit lazy in looking for optimal setups and such so this is very useful. Thanks brother!
You're welcome, it was my pleasure.

Parasurama

Dragon

In a previous episode of Incredibly Important Information, I covered a Sand Clone setup that led to guaranteed powerful mixups, but that setup sacrificed too much damage. This new one hardly sacrifices any damage, and allows you to press offense, completely safe from the multitude of wakeup options in MK11.

This is a rare privilege that only Eternal Geras has with these Sand Clone setups, and I think they are incredibly powerful! This video takes you through every potential knockdown situation that the setup can be used, and shows you the one way that one version of the setup could be punished. Afterwards, I demonstrate the offensive potential of the setup, by showing all kinds of tick throws and high/low mixups that you can have once you've used he setup!
I've prepared a timestamp chapter select, below.

Intro: 00:08
VS Wakeup Roll 00:58
Short Delayed Getup 01:44
Strike Throw Mix (F2) 02:18
Strike / Throw Mix / Conditioning (D4) 03:19
Corner Setup: 04:09
S2 Mix, S1 Tick: 05:05
11 High / Low mix: 05:28
11 Hitconfirm: 05:56
How do you suggest using the time reversing ability?