What's new

Geras midscreen freeze setups

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
Saw players doing this recently and theorycrafted this a bit

So in new era geras has some shenanigans with time freeze.

1,1xxfreeze,d2,d1,ju2(bodysplash)1>mixup

ju2 jails long enough for 1 to connect. After 1 you can either attempt a tick throw or complete the string going 1,1,1,1+3

If they jump, the 11 will catch them, leading into 1,1,1,1+3

If they block either standing or crouching(to avoid sand trap) tick throw will catch them

Tick throw can get traded with by 6f d1s like error, but otherwise unless I fucked up it'll beat 7+ frames or higher

As far as I'm aware there' no gap
anywhere for a fb reversal

Has anyone found any other freeze setups or traps?

Last edited:

Vagrant

Noob
Is there something that could do more damage than d1 and still force them to eat jump in after?

Could they flawless block to get out of this setup?

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
Haven’t tried it. Corner only? Any vids?
Don't have vids unfortunately, but it's a midscreen setup.

Is there something that could do more damage than d1 and still force them to eat jump in after?

Could they flawless block to get out of this setup?
Possibly, I haven't optimized it but it seems legit, no gimmicks.

I tested FB and the ju2 to 1 has no gap to fb. Also no gap between 1,1, at least not long enough for a fb window, so they have to eat it

I encourage anyone to test to see if there are holes in it or can be better optimized.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
You can fully charge the gauntlet during BF1(A) freeze. But you don´t have enough frames to perform the KB but you have time to fully charge it and cancel without being punished. I have tested it against the Geras´s D1(6f) and I can fully charge it and then block succesfully.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
You can fully charge the gauntlet during BF1(A) freeze. But you don´t have enough frames to perform the KB but you have time to fully charge it and cancel without being punished. I have tested it against the Geras´s D1(6f) and I can fully charge it and then block succesfully.
So not even time to meaty the release on their wake up either?
Do you get the KB AFTER you charge it though? Like does it hold the KB at least? I haven’t tried yet

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Using time freeze to do standing mix-ups is the most interesting part of his character if you ask me, very cool mechanic

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
So not even time to meaty the release on their wake up either?
Do you get the KB AFTER you charge it though? Like does it hold the KB at least? I haven’t tried yet
I´ve tested on fully blocked and your opp. can block it, I mean if they come after the freeze touching buttons he will eat it, but it´s definitly blockable if he tries to block it.
But the full charge is completly safe and now you have a KB ready to perform in a simple hit or as a deadly combo finisher for the entire match

ApexPredator1509

☕️ ☕️ ☕️
I´ve tested on fully blocked and your opp. can block it, I mean if they come after the freeze touching buttons he will eat it, but it´s definitly blockable if he tries to block it.
But the full charge is completly safe and now you have a KB ready to perform in a simple hit or as a deadly combo finisher for the entire match
Great find, gonna start using this.
Geras has decent meterless dmg in the corner so perhaps I could end cornercombos in timefreeze instead of titan tackle to have a KB at my disposal.