What's new

GERAS Looks slow

Is it just me or does he seem slow? I know he's a grappler.

Also his existence makes Tremor returning seem less likely since he has a similar move set.

What are your thoughts?

His Fatality was badass though!!!

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
Yeah when I saw his gameplay trailer I just thought they could have just called him tremor and people would think it fit. Meh.

MrWarMachine

Jacqui/D'Vorah 2020
It took me a second to figure out what he did on the second hit during his fatality. The fact that he hits someone so hard he tears their flesh away like a road rash sells me.

He looks cool, I can't wait to see what his variations are like. They were right to hype him up because his moves are pretty interesting. I've been learning Kotal recently so another command grab guy is right up my alley.

Dayvon

Noob
He does look slow but unlike many grapplers he has some decent projectiles and setups. 16bit said he can "reverse time" and go back 4 seconds even if he's getting hit. I'm not sure if it's a gear move or in one of his variations.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
he is a new blood in the franchise, so, let's see when come out .... he will have a great importance in the story mode, since he is antagonist of Kronika, so, let's check out when the game come out .... game play wise, yep, he is slow, but, seems brutal , kinda, the "Zangief" of MK 11 !

He does look slow but unlike many grapplers he has some decent projectiles and setups. 16bit said he can "reverse time" and go back 4 seconds even if he's getting hit. I'm not sure if it's a gear move or in one of his variations.
In his stream after the reveal, Maximilian said that Geras had a variation that no one could figure out what exactly it did. Said something about the NRS employees being a bit cryptic about it saying he can reverse time. I think you can see it in his trailer from about the 56 second mark to the 1 minute mark.

And for OP in terms of being slow, I think he will be slow because it looks like he has a couple cool ways to get in close. From the reveal trailer at about 38 seconds he has that move, and then at about 49 seconds he has that move too. I also disagree about the fatality. I feel like this one was less about being unique to Geras and more about just showing off the new gore system :/ Any of the characters could have punched a couple holes in the midsection and hit someone's face off.

He looks like a mixup machine with damage and full screen presence, he kind of should be slow.
Yup and I just remembered from the stream that 16bit said you can rewind yourself 4 seconds and Ultradave played around with Geras and laughed about how cheap it is. He said you can whiff your command grab, get punished, be in hit stun, and rewind yourself...

Last edited:
I remember that Lab Zero wanted Aeon to have some interesting gameplay mechanics involving time if she had made it into Skullgirls, such as undoing damage done to her and having it done to her opponent if she reversed time when they are standing at the spot she originally took the damage.

Wonder if they'll try something like that with him.