What's new

Geras General Discussion

Dayvon

Noob
@ogrimtitan Freeze isn't active after the second hit in 11 thus making the last hit in 111 the first hit. Due to the patch making the overhead 21 frames, this is going to be a lot harder to pull off. Players shouldn't have been getting hit with this gimmick to begin with.

4x4lo8o

Noob
How do you get New Era's Big Fist KB to trigger? I don't understand the description in the move list and haven't been able to get it to trigger without having easy krushing blows on

Dayvon

Noob
How do you get New Era's Big Fist KB to trigger? I don't understand the description in the move list and haven't been able to get it to trigger without having easy krushing blows on
You literally have to punish or counter two consecutive moves without pressing another normal or special move. Even if you whiff a move between your punishes the kB won’t activate.

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
Okay how the hell do you deal with Raiden's storm cell the damn thing is -3 and give him a perfect opportunity to teleport away

so question, ive seen some geras players do d3 d2 d2 after a freeze, what combo's usually do that?
That's the optimal after you've full charged gauntlet and confirm 1,1 into bf1. Specifically works with 1,1 and not f21.

You can also do d3, d2, d3 for a 30% reset which leaves you massively plus for a free strike/throw mix.

The combos go like this though, pardon my notation - it makes sense to me but may not be kosher:

1,1 xx bf1 (mb), d3, d2, d2, micro dash f212 xx bf2 (45%). Or...

1,1 bf1 (mb), d3, d2, d2, f3 xx bf2 (slightly less damage but easier to time).

Huuuuge damage for only one bar. You get another 5% if you amp the bf2 and then finish with b22 xx far sandtrap (for first combo) or 4 xx bf2 (second). It's basically the new optimal. You should be full charging gauntlet every match off first 1,1 or f21 confirm and then just using bf1 in place of bf2.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
That's the optimal after you've full charged gauntlet and confirm 1,1 into bf1. Specifically works with 1,1 and not f21.

You can also do d3, d2, d3 for a 30% reset which leaves you massively plus for a free strike/throw mix.

The combos go like this though, pardon my notation - it makes sense to me but may not be kosher:

Huuuuge damage for only one bar. You get another 5% if you amp the bf2 and then finish with b22 xx far sandtrap (for first combo) or 4 xx bf2 (second). It's basically the new optimal. You should be full charging gauntlet every match off first 1,1 or f21 confirm and then just using bf1 in place of bf2.
wait, because buffing gauntlet buffs all your gauntlet related attacks right? any combo's that actually use the gauntlet crushing blow?

wait, because buffing gauntlet buffs all your gauntlet related attacks right? any combo's that actually use the gauntlet crushing blow?
Full charging gauntlet makes your next d2, d3 or db2~1 empowered, significantly increasing their damage and giving access to the db2~1 KB. When done raw the charge is consumed (if the attack lands; on block and whiff it doesn't go away), but d3 and d2 done during an amplified temporal advantage (bf1) gives you the damage buff WITHOUT consuming the charge. You can do this forever and reap the benefits of the damage and not lose it.

So you can in theory charge once and have massive damage boosts for the remainder of the match. The only exception to the rule is if you end the round with say a gauntlet attack it consumes the charge even if they're frozen during the hit. Otherwise it doesn't.

Hope that wasn't too confusing.

Last edited:

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
w
Full charging gauntlet makes your next d2, d3 or db2~1 empowered, significantly increasing their damage and giving access to the db2~1 KB. When done raw the charge is consumed (if the attack lands; on block and whiff it doesn't go away), but d3 and d2 done during an amplified temporal advantage (bf1) gives you the damage buff WITHOUT consuming the charge. You can do this forever and reap the benefits of the damage and not lose it.

So you can in theory charge once and have massive damage boosts for the remainder of the match. The only exception to the rule is if you end the round with say a gauntlet attack it consumes the charge even if they're frozen during the hit. Otherwise it doesn't.

Hope that wasn't too confusing.
what if you hit them with a gauntlet charge and it doesnt end the round, u still lose the buff?

but yeah they should probably change that buff so it only lasts for 1 combo, not the rest of the match :confused: thats nutso.

Hey Fonic, any tips for landing the D3, D2, D2? I cant seem to do it consistently. When I see it done in tourny, it's almost like the D3 cancels into the D2, but I'm sure it's just a timing thing.

Thanks

Hey Fonic, any tips for landing the D3, D2, D2? I cant seem to do it consistently. When I see it done in tourny, it's almost like the D3 cancels into the D2, but I'm sure it's just a timing thing.

Thanks
It's definitely just timing, d3 recovers much faster than uppercuts so if you time it just right it looks like the d3->d2 is seamless. I'd say it's just a timing/patience thing, you actually have more than enough time to do all 3 off a 11 bf1 cancel, but you can't mash (I used to mash d2s during bf1 until I realized that particular optimal doesn't allow for it).

If you're patient and wait for the uppercuts to complete you should be good.

It's definitely just timing, d3 recovers much faster than uppercuts so if you time it just right it looks like the d3->d2 is seamless. I'd say it's just a timing/patience thing, you actually have more than enough time to do all 3 off a 11 bf1 cancel, but you can't mash (I used to mash d2s during bf1 until I realized that particular optimal doesn't allow for it).

If you're patient and wait for the uppercuts to complete you should be good.
Awesome man, thanks very much for the advice. DIdnt get a chance to test it tonight but I will as soon as I get home from work tomorrow. Respect!