What's new

Geras General Discussion

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I have to say that at first I thought Geras was really strong buthonestly, he has nothing. His specials are too slow, he's easily pressured and easily blocked and then powerless. Yes he has a lot of stuff that's safe on block but he can't do anything with it. All his strings seem very predictable. What am I missing?
I play New Era as a co-main. DF3 and DB1 are meant for zoning. DB1 is a low, and forces your opponent to approach carefully, or be sand trapped into OKI. DF3 makes it so they can't jump. Mixing the 2 specials together makes approaching Geras a minefield.

F212 is an incredible string. Fast and has priority, is safe and launches into 20%. 111 has a 50/50 that results in a huge crushing blow. 241 also has a 50/50. F11+3 can be used as a decent counter, and I sometimes use F1, DD(A) to rewind, followed by another F1 that has a tendency to counter the opponents string into a big Krushing blow. Frog splash leads to mind games of 111 bullshit, throws, and his command grab.

Yeah...that command grab...It's possibly the best in the game. Starts just inside jump distance, ticks off all his best string starters, carries your opponent to the corner where he's really dangerous and has a Krushing Blow.

To say he has nothing is disingenuous. He's bugged right now and still strong.

Last edited:

Osagri

Fear the blade of Osh-Tekk
I play New Era as a co-main. DF3 and DB1 are meant for zoning. DB1 is a slow, and forces your opponent to approach carefully, or be sand trapped into OKI. DF3 makes it so they can't jump. Mixing the 2 specials together makes approaching Geras a minefield.

F212 is an incredible string. Fast and has priority, is safe and launches into 20%. 111 has a 50/50 that results in a huge crushing blow. 241 also has a 50/50. F11+3 can be used as a decent counter, and I sometimes use F1, DD(A) to rewind, followed by another F1 that has a tendency to counter the opponents string into a big Krushing blow. Frog splash leads to mind games of 111 bullshit, throws, and his command grab.

Yeah...that command grab...It's possibly the best in the game. Starts just inside jump distance, ticks off all his best string starters, carries your opponent to the corner where he's really dangerous and has a Krushing Blow.

To say he has nothing is disingenuous. He's bugged right now and still strong.
Might add that hes punishment is rly strong, F221+3 for like 30% and F11+34 for 29%. Hes bf1 is pretty good aa and leads to good dmg and corner carry.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I have to say that at first I thought Geras was really strong buthonestly, he has nothing. His specials are too slow, he's easily pressured and easily blocked and then powerless. Yes he has a lot of stuff that's safe on block but he can't do anything with it. All his strings seem very predictable. What am I missing?
I agree. I too think he has nothing. I say it's time to start having serious conversations about Geras buffs. This character needs help.

TheLewis

Noob
Just in case you guys didnt see the thread, check the garaunteed charged fist into jailed pressure. The F21 after the cancel stuffs even 6 frame D1s.

Not super gameplay related, but in case nobody knew, I figured out the requirements for Geras’s Paused In Time brutality. You have to hit 3 amplified Temporal Advantages and then the last thing that hits them must be the first hit of regular Temporal Advantage. Like most brutalities, it’s perfectly ok if the final TA hits after their health bar has already been depleted, so you can combo into it and still get it.

Reactions: jmt

Osagri

Fear the blade of Osh-Tekk
Not super gameplay related, but in case nobody knew, I figured out the requirements for Geras’s Paused In Time brutality. You have to hit 3 amplified Temporal Advantages and then the last thing that hits them must be the first hit of regular Temporal Advantage. Like most brutalities, it’s perfectly ok if the final TA hits after their health bar has already been depleted, so you can combo into it and still get it.
figured out?
Its literally writen in the move list

REYTHEGREAT

Ok, I was trying it last night and Geras just kept charging the fist. If you're fully charged, does the DB2 then just trigger the punch?
if you are fully charged, i believe you have to input the entire string. since DB2 only charges, the 1 will released it.

REYTHEGREAT

What I'm asking is what the input is to combo into the fully charged punch.

So....would it be F1,1+3,DB2~1?
Yes, so lets say that you have it fully charged already. So you would go into a combo and end with that string or end it with just DB2,1 since it is already charged. I hope that makes sense

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Yes, so lets say that you have it fully charged already. So you would go into a combo and end with that string or end it with just DB2,1 since it is already charged. I hope that makes sense
Gotcha. Thank you! Sorry for the dumb question. Literally started playing Geras last night and couldn't figure out how to cancel into the fully charged fist for the life of me.

Con

Noob
Does anyone have high or mid tier gameplay they could show? I can't seem to find any geras players that stream besides tweedy

TheLewis

Noob
Does anyone have high or mid tier gameplay they could show? I can't seem to find any geras players that stream besides tweedy
Biohazard plays geras and kano. Hes been in some top 8s using geras. You should be able to find it on youtube.

And sonicfox was using geras against dragons centrion at nlbc. Team Spooky youtube for a lot of top tier footage. Sajam did a match breakdown of this and points out a lot of reasons why geras is such a power house.