What's new

Geras General Discussion

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
No it's not. New Era only has 2 moves, Stepping it back and sand pillar
My bad, Titan Tackle is a universal special, not variation specific. So it should be there in New Era as BF2. In Infinite Warden, Titan Tackle is replaced by Bed Of Spikes (which is also BF2)

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
So uh, I’ve fallen in love with this character.

Like I straight up had to put my other mains down to give this man the love and respect he deserves because holy shit does he feel RIGHT for me. All the other characters I was supposed to lab, he cut in front of them and now I can’t stop playing him.

But I hate his presets.

It’s sad but unlike the rest of my characters(thus far) he’s going to be living in Playermatch and Private rooms until they make some changes

I can’t imagine playing him without Shifting Sands, Quick Sand, and Sand Simulacrum.

The mind games, the pressure, the damage, the utility, it’s too good to give up.

SeymorSlash216

Kahn Man
Need to know if I'm doing something wrong here in this combo:

b22 xx bf2mb b2 xx bf2mb 24 xx bf2

I can't get the 2nd bf2mb to happen, it always just does the normal version. I know it's possible because I saw it in a vid but they were using a custom variation and I'm using Old Soul.

Suntan Superman

Never outshine the Master
Need to know if I'm doing something wrong here in this combo:

b22 xx bf2mb b2 xx bf2mb 24 xx bf2

I can't get the 2nd bf2mb to happen, it always just does the normal version. I know it's possible because I saw it in a vid but they were using a custom variation and I'm using Old Soul.
I'm pretty sure you can't do two bf2(enh) in the same combo.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Anyone have any tips on how you use the gauntlet of age move? The special that changes big fist to this stance move that charges a punch.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
My BnB midscreen with bed of spikes tournament variation is:

b22-bf2MB-f1,1+3-db1 (1bar,330 dmg, midscreen) If you beging with Jid2 is 350.
Also if you have the gauntlet fully charged you can do: b22-bf2MB-F1,1+3-db2,1 (KB) (437dmg,450 if begins with Jid2
Very easy, very useful because the quicksand finish leaves you at mid distance for your combo starters b22, f2,f1,Jid2,etc...

Last edited:

Histrionik

Wake-Up Rolls, bitch.
So, wait. I’m using Warden variation [I think. The one with Spikes].

Is this optimal?:
F21xxBF2 [MB], dash, F1xxBF1 [MB], D2, D2, dash, F1xxBF2

Given, it uses both offensive bars. But it’s super solid damage and I’m pulling it off fairly reliably. He feels like Cyrax when I play going for landing this combo [or the same combo but ending with BF2 instead of using the second bar] without the Net and so dig it. But am I giving up too much for a cute flashy combo?

On Infinite Warden variation, your best ender is Bed of Spikes. It gives you the same plus frames as Quicksand, but leaves them slightly closer and in perfect spacing for body splash to hit in front or behind depending on the timing. While that’s not a mixup in itself due to the block button, its funky timing is hard to contest and the jail from body splash leaves them vulnerable to other mixups when you land.

For example, I’m doing:
ji2, f21~bf2 MB, ff, f21~bf2
for around 35%.
The second f21 has slightly funky timing, but it’s pretty consistent with a little practice.

Sonicfox playing Geras on stream tonight says he’s easily the best character in the game and was doing some filthy vortex stuff. Guaranteeeeee there’s a nerf coming within the next few weeks to at least his d1

Whats strong about his d1?
It’s 6 frames. Tied for fastest in the game. You can use it to interrupt opponent strings, set up a tick throw, and if you’re 0 or even -1 or -2 on block with someone with a 7, 8 or 9 frame jab (which most characters have), you’re going to win or trade.

It’s 6 frames. Tied for fastest in the game. You can use it to interrupt opponent strings, set up a tick throw, and if you’re 0 or even -1 or -2 on block with someone with a 7, 8 or 9 frame jab (which most characters have), you’re going to win or trade.
And it’s not that other aspects of his game couldn’t be nerfed, the jab just seems unnecessary to me

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Playing New Era...I'm just not sure what the game plan is. Mids that either lead to no damage or strings that are unsafe. Mixups that get poked before they even start. He feels like a weird, half ass hybrid. Thoughts?

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
Playing New Era...I'm just not sure what the game plan is. Mids that either lead to no damage or strings that are unsafe. Mixups that get poked before they even start. He feels like a weird, half ass hybrid. Thoughts?
I think that's the schtick. He hits for very little compared to IW midscreen, but you get tackle mixes and the tackle itself has hella corner carry. Like for ex, B22xxTackle will do less damage than the potential Amped Spiked combo but it will carry pretty damn far.

It's hard to say now, but I feel like having another threat with tick throw will ultimately make this variation the go to against non zoners.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I think that's the schtick. He hits for very little compared to IW midscreen, but you get tackle mixes and the tackle itself has hella corner carry. Like for ex, B22xxTackle will do less damage than the potential Amped Spiked combo but it will carry pretty damn far.

It's hard to say now, but I feel like having another threat with tick throw will ultimately make this variation the go to against non zoners.
It almost feels like getting to the corner is the plan, but its so incredibly hard to do so. Everyones pokes so much right now. Theres now respect. Trying to figure that out.

ChrisJG

Noob
Anyone have a link to some good, high level IW gameplay? I feel like my play isn't too optimal and I want to learn from someone with more time on him.

Vagrant

Noob
It almost feels like getting to the corner is the plan, but its so incredibly hard to do so. Everyones pokes so much right now.
Umm.. Sand trap is basically an instant check that they have to sit still for, and command grab literally carries them across the screen into the corner.

Are you talking about the other variation? I don't really use the other variation yet but Fox was making great use of it against Dragon and Scar on his stream after the first NLBC. Check out his archive on twitch.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
I’m trying so hard to maim the gauntlet variation but it feels like an up hill battle..

They should at least make it so more strings jail into the gauntlet. So far only s4 on block does.
And his charge is soooooo slow but I love the concept

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
All I know is that it’s extremely important to fill up the charge before you actually hit someone with it.

If you hit someone before it’s fully charged it goes back to zero.

But if you hit someone with it fully charged, you get the krushing blow aaaaaaand it stays at fully charged which is huge in order to still get the big damaging combos

ChrisJG

Noob
I think you're focusing on the gauntlet too much. I very rarely use it. like you said, his good strings dont jail into it, meaning good players will d1 (or even full combo you) on reaction. What makes this character good is f3, b22, f212, and his pokes. Focus on trying to hit confirm b22 and put the pressure on by staggering f32 and mixing throws in. Of course you can mix the gauntlet in every now and then off f212 but don't try to force yourself to use it. I can really never see a situation where a full charged one comes off for you other than mid combo.