What's new

Geras General Discussion

Percimon

Sky above, Voice within
He has Quick Sand which is projectile immune once it hits opponent, so it gives Geras a chance against zoning

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
All I got that's new is the data on his titan tackle

18f start up, hits mid
+8 on hit
29f recovery
bf2 input

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Omg, so he has 2 teleports and he isn't getting any of those. Swap gauntlet of ages with sand clone and I would be happy
Quick sand is like a smoke style projectile parry so that is his "teleport" in but damn bed of spikes replaces command grab.... only character with command grabs in his base load out and NRS replaces it for tournaments... why? Need to change that to the sand clone instead. Geras' defining aspect is his grab, if i wanted a character with basic ass 1 bar combos Id play literally anyone else

Malec

Noob
He has Quick Sand which is projectile immune once it hits opponent, so it gives Geras a chance against zoning
OH my bad, I thought Quicksand would be the sand on the ground thing that pulls opponents in, so I guess I am fine with this variation then

Malec

Noob
Quick sand is like a smoke style projectile parry so that is his "teleport" in but damn bed of spikes replaces command grab.... only character with command grabs in his base load out and NRS replaces it for tournaments... why? Need to change that to the sand clone instead. Geras' defining aspect is his grab, if i wanted a character with basic ass 1 bar combos Id play literally anyone else
Isn't bed of Spikes just another variation of his command grab? Instead the tackle he would use the bed of spikes, which you can enhance for a combo, what I actually liked in the break down...
EDIT: OK I see, bed of spikes is a mid instead of a command grab, bummer. Another thing I have noticed in this variation, all his "additional" moves are just altered versions of his moveset. Kinda really disappointing

Last edited:

Malec

Noob
Can you use Gauntlet of the Ages to cancel out of stuff with it? Like 2 parts of a string, into gauntlet into instant cancel dash or cancel and do another move? Or is it a fixed slow animation

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Isn’t Bed of Spikes also a command grab? I’m pretty sure it deals more damage at the cost of the utility of tackle, and is a high instead of a mid.

Malec

Noob
Isn’t Bed of Spikes also a command grab? I’m pretty sure it deals more damage at the cost of the utility of tackle, and is a high instead of a mid.
No its a mid and blockable, that's why it's not a command grab, you can block it. You can enhance it to extend combos, but you can't open people up with it

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
I just noticed that, compared to known builds, his Temporal Advantage (where the opponent is stuck in place, you hit them and they get the impact when the move ends) has been altered. There now is a meterless version that doesn't stun the opponent but just blasts them away. AND, both versions can now actually be comboed into, meaning that the amplified version is now a significant combo extender.

Malec

Noob
I just noticed that, compared to known builds, his Temporal Advantage (where the opponent is stuck in place, you hit them and they get the impact when the move ends) has been altered. There now is a meterless version that doesn't stun the opponent but just blasts them away. AND, both versions can now actually be comboed into, meaning that the amplified version is now a significant combo extender.
That sounds awesome

Really?!? That is some excellent news!!

Great news. he was looking to be slow and and have little to no combos before.

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
That sounds awesome
Really?!? That is some excellent news!!
Great news. he was looking to be slow and and have little to no combos before.
Yeah, I was really surprised when I saw it. I think there will be many interesting things one can do with it. It has a really short hitbox though, so if a move pushes an opponent too far away it will whiff. It mostly only works after the first hit of a string. For example you can do his f1 bodycheck into it, but if you do f1 1+3, the opponent is too far away. In the same manner f2 works but f2 1 doesn't. 11 is the only two hitting string I found that works. It doesn't work after down pokes as far as I can tell.

I haven't really looked into what you can do after the stun. The delay of the hit animation will result in some cool possibilities for sure. Can't wait to see what more skilled people can come up with :D

Wetdoba

All too easy...

Heres some ghetto pre release footage of the first corner combo and set ups I was looking at. Geras feels great right now with tons of potential. You can put out the delayed pillar and still be plus after the knockdown so you can hit them with a strike or grab mix before or after the explosion.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Guys where is his Titan tackle? I'm in training mode and can't see this move.
Titan Tackle is in his tournament variation New Era. Not in the presets in training mode. If you want to use tournament variations in training mode you have to create them. Go to customise, select character, variation, abilities. There you press square/X to access presets. If you scroll down the list the variations with the trophy icon next to them are the tournament ones. Pick one and save, you can now use them in training mode.

Chu Fye

Noob
Titan Tackle is in his tournament variation New Era. Not in the presets in training mode. If you want to use tournament variations in training mode you have to create them. Go to customise, select character, variation, abilities. There you press square/X to access presets. If you scroll down the list the variations with the trophy icon next to them are the tournament ones. Pick one and save, you can now use them in training mode.
No it's not. New Era only has 2 moves, Stepping it back and sand pillar