What's new

Tech General Zod Stage Thread (Interactable Combos, Stage Discussion, etc.)

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
This thread will be for discussion on everything stage related for Zod.

Interactable combos, setups, discussion about stage counterpicks, etc.

12 in a juggle will allow a background bounce interactable to land almost anywhere within a juggle.

B23 > 12 xx Interactable > J2 xx Slow Rifle > J2 xx Fast Rifle > Dash 123 xx Force Palm 39%

F21U2 xx Slow Rifle > J2 xx Fast Rifle > Dash 12 xx MB Close Laser > Dash 12 xx Interactable > B3 > Zod Charge 45%

-Cell Block

-Mess Hall

-Throne Room

-Crime Lab

-Lagoon

-Canister (Right Side)
(Trait out) Interactable > 4 > Bite > b+3 > jump 3 > 1,2,3 -> MB palm 47% (Credit m2dave)

-Hangar

-Swinging Trap (Left Side)
Interactable > MB Fullscreen Laser > Dash > Dash 123 xx Force Palm 31%
Interactable > Dash > Jump Forward > Air Zod Charge 22% (takes you out of the corner)
Interactable > Gunshot is also 19% (keeps you in the corner)

-Laboratory

-Menagerie

-Alley

-Rooftop

-Plaza

-Great Hall

-Command Center

-Luthor's Lab

-Street

-Rooftop

-Museum

-Cell Block

-Yard

-Temple

-Port

-Bridge

-Reactor

-Entrance

-Great Room

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
Fortress of Solitude Laboratory seems to be the only stage I've found where we can summon trait and grab/slash mid combo. Yields some pretty good damage.

Meterless interactable combo in Fortress of Solitude Laboratory:
Spaceship Interactable, Trait Summon, 12 xx Doomsday Bounce Interactable, Wraith Grab, Full Charge Close Ground Blast, B3, J3, 123 xx Zod Charge: 48%

Or for an easier/more consistent combo off the interactable for decent damage is:

Spaceship Interactable, Trait Summon, 12 xx Doomsday Bounce Interactable, B3, Wraith Grab, Full Charge Ground Blast, 3 xx Zod Charge: 43%

insignis

Noob
for maximum damage meterless you can do f21u2~slow rifle,j2~rifle,dash 12~bounce,j2~fast rifle,j3~charge for 44%

Fortress of Solitude Laboratory meterless from starship:
starship,j2~rifle,j2~fast rifle,dash 12~bounce,j2~slow rifle,j3~charge - 52%
starship,j2~rifle,j2~fast rifle,dash 12~bounce,j2~slow rifle, dash under opponent 123 - 49% + opponent is almost back to the corner + HK for trait summon etc
or an eithier one:
starship,j2~rifle,j2~fast rifle,dash 12~bounce,123 - 47% + HK for trait summon etc

also 22 has enough + on hit to let you actually combo starship in it, so you can cross up opponent, do 22~starship and it will be a combo.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Okay I'll update this thread in a few minutes.

I also found a corner interactable setup that works really well:

I'm sure Grundy's wakeup Walking Corpse will beat it, but I don't know if any others will. Maybe Shazam teleport?

AK Pig Of The Hut

^you must remember that they cleverly fixed the stage to prevent this from being too stupid. The first time someone is in the right corner and the opponent jumps over, the rock falls on the car and you can't use it for a few moments. So awesome

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Lagoon

Break the pathway on the right corner using MB palm. You can use the canisters to set up an unblockable launcher.

For example, activate trait, mash 4, and toss a canister. The combo would then be...

Canister -> 4 -> Bite -> b+3 -> jump 3 -> 1,2,3 -> MB palm

47%

^in that same corner you can do the exact same kinda thing as you can on the upstairs part. You can't get a full combo.though the best Ive got is iazc after the canister hits. However you can probably mb low laser too

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
Experimenting on Atlantis, (I personally hate it for Zod, but Supes and Doomsday are common matches for me) and I found out that D1 xx interactable bounce works on hit. Now we have MUCH scarier punish options from a 7f mid, depending on the stage.

Anyone know how + or - we are on block from background bounces?

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
So Fortress of Solitude Laboratory is becoming one of my favourite stages.

As most of you know, the teleport interactable on the right hand side will extend your combo but only if your opponent is in a juggle state. When your opponent hits the top half of Phantom Strike's hitbox (mid combo or raw), it sets a high enough juggle state that you can mash interactable, and the teleport will grab them, letting you continue the combo and summon trait for free. Considering most of us end our combos with PS, I figured it could prove pretty useful. Will record vids of this later today.

AK Pig Of The Hut
EGP Wonder_Chef
SimSim
NY_Jailhouse

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
So Fortress of Solitude Laboratory is becoming one of my favourite stages.

As most of you know, the teleport interactable on the right hand side will extend your combo but only if your opponent is in a juggle state. When your opponent hits the top half of Phantom Strike's hitbox (mid combo or raw), it sets a high enough juggle state that you can mash interactable, and the teleport will grab them, letting you continue the combo and summon trait for free. Considering most of us end our combos with PS, I figured it could prove pretty useful. Will record vids of this later today.

AK Pig Of The Hut
EGP Wonder_Chef
SimSim
NY_Jailhouse
ahh i usually do f213 ender into it but didnt know it works off ps, thanks

ALSO IT WORKS FULL SCREEN OFF SIDE ARM

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
ahh i usually do f213 ender into it but didnt know it works off ps, thanks

ALSO IT WORKS FULL SCREEN OFF SIDE ARM
Wait, Side arm doesn't even juggle them when they are grounded? Do you mean after a mb laser/while they jump, then side arm? PS seems like a 1 or 2 frame to me:p

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Wait, Side arm doesn't even juggle them when they are grounded? Do you mean after a mb laser/while they jump, then side arm? PS seems like a 1 or 2 frame to me:p
well check this out

i noticed with other characters if you hit a person in the air w side arm you can interact w teleport thing full screen away

btw im about to stream if you wanna check it out and talk

twitch.tv/streamofthehut

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
Forget about interactable combos guys! Background bounces as enders is where it is at:
As I showed in my resent video, ending a combo in bacground bounce, trait activation, dash, neutral jump, is a perfect way to start you trait pressure completely on to of them in a safe and advantageous way.

I explored the BGB's further, and they seem to be great enders for combos even with out having trait ready:
By doing bgb (wait 0.1 sec), forward dash, forward dash back to where the opponent landed you can either do neutral jump 1,2 or 3.

j2 and 3 will cross up on the neutral jump every time and neutral jump 1 will not cross up.

Also, on stages where you start with a back ground bounce in the middle of the screen (Or in neutral game ofc), you can option select with: f2[interactable]13.
AK Pig Of The Hut

Edit: It seems that if you dash twice and hold up as fast as possible all jumps will cross up, but j1 will land on the same side even when it crosses. What you can do is to just press back 0.1 sec after dashing the 2nd time, you will not cross up with any of the jumps. In other words; you can control if you cross up or not.

flipkev

Tank Top Guy
Forget about interactable combos guys! Background bounces as enders is where it is at:

Edit: It seems that if you dash twice and hold up as fast as possible all jumps will cross up, but j1 will land on the same side even when it crosses. What you can do is to just press back 0.1 sec after dashing the 2nd time, you will not cross up with any of the jumps. In other words; you can control if you cross up or not.
Is the dash timing cross up the same as off a grounded B1,2,3? I'll try to add this to my game, thank you sir!