What's new

Guide General Strategy Guide Continued

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I used to use Cyber sub a long time ago until my game memory got deleted. Finally I went through the story mode and tried out Quan, but I still have a hard time learning a brand new character. So ive decided to try picking cyber sub back up, and this guide will help tremendously!

Thanks again

Zoidberg747

So in the bomb trap, if you substitute dash into 2,1,1+2 with 3,4(into slide) does that only affect the damage of the combos or does it makes it easier to block? I ask because i couldnt quite get the timing down on 2,1 1+2, but 3,4 slide worked fine and still brought the total damage to around 45%

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
So in the bomb trap, if you substitute dash into 2,1,1+2 with 3,4(into slide) does that only affect the damage of the combos or does it makes it easier to block? I ask because i couldnt quite get the timing down on 2,1 1+2, but 3,4 slide worked fine and still brought the total damage to around 45%
Do you mean after you land :u:bk after a JIP then into mid bomb, then trap them in a :bp:fp:bp+:fp string, bomb pops up, then into :fk:bk Slide?

Because if you do, and it works for you, then thats absolutely fine. I can't remember what the damage is from the video I posted, but if your combo works for you, then great :)

Zoidberg747

No i meant can you substitute the 212+1 with the 3,4. Although I already realize I cant do that, so I just use the 212+2

Thanks for the response though.

UsedForGlue

Updated:

Best Normals
Pressure
NJP Hit confirmation
Old Hat Pressure
X-Ray
Bomb Set up (Glue Trap)
Teleport pressure reset

I asked for my guide to be stickied on the CSZ forum, but it was refused by Altire in favour of sticking his own guide that he says he will be putting up soon.

But I hope this guide has helped allot of you and continues to do so. Thanks guys.

I will still be updating.

UsedForGlue

Edited a bomb set up from :r:bp:bp:fp

After testing:

If the opponent is blocking low when you do this string and you deploy the bomb, it will not freeze. But, the string does jail them in whatever block position they are in, so if they are standing during the string and you deploy the bomb, it will freeze them if it hits them, even if they change their block stance to crouch when the bomb is deployed.

UsedForGlue

I will be updating some more of my Active bomb set ups towards the corner, and working off non active bombs also. I also have a 46% corner combo that starts with a JIP and ends with a non Active bomb, but on a blocked :ex dive kick, it will launch for another combo, still needs work, as it is only character specific.

I have a few little things in the works too, but it all needs more time, but please, don't get too bogged down in the colourful and technical aspect of the character, you can win easily by rushing down with 50/50 slide pressure, dive kick :ex punishing, and dive kick fear conditioning.

Remember, this is how I play the character, and what runs through my head when I am fighting, don't get this confused with a 100% set way to play the character, take what is here, and find your own way to use him, it will work out much better, and spend time, like any main.

Frigid_Alloy

Their blood will freeze in my hands!
Great guide. Shout out to all those who share the knowledge. (Thanks to all the guides in this community, I have been able to pick up CSZ rather quickly and bring the pain online.)

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
A standing 3 makes pokes whiff. I have no video atm ;_; but @RedReaper can attest to this fact.

It can also combo into 33 or 34 so yeah...

....woop woop.

;_; maaan no one even keeps track of this character except for like 3 people ;_;

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
UsedForGlue
J360

b+2
and standing 3....

I use these for anti-poke setups and I use b+2 against characters that CSZ would like to stay near and divekick for characters that I want to stay away from.

Standing 3 is good during the counterpoke game since standing 3 is a low crush.

I have used this against Dab, Lethal Legend, Red Reaper, and other SoCal guys. Discuss?

[/spoiler] inb4 CSZ forums are dead y u talking about him? well discussing him beats pointless threads about other people [/spoiler]

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Question: @UsedForGlue

For the corner what do you guys think of this:
JIP :bp:fp Ice Ball, JIP :bp:fp:bp+:fp, NJP,:bp:fp:bp+:fp, :fk:bk, short ice ball - 43%

the :fk:bk, knocks them such that you can't combo anymore and the short range ice ball scares them (it can't actually hurt them since it rolls too far) so you can either bait the wake up or continue pressure with :bp:fp or :fk:fk to snuff the wake up (doesnt always work so you can get punished by a wake up sometimes)