What's new

General MK9 Frame Data Info

Hi Somberness. Thank you for doing this for the community. It's a big help!

I have some questions that hopefully you wouldn't mind answering. I notice some characters (like Sub Zero) frame data say for Execution: (singular and cumulative). How is this different from other characters frame data where it only says Execution?

Also, I don't quite understand what you mean when you say this about the execution frame number description, "If the move is “3,2” then the execution value would be of “2” only." Why would the execution value be of 2 only?

Thanks again for all your hard work. :)

Somberness

Lights
Hi Somberness. Thank you for doing this for the community. It's a big help!

I have some questions that hopefully you wouldn't mind answering. I notice some characters (like Sub Zero) frame data say for Execution: (singular and cumulative). How is this different from other characters frame data where it only says Execution?

Also, I don't quite understand what you mean when you say this about the execution frame number description, "If the move is “3,2” then the execution value would be of “2” only." Why would the execution value be of 2 only?

Thanks again for all your hard work. :)
The characters that only have one category haven't been updated yet, it is the singular execution. It is the last move of the chain because.. I dunno, it is? Every move has to have an execution.

Somberness, sorry to bug you again, but I'm really struggling to make sense of what was written in the "Useful Formulas" section. I tried to apply the formula using some of Scorpion's data, but things just don't seem to add up for me. Would you give me an example of how you would go about finding a gap in a string, using a character of your choice? I would be grateful if you chose to, and hope it would be okay to ask you other questions if I have any? :)

Somberness

Lights
Somberness, sorry to bug you again, but I'm really struggling to make sense of what was written in the "Useful Formulas" section. I tried to apply the formula using some of Scorpion's data, but things just don't seem to add up for me. Would you give me an example of how you would go about finding a gap in a string, using a character of your choice? I would be grateful if you chose to, and hope it would be okay to ask you other questions if I have any? :)
Take the cancel advantage and subtract the execution of last move (either normal or special). Scorpion's F214 execution is 26 and F21 has a cancel advantage of +24 on block. That would work out to 24-26 = -2, or a 2 frame gap. Any negative number means there is a gap. You can also switch the numbers around so that any positive number is a gap. Remember if the execution is lower than the cancel advantage and the hitbox makes contact in time, that there is no gap.

It makes sense now. Thanks for the explanation. Also I notice you use the ~ and ≥ symbols in some of the values in the frame data. Are you using them as 'variable' and 'greater than or equal to' signs respectively?

Somberness

Lights
Is there frame data for full duration air projectiles like Kabal gas blast, Mileena sai blast , Skarlet air daggers and etc?
I don't have any accurate numbers yet, but I am starting to add them in their individual threads when I update them.

Seapeople

This one's for you
This is probably a dumb question, but since unblocking takes 1 frame wouldn't that mean that poking out of pressure with a 6 frame d1 would really take 7 frames?

Somberness any chance you'll do walk speed rank after 10 - 15f? I've noticed characters like sektor have different walk speeds at the start of their walk. Also, any chance you'd give us the numbers for walk speed so we can compare them like you did for dash?

Somberness

Lights
Somberness any chance you'll do walk speed rank after 10 - 15f? I've noticed characters like sektor have different walk speeds at the start of their walk. Also, any chance you'd give us the numbers for walk speed so we can compare them like you did for dash?
I don't really want to do it after a certain amount of frames like a dash is because the character's animations while walking don't match up well enough. Instead, I just do it until I reach the wall/other character. I would have done dash like this but it would be too difficult to set up the right distance. I'd like to separate it so that there would be 2 categories. 1 would be the beginning of walk, I think this is important enough to categorize each character. The 2nd would be speed after that, or just overall. I'd also like to make it seem less arbitrary and post numbers, but I didn't like how some characters had fast walking speed after a certain amount of frames.

Kenshi and Reptile back walk speed example. If I had numbers in the op, Reptile would be first with "76" while Kenshi would be 7th with "79". If I took only the beginning of the walk into account, Reptile would have "35" but Kenshi would be ranked higher with "32". This means Kenshi is 9% faster initially but for a long distance, Reptile is 4% faster. All going by the parameters I have set up, of course.

I don't really want to do it after a certain amount of frames like a dash is because the character's animations while walking don't match up well enough. Instead, I just do it until I reach the wall/other character. I would have done dash like this but it would be too difficult to set up the right distance. I'd like to separate it so that there would be 2 categories. 1 would be the beginning of walk, I think this is important enough to categorize each character. The 2nd would be speed after that, or just overall. I'd also like to make it seem less arbitrary and post numbers, but I didn't like how some characters had fast walking speed after a certain amount of frames.

Kenshi and Reptile back walk speed example. If I had numbers in the op, Reptile would be first with "76" while Kenshi would be 7th with "79". If I took only the beginning of the walk into account, Reptile would have "35" but Kenshi would be ranked higher with "32". This means Kenshi is 9% faster initially but for a long distance, Reptile is 4% faster. All going by the parameters I have set up, of course.
Cool, so you're gonna update OP? I've also found that Kratos stage is great for measuring distance because of the floor tiles, but I hear you got 360. And what unit are you using that makes 32 is 9% faster than 35?

Somberness

Lights
Cool, so you're gonna update OP? I've also found that Kratos stage is great for measuring distance because of the floor tiles, but I hear you got 360. And what unit are you using that makes 32 is 9% faster than 35?
I have both. Floor markers would be good if the camera didn't move and the characters walked the same way. I would just be guessing where their hitbox was at any certain point. The numbers are in frames so 32 would be 3 less than 35.. 3/32 turns out to a 9% difference.

Aidan

The Marvelous Meter Man
Somberness
Does cancel advantage outweigh block advantage?
For example, if I cancel into a special that has 10 execution frames, 20 duration frames and is 0 block off a move with +25 cancel advantage am I now +5 if the special connects or am I still 0?

Somberness
I just wanted to be sure, but does something like Smoke's shake have an execution value of 2 frames? Since you say the start up frames for this specific move is 1.

Desperdicio

Tell me, do you bleed?
Is there any way to calculate the cancel advantage using the other info -startup, recovery, etc.-? Because I'd like to know for Injustice.

Last edited: