What's new

Gears of War 4 matchmaking and strategy thread

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
With GoW 4 just around the corner(October 7th if preordered, October 11th if not) I wanted to gauge interest and see who will be playing the game. Feel free to share tips and tricks for newer players or to set up games with more experienced Gears players. I personally could not be more excited and I look forward to playing with anyone who's interested.

Now make like a frisbee, and discus

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I'm going to rocking my gnasher come day one.

I have to pre order first though. Been slacking hardcore.

Revenant Zero

Death Comes
Apologize with reviving the thread but GoW4 is still new and need some help if anyone wants to join.

My friends and I are trying to run Horde Mode 1-50 and pretty much FC the game. Would appreciate the help :)

For Horde we have:
Failure: Engineer
Eric: Scout/Sniper
Revenant: Soldier/Heavy (has Mortar Strike)

Revenant Scrub Strat:
As a Heavy, you are the big guns, the literal heavy hitter. You should be in the combat zone assisting the sniper in killing heavy targets such as the Scions, Guardians and Swarm Soldiers. You will be going into battle with best loadout weapons imo.

Loadout:
Boomshot
Boltok
Retro Lancer

First and foremost, you have an ability that increases damage as you mark targets and deal damage. I will use the Retro Lancer, break from cover and give suppressive shots to Scions (Mulchers, Buzzsaws, Boomers and etc.) and eliminate them immediately before they rush in. Scions are able to empower the smaller swarm soldiers and it is imperative to thin these tanks. When tanks are closer to where the fabricator are, they are more likely to ruin the morale and cause your team to make idiotic mistakes or lose their ground. When the Retro Lancer has been depleted of ammo or you need to thin soldiers or scions as they cluster, bring out the boomshot. The Boomshot is a launcher weapon which can be upgraded to do +100% damage and increase the capacity of the ammo clip. The Boomshot is an iconic power weapon and so it should go without saying what you should do but in case you forget or don't know; shoot the ground near the enemy than the enemy head on. Last in your arsenal is the boltok, looks can be deceiving and the boltok is no joke. Active reloaded and picking up the perk that increase damage for the side weapons, the Boltok can be a good switch when faced with an upclose Scion or Swarm soldier. The Boltok has the ability to stun/stagger the enemies and with that you can either finish it with the boltok, down them and use them as a meatshield or switch to your main/secondary weapons for the kill.

Trump Card:
The Mortar Strike is your ace in the hole. Costing 6500 credits, this beautiful card will literally rain hellfire on the enemy. While tested in the field as a useless boss killer, it can kill from Wave 1-2 depending on the boss. (Swarmak was killed in Wave 10 with just 1 Strike, Swarmak survived 4 in the proceeding Wave 20+)
During the Boss wave, many smaller enemies will try to swarm your base, when 2-3 people are down and the enemies are literally grounded in your spawn, call in the strike and the smaller enemies from Soldiers to Scions will be obliterated. This gives your team to revive, regroup and relocate or set up again for the next batch of spawning enemies. You can call as many as you can (depending on the credits), for me I will hold onto at least 6500+ credits and call in one strike in the middle of a boss waves just to lighten my teams load so we can focus on major enemies, like the Kestral, Swarmak or Snatcher (the last one is very deadly... annoying...)

Last edited: