What's new

Garauntee all 3 charges and stay at advantage!

TheLewis

Noob
What if I told you can gaurantee all 3 charges of db2 and stay at advantage?!

If you cancel db2 as close to the 3rd charge as possible it takes ~120 frames. If you amplify bf1 (time freeze) you get 169 frames of advantage. Meaning if you start db2 immediately after freezing someone with bf1 amplify, you can cancel it right after the 3rd charge and stuff even a 6 frame d1 with f212.

Math:
+169 hit adv - 1 startup db2 - 120 charge - 19 cancel recovery - 11 startup f2 = +18 frames adv!

Example:
Ji2, 11 x bf1 amp, db2 (3 charges) cancel, f21 ...

It doesnt combo but your opponent is jailed and can only block. They even try a 6 frame d1 and you will punish them. Now just end your combos with f1,1+3,db2,1 for the KB and 50% damage anywhere.

Note: I labbed this all day and even though the math says +18 its a tight window. Mainly because you lose frames starting db2 right after bf1 amp and you lose frames if you dont cancel as soon as that 3rd charge hits BUT THIS DOES GARAUNTEE ALL 3 CHARGES WHILE KEEPING IT YOUR TURN! Enjoy.

Last edited:

TheLewis

Noob
OMG Ive been smashing kids with this. After the cancel Im doing F2,2,1+3 and im getting the KB on punish while saving the DB2 KB. Next hit I end with F1,1+3 x DB2,1 and its the round.

Last edited:

nodq

wicked
You guys keep saying DB1. Are you sure you all mean DB1? Isn't it DB2? just to be clear, it is kinda confusing.

Edit: anyway. Cool find. Maybe I will play Geras now, he becomes more and more interesting. Or overpowered I should say?

Last edited:

OzzFoxx

Hardcore gaming poser.
This is cool, but is it more advantageous than the two combos you gave up to use this? If a bf1 amp combo does 300, then two of those is 600. Doing a 100 combo w charge, then a 500 w KB seems to be even, right? I’m not super familiar w this variation, am I missing something?

Parge

Noob
This is cool, but is it more advantageous than the two combos you gave up to use this? If a bf1 amp combo does 300, then two of those is 600. Doing a 100 combo w charge, then a 500 w KB seems to be even, right? I’m not super familiar w this variation, am I missing something?
A full db2 charge increases the damage of your d2 as well, going from 140 to 230 damage which is a pretty substansial damage increase considering he gets two d2s in all bf1 amp combos. Not to mention the buff stays for the entire game until you use the db2 KB. This is definitely worth it.

Last edited:

TheLewis

Noob
A full db2 charge increases the damage of your d2 as well, going from 140 to 230 damage which is a pretty substansial damage increase considering he gets two d2s in all bf1 amp combos. Not to mention the buff stays for the entire game until you use the db2 KB. This is definitely worth it.
You do sacrifice your damage but you get it all back as he states here. Plus you do keep your pressure or even punish them if they try to push buttons, leading to your other KBs or you can even cash out your DB2 by ending any combo with F1,1+3 x DB2,1 if you can seal the round right then and there.

OzzFoxx

Hardcore gaming poser.
You do sacrifice your damage but you get it all back as he states here. Plus you do keep your pressure or even punish them if they try to push buttons, leading to your other KBs or you can even cash out your DB2 by ending any combo with F1,1+3 x DB2,1 if you can seal the round right then and there.
Yeah I was wondering if the mind games involved with having a charged fist was a big advantage, seems so