What's new

Gaming Wishlists That Will Probably Never Happen

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
Let's have some conversation up in here.
  • Mortal Kombat 9 Remaster
  • Jade Empire 2
  • Fallout: New Vegas 2
  • Timesplitters Trilogy Remaster
  • No One Lives For Ever 1+2 HD for console
  • War Gods 2
  • From Russia With Love HD (R.I.P. Sean Connery)
  • Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines for console
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1+2 Remaster
  • Star Wars: The Old Republic for console
  • Splinter Cell Collection
  • Virtua Fighter 6
  • WET 2
  • New Turok

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
  • Sly Cooper in Smash Bros
  • A Marvel Guest Character in Mortal Kombat
  • an Arcsys Fate/Stay Night fighting game
  • Knights of the Old Republic 3
  • Persona 3 Remake
  • Shaolin Monks 2
  • A high budget anime Iron Man Game

Total War 40k
Darkwatch 2
Half Life 3
Republic Commando 2
New Splinter Cell
MK vs KI
And insert every neglected Nintendo property here

Funny enough, 2 things I would have had on this list are actually happening.
Mass Effect Trilogy and an ArcSys fighter with rollback. Sometimes dreams do come true folks.

Art Lean

Noob
Forgot about this thread, and there’s actually been an update on my nomination. Ubisoft are doing an open world Star Wars game at last so maybe my aforementioned dream of a Wildlands/GTA-style Star Wars game will come true now! :rolleyes:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Some of your wishlists are mine so i won't add them here

but here is a game that i'ts dead and i hope they remake, so a sequel whatever with current technology, would be one hel of a game:

SHINOBIDO SEQUEL/REMAKE

Shinobido Imashime: was the most Ninja simulator i ever played, and i wish acquire could really just take another look at this project and develop something for current gens.

If you praise Sekiro and Ghost of Tsuchima, you would love Shinobido.
The game puts you on a role of a Ninja named Goh from the arashi clan, and in the game you serve under 3 feudal rival lords, meaning you are basically a neutral mercenary with no aligeance to anyone, so you can enter any lord region and have their army as your enemy.

The goal of the game is to finish the story mode without killing ANY of the lords, and i can tell you, that is quite the challenge, because they are trying to kill each other as the story progresses.
Each lord will give you a different mission to enter their rival territory.
Being a Ninja, the game gives you some amazing perks:
Your mobility is off the charts, your running speed it's insane, run on walls, jump from cliffs, or climb into rooftops effortless, and you can jump higher than regular samurais which are the most common type of enemies.
Goh has stealth kill ability and he can stealth kill ANYTHING in the game even boss and final bosses.
Goh has item wheels, which he can decide what type of equipment you can take on missions, this includes makishibis(caltrops), shurikens, kunais, granades, grapling hook, potions, bombs and what else.

He also picks up stuff during missons.

He is also an expert in alchemy, so the game has a mechanic that allows you to make potions/grenades and poisons/poisoned items, to various and different effects like:
Speed - Increase the speed of who drinks it or takes damage, the time it lasts depends on how good your knowledge of it is, as there are items to increase duration.
When you drink the speed potion, you become the fastest character in the game moving at unrealistic speeds.
Slow - As the speed, you can create poision, grenates or potions to slow yourself or others down.
Deadly poison - self explanatory

Confusion - This dangerous effect can make the world spin to anyone who drinks it, even if you do it becomes hella weird and you won't be able to see where you are going.
Explosive damage - Self explanatory.

The depth of this game goes beyond alchemy, the enemy and mission system is also insane.
As the story progresses, your enemy becomes tougher, there are missions that you can take to steal a piece of technology which if you deliver to any feudal lord, that tech will later be used against you.
For example, later in the games, the samurais will get blueprints for archery, meaning bow and arrows, then crossbows and guns. You will be given the chance to be the one carrying the plans, stealing it or protecting depending on how well the story is going for you and how the relationship with the lords are when related to you.

If you decide that neither the lords should have such tech, then you can keep it, but if you do, they will send you messages and warings and even will hire other people to break into your house and take the plans from you.

The game has a food system, just as weapon blueprints, as in any war, no war was won with empty belly, so the game gives you the chance to sabotage food delivery to any region you decide to affect by stealing their shipment before it arrives, if you do. A destined area will face starvation.
With starvation, the enemies on that area become weaker, distracted and will literally eat anything they see as edible, which then you can craft poisous rice, exploding rice, to kill enemies by throwing them tampered food.

The enemies levels also changes their stats and perks and their combinations it's something you don't see on todays games:

Samurais - Pretty standard and will see you on the ground, hard to fight head on due to their numbers, but vulnerable to stealth tatics, their tracking skills is shit.

Savages - Are a different time of foot soldiers, they use clubs instead of swords, can't remember what they were good at

Archers - These guys have great eye and will aim well if seeing you moving around, while as vulnerable as Regular Samurais, they give Goh some challenge when trying to play stealth.

Later on Archers get upgraded to gunslingers and will shoot you on sight, which makes even harder to play and you stealth has to be absolute in most cases.

Yojimbos - those are more skilled warriors, which are considered as Body Guards, some damios in the game which you get missions to kill them tend to hire them for personal protection, Yojimo's skills surpass a regular samurai as only one it's almost impossible to fight head on.

Bear - Sometimes wild animals appear in the game.

Ninja class
Yes, you thought you had an edge right? Wrong, later on, Ninjas enter the country looking for work and make your life a living hell.
Just as goh, they have all your perks, they are dificult to be spotted due camouflage, they are just as fast while running, they are silent AF, they are hard to stealth kill, they can run in walls, jump off cliffs, stay on rooftops and wait for it... they can also make alchemy items just as you do to either give themselves powerups, or to jynx your status effects, and the best part they come in numbers.

There are 3 types of Ninja class in Shinobido, i find the later to be the most annoying:
1 - Mosu Ninja - A Clan of Kunoichis (Female Ninjas) led by Ageha, Usuba and a third girl which Goh kills first in one their boss fights. The mosu Ninja have the Kage Bunshin skill, meaning their lider can multiply themselves into multiple clones, it's annoying to fight them head on. The common goons of this Clan cannot be stealth killed if you are not airborne and they are unaware of your presence. Standard Stealth kill doesn't work.

2 - Taraba Ninja - These guys are annoying and impossible to fight head on, they were an insane armor which sword won't penetrate, you have to stealth kill or avoid, tarabas are big and make a lot of noise, which makes the easier to avoid, but considering their natural ability to fight head on, it's recomendable to avoid face on matches against them.

3 - Kenobi Ninja - Oh god, here it comes, the most annoying Ninja AI on any ninja AI game even today, picture Ninja Gaiden Black Hardest dificulty on Hayabusa Village, with everything you can do but none of what Hayabusa does. They dress like the Ninjas of the 80's on a green Gi, at evening it's pretty hard to spot them, they can make potions, and grenades, they would have been the most deadly Ninjas in the game (they are) but the downgrade is they talk alot, so you can heard them talking and usually pin point their location.

The worst is getting caught by them, which they attack on numbers with every type of poison effect they might have, and make your life a nightmre, they are very hard to shake off and are very tough to face on, the worst is when you refuse a job ad protector, and then you take the mission to steal something you were being hired to protect, and the previous lord hires this fucking clan on guard duty, it's a fucking nightmare.

There is also a day/night system, all missions are deployed at night, but when sun is almost up, you will get a warining, i never stayed until sun was up so i dunno what happens if you do, i imagine you will be easily spotted and you won't be able to hide anywhere since you where dark clothes which helps you to hide at night.

Base
Goh has a base where he rests during the day, can take missions and even set traps as the place is often invated by savages, and sometimes if you held onto something, expect samurais, ninjas and yojimbos to invade your house.

Character switch
There is a girl Kinu that helps you later on and you can switch for a different playstyle.

I have talked alot about this game, and hopefully you guys read it, if you do, you guys will understand why i praise this game a lot and why i expect for Acquire to bring it back in some way for PS5 or whatever, it was just the most Ninja simulator i ever seen.

Last edited:

Onryoki

We all die alone. So love yourself before you go.
My wish list is for DOA to thrive and leave the whole “titty fighter” image behind themselves and focus on the actual fanbase who’s supporting the game competitively. Because it’s actually a really good and fun fighter.

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
New Splinter Cell
I wish for this too!

The closest to this sadly is the Ghost Recon Wildlands Splinter Cell mission & a 63 year-old Sam being playable in Rainbow Six Siege, with the latter he’s so incredibly lacklustre with the nearly 20 years of Splinter Cell gear & abilities to pick from.

kantboy-2

Ripper
A 'real' Star Control III made by Toys for Bob

X-Men vs Street Fighter (anniversary edition) - a remastered port of the arcade original AND a special edition with 7 new characters; all characters with the same level of animation, new specials and supers, rollback netcode for online play.

* I would mention VF6, but it's already happening and I'm stoked for it.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Lost Odyssey remaster or rerelease, including a PC release

The Last Remnant remaster comes to PC

KotoR 1/2 remaster

FFX-3 prequel about Jecht/Braska/Auron

Diablo 4 ends up actually being good and gives PoE some competition

MK: Shaolin Monks 2

Hemlock

Noob
+1 on Virtua Fighter 6

Capcom Vs SNK 2 remake

Intelligent Qube sequel

A deductive/spy game like Resistance/Mafia/Werewolf with some magical AI

Bushido Blade HD

Skate or Die sequel

A fighting game RPG where you slowly build your character stats, moves, and movement. (in the beginning of the game you just move, then you learn how to crouch, then learn how to block standing, then block low, then throw a jab, etc)

Zviko

Noob
Maybe? I'll have to check that out.
It's turn based like XCOM (I think, never played XCOM). If you ever heard of Divinity Original Sin 2. It's exactly like that but with D&D 5e rules. It's currently in Early Access though so it will take a few months still to be fully released. I'm pretty sure that's exactly what you want.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
It's turn based like XCOM (I think, never played XCOM). If you ever heard of Divinity Original Sin 2. It's exactly like that but with D&D 5e rules. It's currently in Early Access though so it will take a few months still to be fully released. I'm pretty sure that's exactly what you want.
Awesome, that sounds perfect.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
Some of your wishlists are mine so i won't add them here

but here is a game that i'ts dead and i hope they remake, so a sequel whatever with current technology, would be one hel of a game:

SHINOBIDO SEQUEL/REMAKE

Shinobido Imashime: was the most Ninja simulator i ever played, and i wish acquire could really just take another look at this project and develop something for current gens.

If you praise Sekiro and Ghost of Tsuchima, you would love Shinobido.
The game puts you on a role of a Ninja named Goh from the arashi clan, and in the game you serve under 3 feudal rival lords, meaning you are basically a neutral mercenary with no aligeance to anyone, so you can enter any lord region and have their army as your enemy.

The goal of the game is to finish the story mode without killing ANY of the lords, and i can tell you, that is quite the challenge, because they are trying to kill each other as the story progresses.
Each lord will give you a different mission to enter their rival territory.
Being a Ninja, the game gives you some amazing perks:
Your mobility is off the charts, your running speed it's insane, run on walls, jump from cliffs, or climb into rooftops effortless, and you can jump higher than regular samurais which are the most common type of enemies.
Goh has stealth kill ability and he can stealth kill ANYTHING in the game even boss and final bosses.
Goh has item wheels, which he can decide what type of equipment you can take on missions, this includes makishibis(caltrops), shurikens, kunais, granades, grapling hook, potions, bombs and what else.

He also picks up stuff during missons.

He is also an expert in alchemy, so the game has a mechanic that allows you to make potions/grenades and poisons/poisoned items, to various and different effects like:
Speed - Increase the speed of who drinks it or takes damage, the time it lasts depends on how good your knowledge of it is, as there are items to increase duration.
When you drink the speed potion, you become the fastest character in the game moving at unrealistic speeds.
Slow - As the speed, you can create poision, grenates or potions to slow yourself or others down.
Deadly poison - self explanatory

Confusion - This dangerous effect can make the world spin to anyone who drinks it, even if you do it becomes hella weird and you won't be able to see where you are going.
Explosive damage - Self explanatory.

The depth of this game goes beyond alchemy, the enemy and mission system is also insane.
As the story progresses, your enemy becomes tougher, there are missions that you can take to steal a piece of technology which if you deliver to any feudal lord, that tech will later be used against you.
For example, later in the games, the samurais will get blueprints for archery, meaning bow and arrows, then crossbows and guns. You will be given the chance to be the one carrying the plans, stealing it or protecting depending on how well the story is going for you and how the relationship with the lords are when related to you.

If you decide that neither the lords should have such tech, then you can keep it, but if you do, they will send you messages and warings and even will hire other people to break into your house and take the plans from you.

The game has a food system, just as weapon blueprints, as in any war, no war was won with empty belly, so the game gives you the chance to sabotage food delivery to any region you decide to affect by stealing their shipment before it arrives, if you do. A destined area will face starvation.
With starvation, the enemies on that area become weaker, distracted and will literally eat anything they see as edible, which then you can craft poisous rice, exploding rice, to kill enemies by throwing them tampered food.

The enemies levels also changes their stats and perks and their combinations it's something you don't see on todays games:

Samurais - Pretty standard and will see you on the ground, hard to fight head on due to their numbers, but vulnerable to stealth tatics, their tracking skills is shit.

Savages - Are a different time of foot soldiers, they use clubs instead of swords, can't remember what they were good at

Archers - These guys have great eye and will aim well if seeing you moving around, while as vulnerable as Regular Samurais, they give Goh some challenge when trying to play stealth.

Later on Archers get upgraded to gunslingers and will shoot you on sight, which makes even harder to play and you stealth has to be absolute in most cases.

Yojimbos - those are more skilled warriors, which are considered as Body Guards, some damios in the game which you get missions to kill them tend to hire them for personal protection, Yojimo's skills surpass a regular samurai as only one it's almost impossible to fight head on.

Bear - Sometimes wild animals appear in the game.

Ninja class
Yes, you thought you had an edge right? Wrong, later on, Ninjas enter the country looking for work and make your life a living hell.
Just as goh, they have all your perks, they are dificult to be spotted due camouflage, they are just as fast while running, they are silent AF, they are hard to stealth kill, they can run in walls, jump off cliffs, stay on rooftops and wait for it... they can also make alchemy items just as you do to either give themselves powerups, or to jynx your status effects, and the best part they come in numbers.

There are 3 types of Ninja class in Shinobido, i find the later to be the most annoying:
1 - Mosu Ninja - A Clan of Kunoichis (Female Ninjas) led by Ageha, Usuba and a third girl which Goh kills first in one their boss fights. The mosu Ninja have the Kage Bunshin skill, meaning their lider can multiply themselves into multiple clones, it's annoying to fight them head on. The common goons of this Clan cannot be stealth killed if you are not airborne and they are unaware of your presence. Standard Stealth kill doesn't work.

2 - Taraba Ninja - These guys are annoying and impossible to fight head on, they were an insane armor which sword won't penetrate, you have to stealth kill or avoid, tarabas are big and make a lot of noise, which makes the easier to avoid, but considering their natural ability to fight head on, it's recomendable to avoid face on matches against them.

3 - Kenobi Ninja - Oh god, here it comes, the most annoying Ninja AI on any ninja AI game even today, picture Ninja Gaiden Black Hardest dificulty on Hayabusa Village, with everything you can do but none of what Hayabusa does. They dress like the Ninjas of the 80's on a green Gi, at evening it's pretty hard to spot them, they can make potions, and grenades, they would have been the most deadly Ninjas in the game (they are) but the downgrade is they talk alot, so you can heard them talking and usually pin point their location.

The worst is getting caught by them, which they attack on numbers with every type of poison effect they might have, and make your life a nightmre, they are very hard to shake off and are very tough to face on, the worst is when you refuse a job ad protector, and then you take the mission to steal something you were being hired to protect, and the previous lord hires this fucking clan on guard duty, it's a fucking nightmare.

There is also a day/night system, all missions are deployed at night, but when sun is almost up, you will get a warining, i never stayed until sun was up so i dunno what happens if you do, i imagine you will be easily spotted and you won't be able to hide anywhere since you where dark clothes which helps you to hide at night.

Base
Goh has a base where he rests during the day, can take missions and even set traps as the place is often invated by savages, and sometimes if you held onto something, expect samurais, ninjas and yojimbos to invade your house.

Character switch
There is a girl Kinu that helps you later on and you can switch for a different playstyle.

I have talked alot about this game, and hopefully you guys read it, if you do, you guys will understand why i praise this game a lot and why i expect for Acquire to bring it back in some way for PS5 or whatever, it was just the most Ninja simulator i ever seen.
I literally logged in just to say we need a proper sequel to this game. I am happy you gave such a detailed description of it, cause I am too lazy to do it, but that game is so amazing. It's frustrating so few people have played it, it definitely is one of my favourite games of all times, just incredible, yet it doesn't seem it was so successful. It had so many layers to it, I don't think there is a better ninja game than this, but just imagine how amazing it could be in the current generation. Im really glad to see there's at least someone who loves the game as much as I do.

PS: Also, a proper Bushido Blade sequel would be amazing.

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
SiN, one of the games I've been wanting to get remastered is finally happening. I hope the remaster of the SiN series comes to console & really fucking hope they don't make "correct" changes especially to Elexis Sinclaire.

Now, I hope they remaster Darkwatch: Curse of the West. With the popularity with Red Dead Redemption 2, horror games & such why not bring back the original video game undead outlaw, vampire gunfighter Jericho Cross? The game has two of my favorite voice actors: Jennifer Hale & Keith Szarabajka.

I would love Scarface: The World Is Yours remaster, it was an amazing game & I loved it because it wasn't just a Grand Theft Auto clone, there was a lot of uniqueness to it & it was really funny without it being ridiculously silly like Saints Row & you just can't go on massacring the public either.

Last edited: