What's new

Gaming monitor suggestions?

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
Been playin this and all my xbox games on my Sony XBR 900f, supposed to have a legit gaming mode, but I keep hearing any gaming monitor will still be superior for smoother play.

Any suggestions out there? Never bought one before. Thanks.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Dont do what i did and get the model they had available order a benq ZERO ms lag monitor

Zer0_h0ur

What refresh rate would yall suggest? Higher the better? Isn't the game on console only 60 fps?

What refresh rate would yall suggest? Higher the better? Isn't the game on console only 60 fps?
The game runs at 60 fps, yes. But I would recommend a 144 hz monitor in case you want something more future proof (PC gaming, for example). I currently have this monitor:

https://www.amazon.com.mx/gp/product/B0792Q9ZZX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I think it's discontinued but you can get these other similar ones:
They're a little pricey but imo they're worth the money and can last you a long time. If you ever game on PC and go above 60 fps you will never go back lol. I'm not really a fan of TN monitors because of their limited viewing angles. The first monitor I listed is an IPS panel so you get better colours and doesn't suffer from bad viewing angles.

Zer0_h0ur

The game runs at 60 fps, yes. But I would recommend a 144 hz monitor in case you want something more future proof (PC gaming, for example). I currently have this monitor:

https://www.amazon.com.mx/gp/product/B0792Q9ZZX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I think it's discontinued but you can get these other similar ones:
They're a little pricey but imo they're worth the money and can last you a long time. If you ever game on PC and go above 60 fps you will never go back lol. I'm not really a fan of TN monitors because of their limited viewing angles. The first monitor I listed is an IPS panel so you get better colours and doesn't suffer from bad viewing angles.
How is curved any better than flat screen? Thanks for the info man.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
It isn't. It's a preference. Some people seem to find it better.

If you want flat screen I can recommend the acer predator, it's one of my several screens and it's godlike for fighting games and pretty much anything that doesn't need higher than 60 fps

Not really better. It's a preference thing. I got at first cause I never bought a curved screen and this is my first one lol. Imo curved screens are better on bigger screens (32" and above)