Ex Aura Or Ex Aura

• Ex Parry

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Ex Aura

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Why would you not want plus frames? And if they don't tech roll, why would I commit to f4?
But you are already at more advantage with slide than with burst and they and up at a much more favorable range. Not really sure what else to say, its just a worse ender 99% of the time.

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
Like b33 burst, b12 burst. All the pressure tools, if they get hit by burst the tech still applies
Right, sometimes you're going to end in Burst, and when you do, if you're close enough to the corner to still rush them down, great. However, in most cases ending in Slide is better.

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
I'm.not saying to end in burst 24/7. Or even 5 times. I'm saying it's good to chase tech rolls or bait out an armor. Only throw it out for those reasons or if you know it will kill. That's all. If they don't tech roll, even better. Free pressure

rubmytaco

CarriedByClone
After seeing some of the videos here and seeing two Unbreakables in the YUZU tournament last week, I'm starting to think about writing a character guide. I'm seeing a lot of Unbreakable players play him very risky, unsafe and impatient, which is starting to get on my nerves lol. Would you guys be interested in a guide?

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
After seeing some of the videos here and seeing two Unbreakables in the YUZU tournament last week, I'm starting to think about writing a character guide. I'm seeing a lot of Unbreakable players play him very risky, unsafe and impatient, which is starting to get on my nerves lol. Would you guys be interested in a guide?
You should check @Deakins ' Unbreakable Sub Zero. I played him in the BTF 3. He did beat my GM. I'm starting to feel more suppressing after seeing Murko's HF Scorpion and Deakins's UB Sub Zero having their own defensive options raping my corner game. After them, I have had to find a way with my buddy, who played B Kenshi, B Kung Jin and RS Kitana, to scheme a strategy against those with good defensive options.

GGs, @Deakins and @MurkoAiden26 . :)

rubmytaco

CarriedByClone
You should check @Deakins ' Unbreakable Sub Zero. I played him in the BTF 3. He did beat my GM. I'm starting to feel more suppressing after seeing Murko's HF Scorpion and Deakins's UB Sub Zero having their own defensive options raping my corner game. After them, I have had to find a way with my buddy, who played B Kenshi, B Kung Jin and RS Kitana, to scheme a strategy against those with good defensive options.

If you're losing to Unbreakable, you're doing something very wrong. I used to think Unbreakable did OK against Grandmaster, but he gets slaughtered if played right. Unbreakable doesn't have any real defensive options in the corner. If you're talking about parry, you can bait that and get a huge punish.

Edit: I'd like to play him, but I haven't run into him online. The only stuff I have to go by is his sets against mediocre (at best) players.

Last edited:

Tanno

If you're losing to Unbreakable, you're doing something very wrong. I used to think Unbreakable did OK against Grandmaster, but he gets slaughtered if played right. Unbreakable doesn't have any real defensive options in the corner. If you're talking about parry, you can bait that and get a huge punish.
I would love to know where did I do wrong there. I'm a bit of the offensive guy. Since GM is the balanced type, I would say that I'm 60% offensive and 40% defensive. I'm gradually improving myself here for a year now since I bought PS4 and MKX last winter in the competitive level. :(

Yep, I'm talking about his Parry, and Scorpion's flaming aura.

rubmytaco

CarriedByClone
I would love to know where did I do wrong there. I'm a bit of the offensive guy. Since GM is the balanced type, I would say that I'm 60% offensive and 40% defensive. I'm gradually improving myself here for a year now since I bought PS4 and MKX last winter in the competitive level. :(
Play me and I'll show you ;) 90% of the Subs on this website are just too damned impatient and want to rush down all the time. Random slides everywhere and just going balls to the wall 24/7. That's what gets you killed.

Not to make anyone look bad, but the people I've played on here have been pretty well respected or at least people listened to them, and I bodied them all. I'm pretty sure I've played Deakins in the past too and most likely beat him as well. If anyone is down to play, I'll happily play and see where you/I can improve.

Tanno

Play me and I'll show you ;) 90% of the Subs on this website are just too damned impatient and want to rush down all the time. Random slides everywhere and just going balls to the wall 24/7. That's what gets you killed.

Not to make anyone look bad, but the people I've played on here have been pretty well respected or at least people listened to them, and I bodied them all. I'm pretty sure I've played Deakins in the past too and most likely beat him as well. If anyone is down to play, I'll happily play and see where you/I can improve.
Would love to. I might find something that's missing here in my gameplay. I'm just trying to find what's missing here. Note that I'm a deaf person, so I cannot depend on the sounds the game do. When I hear nothing, I'm highly concentrated. Helps me concentrate on my own opponents, since I got used to GMSZ. ;)

wsj515

Would love to. I might find something that's missing here in my gameplay. I'm just trying to find what's missing here. Note that I'm a deaf person, so I cannot depend on the sounds the game do. When I hear nothing, I'm highly concentrated. Helps me concentrate on my own opponents, since I got used to GMSZ. ;)
Deakins is the epitome of the random slide UB player, you probably were trying to be too offensive and as a result was predictable, without respecting aura'd ex slide or parry. There's little UB can do once cornered if you have a clone up and just crouch block.

rubmytaco

CarriedByClone
Deakins is the epitome of the random slide UB player, you probably were trying to be too offensive and as a result was predictable, without respecting aura'd ex slide or parry. There's little UB can do once cornered if you have a clone up and just crouch block.
The only reason I thought unbreakable would do well against gm is the fact that he's one of the few characters that can full combo punish strings canceled into ice clone (with aura). However, you quickly run into the issue of (1) having to get aura up first, thus opening yourself up to rushdown and (2) you don't nearly as much meter as gm.

Not only that, but gm gets MUCH better damage in the corner and doesn't need to use meter to do it. Unbreakable just can't keep up in the match up.

Another thing is the corner options. Unbreakable realistically doesn't have very good options at all. Ex slide and parry can both be baited (s1, pause, 12xxshatter), so if you make the opponent respect that, you'll get room for more mixups.

Deakins

Twitch & Youtube: Mr Deakins

Thanks for the mention pal, I didn't know we had played in the past, was it Unbreakable VS GM or a GM Mirror?

Taco, yup we've played in 2 Euro Kombats last year and both times you eliminated me.

Unbreakables a lot of fun but it will never surpass Grandmaster as the number #1 variation for Sub-Zero or for winning matchups, your ice skating uphill with Unbreakable ;)

Ill play anyone, unless your a troll or if you like moaning about frames online or whatever, its a game to me and its a lot of fun, plus ill slide till Sub-Zero runs outta ice and jump like I did in MK1&2 cause I like to :)
And if I lose cause of that then that's how it goes :) cause ive landed more times then ive missed, just ask the women ive met in my life ;)
but it is getting close to being 50/50 real soon :)

Hello again wsj515, whats your new years resolution gonna be?

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable

Who's in the 10 percent

wsj515

The only reason I thought unbreakable would do well against gm is the fact that he's one of the few characters that can full combo punish strings canceled into ice clone (with aura). However, you quickly run into the issue of (1) having to get aura up first, thus opening yourself up to rushdown and (2) you don't nearly as much meter as gm.

Not only that, but gm gets MUCH better damage in the corner and doesn't need to use meter to do it. Unbreakable just can't keep up in the match up.

Another thing is the corner options. Unbreakable realistically doesn't have very good options at all. Ex slide and parry can both be baited (s1, pause, 12xxshatter), so if you make the opponent respect that, you'll get room for more mixups.
Yeah, UB basically lives and dies in that matchup with hard reads, which is never a good thing in any matchup, unless you have the other player's number for whatever reason.

wsj515

whats your new years resolution gonna be?
Thanks for asking. One of them is to learn some of your crazy tech, no idea why no one is talking about it, honestly breaks UB. Raw slide jailing on block into b12? 12xxaura tech? Insane. Or my favorite, blocked d3 jailing into blocked d3 jailing into d3, but I can't seem to figure out the timing.

Deakins

Twitch & Youtube: Mr Deakins
Thanks for asking. One of them is to learn some of your crazy tech, no idea why no one is talking about it, honestly breaks UB. Raw slide jailing on block into b12? 12xxaura tech? Insane. Or my favorite, blocked d3 jailing into blocked d3 jailing into d3, but I can't seem to figure out the timing.
Its a pity it isn't trying to be a nicer person, or showing us all how its done since you can talk a good game on here, and my crazy tech is me doing what I want in a game that's bloody good fun, you should try it sometime, fun that is, its quite infectious :)

And you talk as if ive offended the variation that is Unbreakable because I dont do what you thinks to be done?
And your wanting more people to talk about me because of this?

Get a grip honestly

If Santa wasn't good to you this year then its not my fault

If you aint happy then put your time into showing how its done and less time on here, not in words, not in a 20 second clip showing a combo or punish, gameplay, matches and how you deal with them all, then id learn from you like I did all the others that played Grandmaster from day 1.

But we all know your not going to do that :)