Ex Aura Or Ex Aura

• Ex Parry

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Ex Aura

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
UB's resets are definitely worthwhile to use, especially after low damage starters like a raw Ice Ball or 11~Ice Ball. You don't need to use EX Aura for them though. Plus, if you do use EX Aura when not in the corner, then you'd need to two bars stocked to go for the B33 follow up or to get solid damage off of a B2. Don't get me wrong, online, if you need the reset to clutch out a round and you have the bar, go for the EX to guarantee that the B12s connect.

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
UB's resets are definitely worthwhile to use, especially after low damage starters like a raw Ice Ball or 11~Ice Ball. You don't need to use EX Aura for them though. Plus, if you do use EX Aura when not in the corner, then you'd need to two bars stocked to go for the B33 follow up or to get solid damage off of a B2. Don't get me wrong, online, if you need the reset to clutch out a round and you have the bar, go for the EX to guarantee that the B12s connect.
The ex compensates for if it gets blocked or punished. I like to go for risky baits if I have aura on. ie 24 stagger into parry or ex parry

Jeffrey Wolf

The ex compensates for if it gets blocked or punished. I like to go for risky baits if I have aura on. ie 24 stagger into parry or ex parry
The reset is safe though, as are almost all of UB's strings, so there should be no fear of getting punished. As for block, regular Aura negates chip just as well as EX.

The only time it's good to have EX Aura on in terms of getting punished is when you're trying to bait a Parry.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Is there any tech or habits you would recommend?
Just looking at the game I replied to before, you do a ton of raw parries at point blank that predator often does not punish you for, and a few really dangerous slides midscreen. You seem to play very random even if it is deliberate, which can be a really hard thing for your opponent to deal with, but can backfire really hard sometimes too if those slides/parries get punished. If you try to play a little more obvious and deliberate, sometimes even repeating certain strings and patterns, that will make your deviations from those patterns even more rewarding - in other words, cashing out on established conditioning.

As for sometimes backing off at weird times, you almost lost the second round because you gave your opponent way too much respect, you could have won immediately at 1:54 with chip damage but you instead tried to just block and poke. If he had armor wake-up'ed, you probably would have killed with the meaty b12, you still have 3 bars to his 0 and he wouldn't have gotten much damage off of the wake-up.

Last edited:
The reset is safe though, as are almost all of UB's strings, so there should be no fear of getting punished. As for block, regular Aura negates chip just as well as EX.

The only time it's good to have EX Aura on in terms of getting punished is when you're trying to bait a Parry.
The reset im talking about isn't safe which is why i would opt for using EX aura. B2 is punishable by every character(i think its -13). Now B33 can be canceled into ice burst to make it safe but it can be armored out of.

My point was that going for the B2 after a B12 is risky bc if blocked sub will get blown up. But if you have EX aura already on you take much less damage and gain meter.

wsj515

The reset im talking about isn't safe which is why i would opt for using EX aura. B2 is punishable by every character(i think its -13). Now B33 can be canceled into ice burst to make it safe but it can be armored out of.

My point was that going for the B2 after a B12 is risky bc if blocked sub will get blown up. But if you have EX aura already on you take much less damage and gain meter.
why do an unsafe reset that requires you to spend a bar to hedge against punishes when you could have just cashed out your damage with a combo, spending a bar for ~38%?

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
Just looking at the game I replied to before, you do a ton of raw parries at point blank that predator often does not punish you for, and a few really dangerous slides midscreen. You seem to play very random even if it is deliberate, which can be a really hard thing for your opponent to deal with, but can backfire really hard sometimes too if those slides/parries get punished. If you try to play a little more obvious and deliberate, sometimes even repeating certain strings and patterns, that will make your deviations from those patterns even more rewarding - in other words, cashing out on established conditioning.

As for sometimes backing off at weird times, you almost lost the second round because you gave your opponent way too much respect, you could have won immediately at 1:54 with chip damage but you instead tried to just block and poke. If he had armor wake-up'ed, you probably would have killed with the meaty b12, you still have 3 bars to his 0 and he wouldn't have gotten much damage off of the wake-up.
Are talking about my gameplay I'm general or just that one match

wsj515

Are talking about my gameplay I'm general or just that one match
In general but I used that one match to describe my points. Basically what I'm trying to say is you need to stay safe and condition more before going for parry reads etc.

why do an unsafe reset that requires you to spend a bar to hedge against punishes when you could have just cashed out your damage with a combo, spending a bar for ~38%?
Let me know how you get 38% 1 bar mid screen and ill do that from now on.

Edit: But to answer your question big damage. If you land the during the reset B2 you can get up to 45% damage mid screen with only 1 bar used. You can do this without meter but like i said earlier the risk is much bigger.

Last edited:

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable

Edit: But to answer your question big damage. If you land the during the reset B2 you can get up to 45% damage mid screen with only 1 bar used. You can do this without meter but like i said earlier the risk is much bigger.
45% 1 bar mid screen?? I'm.interested

Jeffrey Wolf

B2 is technically punishable, but it rarely happens in practice, even at high level play. Or if it is, it's usually just with pokes for low damage. If your opponent is on point with their B2 punishes though, then I see your point. But in that case I probably wouldn't go for it, except in very specific circumstances (i.e. I have a breaker, to close out the round, in the corner where I can get solid meterless damage out of B2, or during a scramble).

That's why the reset should only be used off of low damage starters like 11 or a raw Ice Ball. That way your total damage will end up being higher. An exception to this is in the corner of course, where either a B2 or B33 w/ a bar can translate into huge damage.

Last edited:

Jeffrey Wolf

You can get 38%+ with B12 combos that use EX Burst partway through.

You can get 45%+ midscreen by starting with any string into reset, then doing a B2 combo into EX Slide.

wsj515

b12xxaura b12xxExburst run b12xxiceball, njp b12xxslide is a bnb

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
B2 is technically punishable, but it rarely happens in practice, even at high level play. Or if it is, it's usually just with pokes for low damage. If your opponent is on point with their B2 punishes though, then I see your point. But in that case I probably wouldn't go for it, except in very specific circumstances (i.e. I have a breaker, to close out the round, in the corner where I can get solid meterless damage out of B2, or during a scramble).

That's why the reset should only be used off of low damage starters like 11 or a raw Ice Ball. That way your total damage will end up being higher. An exception to this is in the corner of course, where either a B2 or B33 w/ a bar can translate into huge damage.
I always get b2 punished

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
This one is, I think, 37%.

Let me give you a tip here:

B12xxAura, B12xxEx Burst, RUN, B12xxIceball, Aura, NJP, B12xxBurst.

If you add the Aura and do the Burst in the end of the combo, it will give much more damage. The Aura gives the Burst 13% dmg, which is close as the Shatter. Plus, the Burst sends away your opponent, similar to F12 and 112.

;)

45% 1 bar mid screen?? I'm.interested
Now before you get excited remember that its part of the B12 reset.

B12 xx EXAura xx B12 xx IceBall ~ B12 ~ B2 xx Run xx F42 xx slide (its either 44 or 45% cant remember exactly).

So after the 3rd B12 sub has enough advantage to stuff the opponent with the B2. The only options are block, armor or backdash(depending on the character)

Edit: its 44%

Last edited:
Not gonna lie....totally forgot about that combo lol. Im trying to figure out why i stopped using it.

Edit: Now i remember why. I stopped using this because it has to come from a B12 punish or if you catch a jump 1. B12 has an 11 frame start up. I didn't having to rely on the opponent to do a very unsafe move so i can punish with that combo. But i can always find ways to freeze them. Which is why i go with the reset options.

Last edited:

wsj515

Not gonna lie....totally forgot about that combo lol. Im trying to figure out why i stopped using it.

Edit: Now i remember why. I stopped using this because it has to come from a B12 punish or if you catch a jump 1. B12 has an 11 frame start up. I didn't having to rely on the opponent to do a very unsafe move so i can punish with that combo. But i can always find ways to freeze them. Which is why i go with the reset options.
Its not too hard to hit confirm b12, but I know what you mean. I still don't really think going for a reset outside of extreme situations is a good idea.

For me a B2 is easy to punish as long as the klone isn't in front of him. I had to practice them alot for the mirror but if a sub does a B2 on me and i block it i punish with B12 and blow him up. It isn't an easy punish though. You would need practice.

Its not too hard to hit confirm b12, but I know what you mean. I still don't really think going for a reset outside of extreme situations is a good idea.
Yeah i understand. I like the reward you get for the risk though. I mainly use Sub's mixups so it fits my playstyle. If i have EX aura on i can act a fool lol

Jeffrey Wolf

To me, the only trouble with the reset is how hard it is to connect the B12~Aura, B12 link online. Otherwise, I'd go for it more often than I already do. I've even considered going for B12~Aura, 11 to make it easier, but it lowers the damage and makes the reset seem too obvious IMO.

To me, the only trouble with the reset is how hard it is to connect the B12~Aura, B12 link online. Otherwise, I'd go for it more often than I already do. I've even considered going for B12~Aura, 11 to make it easier, but it lowers the damage and makes the reset seem too obvious IMO.
That is why I use EX aura if you go for the reset. The reset is not B12 xx aura xx B12. its the part where you B12 ~ B2. Its called a reset bc it does not combo so it resets the damage counter. aura into B12 is a combo. They connect.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
That is why I use EX aura if you go for the reset. The reset is not B12 xx aura xx B12. its the part where you B12 ~ B2. Its called a reset bc it does not combo so it resets the damage counter. aura into B12 is a combo. They connect.
I see. Will test it out. Sounds like you're trying to say that you need to do the B12, and then the B2. And judging by what you said, I'd assume that ours opponents would have to block high. Have you thought of doing the BnB options there?

Instead of doing the B2, how about you do the following:

B33xxFrost Bomb, RUN, B12xxIceball, Aura, NJP, B12xxBurst. Around 35%.
F33xxIcy Slide (only if you have Aura ON), SS (means "Switching Sides"), Aura, NJP, B12xxBurst.
123xxIcy Slide (only if you have Aura ON), SS, Aura, NJP, B12xxBurst.

If you do the B2, then do:

B2, RUN, F42xxIcy Slide (only if you have Aura ON), SS, Aura, NJP, B12xxBurst.

Since the B12 is a pressuring combo, you should run towards your opponent, while he's stunned, to close the distance to do the BnB options.

And since B2 is a late starting one, I imagine that it would need a strict timing to make it able after the B12. Will look into it once I hit the PS4 again.

I see. Will test it out. Sounds like you're trying to say that you need to do the B12, and then the B2. And judging by what you said, I'd assume that ours opponents would have to block high.
Yes that is exactly what im saying. In my other post above where i post the reset combo i mention the opponents options. After an opponent gets hit with a B12 you have enough advantage to stuff a reaction with B2. And yes B33 is your other option which creates the mix. B2 is more risky but you get more damage. B33 you can make safe if blocked.

So if i hit an opponent with a B12 i can follow up with a B2. His only options are to block,armor out if the move is fast enough, or back dash(depends on the character)