Ex Aura Or Ex Aura

• Ex Parry

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Ex Aura

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
F/T is a rushdown character with no zoning tools. If you see him attacking you, just do the Parry. No need for EX Parry, because the NORMAL Parry freezes EVERYTHING, except of the jumping attacks and the weapons. You can block the projectiles this way.

Only use Aura in the center combos, because Aura serves as a special cancel for the other strings, and when your opponent is downed by KO (F12 and 112) either do Aura, or Parry, since it's a mind game. Do the EX Aura for certain combos and slower attacks like B2, F42 and B33.

Good luck.

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
F/T is a rushdown character with no zoning tools. If you see him attacking you, just do the Parry. No need for EX Parry, because the NORMAL Parry freezes EVERYTHING, except of the jumping attacks and the weapons. You can block the projectiles this way.

Only use Aura in the center combos, because Aura serves as a special cancel for the other strings, and when your opponent is downed by KO (F12 and 112) either do Aura, or Parry, since it's a mind game. Do the EX Aura for certain combos and slower attacks like B2, F42 and B33.

Good luck.
So b2 then ex Aura??

Tanno

cant they armor or block it? Or even backdash?
EX Aura is faster than the normal Aura, so no, they can't defend it. With some training you can cancel the normal Aura with anything faster you feel like. If you fail even the B12xxAura, 242/123/F33/etc, then you didn't time it down well. If you train, you'll have to get used to this as your second nature muscle memory before doing additional kombo strings.

Take this video as example:

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
EX Aura is faster than the normal Aura, so no, they can't defend it. With some training you can cancel the normal Aura with anything faster you feel like. If you fail even the B12xxAura, 242/123/F33/etc, then you didn't time it down well. If you train, you'll have to get used to this as your second nature muscle memory before doing additional kombo strings.

Take this video as example:

You mean In the corner or

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
Which console is this on? Normal wake up parry is extremely risky if you're playing someone who knows how to meaty you on wake up. You're getting away with it all the time lol.
PS4 and I know but people rarely do anything about it so I let it continue lol

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
I mean both corner and center. I just gave you an example of the Aura's usage on the kombos.
Oh ok, thanks man but I try not to use regular Aura as a linker. The timing is to strict to rely on for me. It could cost me a game

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
I haven't really been using unbreakable for very long, but I played a pretty good set against @YUZU_RZA a while ago. He might have recorded it. My grandmaster gameplay videos are old as fuck and not near the level most people play him these days.
Cool. Hopefully he does.

As for waking up with EX Parry, you definitely have to watch the opponent carefully or just be aware of their trends. If their good at setting up their meaties, then it's a no go, but if not, or you notice a gap, it can really turn the tide.

Tanno

Oh ok, thanks man but I try not to use regular Aura as a linker. The timing is to strict to rely on for me. It could cost me a game
All the special cancelling attacks do have strict timings to be the linkers. Raiden, Liu Kang, Johnny Cage and such have that, as well. It's a matter of harsh training till your muscle memory gets it stored and being used to at this point. I even did that with my online ranking matches.

YUZU_RZA

Aftershock | Crystalline | Metallic
I haven't really been using unbreakable for very long, but I played a pretty good set against @YUZU_RZA a while ago. He might have recorded it. My grandmaster gameplay videos are old as fuck and not near the level most people play him these days.
I didnt reccorded the set cuz I had the " youtube " music on the stream :'(. I'll try to search into my mk archive on the ps4

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable

Good luck.
Wait, why did you bring up ex parry with f/t? Just curious

Tanno

Wait, why did you bring up ex parry with f/t? Just curious
I didn't say the EX Parry. I said the NORMAL Parry. F/T has a lack of zoning. His strongest game is of CQC, so you want the Parry to freeze him and keep comboing him. The Ex Parry is only for kountering some shits like some gaps in some combos. EX Parry has a faster activation than the normal one, but essentially creates double Ice barrier which is a bit useless there. Only one Ice barrier (normal Parry) is enough to freeze him spot on if he touches it.

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
I didn't say the EX Parry. I said the NORMAL Parry. F/T has a lack of zoning. His strongest game is of CQC, so you want the Parry to freeze him and keep comboing him. The Ex Parry is only for kountering some shits like some gaps in some combos. EX Parry has a faster activation than the normal one, but essentially creates double Ice barrier which is a bit useless there. Only one Ice barrier (normal Parry) is enough to freeze him spot on if he touches it.
No but why did you bring it up, you said no need for it. I rewatched my match, I didn't use ex parry once and that's not only what's good for. It has great recovery