Ex Aura Or Ex Aura

• Ex Parry

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Ex Aura

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
No but why did you bring it up, you said no need for it. I rewatched my match, I didn't use ex parry once and that's not only what's good for. It has great recovery
Because you brought it up in the poll.

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
Are any of you guys going to be playing in the kombat cup? I'd love to see more unbreakable!!!
I've played in some, but have been experimenting with using a stick and alt characters (in prep for Frosty Faustings and Combo Breaker), so I haven't been recording. Since we've got this thread now though, I'll look to do some more, as well as record Konquest this Thursday.

AGRxShiroKuma

The White Bear
I've played in some, but have been experimenting with using a stick and alt characters (in prep for Frosty Faustings and Combo Breaker), so I haven't been recording. Since we've got this thread now though, I'll look to do some more, as well as record Konquest this Thursday.
Awesome!! I played in week 1 with unbreakable but that's been it since I've had other things going on.

Snoop88

Noob
Some of my last footage against HQT & Thunder God. Overall I think that UB might be better than GM when playing against HQT. However I still need to play more games in this MU.

and a comeback ;)

Last edited:

Jeffrey Wolf

Awesome!! I played in week 1 with unbreakable but that's been it since I've had other things going on.
Just wanted to apologize for not getting those recordings up yet. Switching to Unbreakable on stick has taken longer than expected, plus I've been putting most of my free time into my more tournament viable characters. That said, I'll be sure to post something this week before I leave for Thanksgiving. Hopefully too, other Unbreakable mains will come out of the woodwork, like some we've already seen, so the community can be as informed as possible.

Jeffrey Wolf

Are any of you guys going to be playing in the kombat cup? I'd love to see more unbreakable!!!
Hey, man, after a ton of practice games online with Unbreakable, I've come to the unfortunate conclusion that, due to lag and the tight execution on the majority of his combos, I can't use him in a competitive setting online. He's still useful in certain match ups (for example, against Jason), but you really need to be able to hit hard with UB when you finally connect with a regular attack or Parry. I still think he's viable offline and hopefully some people here can make him work online, as there are some awesome online tournaments happening.

Didn't want you to think I had forgotten about your request, and all the best with UB.

Last edited:

AGRxShiroKuma

The White Bear
Hey, man, after a ton of practice games online with Unbreakable, I've come to the unfortunate conclusion that, due to lag and the tight execution on the majority of his combos, I can't use him in a competitive setting online. He's still useful in certain match ups (for example, against Jason), but you really need to be able to hit hard with UB when you finally connect with a regular attack or Parry. I still think he's viable offline and hopefully some people here can make him work online, as there are some awesome online tournaments happening.

Didn't want you to think I had forgotten about your request, and all the best with UB.
Thanks man i appreciate you remembering. Playing online really does hurt the execution it requires to use UB. I usually mess up my B12 auara B12 or my B12 aura 242 i think is the other one. Offline yeah it would be alot better.

Tanno

It's true that you can't use B12xxAura, B12 or any combos, because the online has the latency to respond, thus making this strict timing untimed. Only in offline at the consoles and in PC online version you can do it. The PC online version has better connection and makes it like offline in the consoles.

rubmytaco

CarriedByClone
Some of my last footage against HQT & Thunder God. Overall I think that UB might be better than GM when playing against HQT. However I still need to play more games in this MU.

and a comeback ;)

I noticed you left a lot of damage on the table for a mix opportunity, especially in the corner. I think you hit him with B12 at one point and did b12xxaura into a mixup. Why not go for max damage? Also, you should look into the EX Aura cancels that are pretty plus on block. In general I try to make my opponent respect my ability to (EX) parry after a minus string, such as f33. This gives you a bit of wiggle room on your 'pressure'. When people stop pressing buttons, even after you're minus, you can get some good stuff going. I'd try to use wake up parry less, because it was getting punished a lot. Parry is best when it isn't obvious :)

Jeffrey Wolf

I noticed you left a lot of damage on the table for a mix opportunity, especially in the corner. I think you hit him with B12 at one point and did b12xxaura into a mixup. Why not go for max damage? Also, you should look into the EX Aura cancels that are pretty plus on block. In general I try to make my opponent respect my ability to (EX) parry after a minus string, such as f33. This gives you a bit of wiggle room on your 'pressure'. When people stop pressing buttons, even after you're minus, you can get some good stuff going. I'd try to use wake up parry less, because it was getting punished a lot. Parry is best when it isn't obvious :)
To be fair though, optimal combos really aren't possible online. We basically need to go to tier two optimal, lol.

rubmytaco

CarriedByClone
To be fair though, optimal combos really aren't possible online. We basically need to go to tier two optimal, lol.
I wasn't even talking about those lol. If you hit someone with b12 in the corner, you should be going into aura and then a 50/50. Go for freeze, jip, b2, b2, d1 (x4), f12 THEN aura. That's what I meant.

I just recorded some matches vs smoke and ermac. I'll upload them sometime this week. Not my best play, but I think it shows what I mean and the way I use the character.

Poser Paul

#1 Unbreakable
I wasn't even talking about those lol. If you hit someone with b12 in the corner, you should be going into aura and then a 50/50. Go for freeze, jip, b2, b2, d1 (x4), f12 THEN aura. That's what I meant.

I just recorded some matches vs smoke and ermac. I'll upload them sometime this week. Not my best play, but I think it shows what I mean and the way I use the character.
*2-3 d1s. 4 is riskier and tighter

Tanno

*2-3 d1s. 4 is riskier and tighter
Not with good training. In online I have done this sometimes. You just need to time down the rhythm between the D1s, and with the same rhythm you can do the B12 and the F12, if you like.

AGRxShiroKuma

The White Bear
Please tell me you guys just watched noble illusions using unbreakable in the kombat cup just now. He could have wont but didnt go for optimal damage and he dropped combos :/