What's new

GamePad Suggestions for PC (Good D-Pad)

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
So... my wife's stick has broken due to MK11 overload and she has decided to switch to a gamepad as she is sick of a big heavy stick that takes up tons of room... she is looking for a WIRELESS Gamepad of some kind. I get that wireless is not cool for competitive but she only plays online, our kids, me and towers... so the convenience of wireless is what she is looking for. Between you and me if it comes down to it, wired is ok.. wireless is not a deal breaker but preferred.

REQUIREMENT : HAS TO WORK ON PC

These are the ones I have been looking at... would love to hear any thoughts on them.

Hori Fighting Commander​

This one is wired... but I still think it is cool as it is a pad but has the 6 button layout. Has anyone used one of these? I think it would be great for fighting games... oin theory.

Logitech F710 (Wireless) F310 (Wired)
I actually have one of these.. it is super old.. maybe 10+ years. I use it as a controller for Kodi (a video player app). This is my last resort.. I know it works well, and is comfortable as she has been suing it for years. BUT... the D-Pad is pretty bad... it has a curved face so it is not going to bruise your thumb but feels wobbly and isn't very good for precise inputs.

Astro C40 TR Controller (PS4 / PC)​

This is a new one I had never heard of... apparently it is super good... i dunno. This is why I am asking. It has customisation.. as in you can literally move the d-pad to a duel-shock layout.

Ps4 BlueTooth Duel Shock​

Classic PS4 pad... connected to PC via bluetooth. My PC does not have BlueTooth so I would need to get a bluetooth dongle.

C-Sword

Noob
The Hori FC is good, but you might have to change the controls. You should get the PS4/PC version instead (black).

Never liked the Logitech, the dpad is too floaty for me.

The Astro has a shitty dpad and it's not worth $200

I'd recommend:

8bitdo M30 (bluetooth)

Sega Retro-Bit USB (Wired)

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
So... my wife's stick has broken due to MK11 overload and she has decided to switch to a gamepad as she is sick of a big heavy stick that takes up tons of room... she is looking for a WIRELESS Gamepad of some kind. I get that wireless is not cool for competitive but she only plays online, our kids, me and towers... so the convenience of wireless is what she is looking for. Between you and me if it comes down to it, wired is ok.. wireless is not a deal breaker but preferred.

REQUIREMENT : HAS TO WORK ON PC

These are the ones I have been looking at... would love to hear any thoughts on them.

Hori Fighting Commander​

This one is wired... but I still think it is cool as it is a pad but has the 6 button layout. Has anyone used one of these? I think it would be great for fighting games... oin theory.

Logitech F710 (Wireless) F310 (Wired)
I actually have one of these.. it is super old.. maybe 10+ years. I use it as a controller for Kodi (a video player app). This is my last resort.. I know it works well, and is comfortable as she has been suing it for years. BUT... the D-Pad is pretty bad... it has a curved face so it is not going to bruise your thumb but feels wobbly and isn't very good for precise inputs.

Astro C40 TR Controller (PS4 / PC)​

This is a new one I had never heard of... apparently it is super good... i dunno. This is why I am asking. It has customisation.. as in you can literally move the d-pad to a duel-shock layout.

Ps4 BlueTooth Duel Shock​

Classic PS4 pad... connected to PC via bluetooth. My PC does not have BlueTooth so I would need to get a bluetooth dongle.
Wait you said you wanted wireless. There's literally none better than the DS4 for that. You could try the Astro if you wanted to drop over 200 on one but if you're doing that, value for money anyway, I'd just get her a new stick.

Jynks

Be advised: I bought a Dual Shock 4 last week for MK11, and I have strong reason to believe that it was crashing Steam and my PC, forcing a system restart like every 20 minutes.
yeah my mate has a ps4 stick and it just fucks up all the time as well. I think I will stick to microsoft approved stuff lol

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
I was not aware of the DS4 problem. Get her the Hori and tell her wireless causes input lag and the hori has like a 10 foot cord anyway so it might as well be wireless.

While we're on the subject of pads though, the only one I will ever spend 200 bucks on is the Xbox Elite. That damn thing might be the nicest controller I have ever seen in my life. It's worth every penny. It's got that SUPER premium hand feel and you don't even need to use the paddles.

Last edited:

Jynks

I ended up ordering the Xbox Hori Fighting Game Pad thing... thanks for all your help guys I appreciate it.

C-Sword

Noob
Speaking of gamepads, the Retro-bit Sega USB controllers are now working on the PS4 by using a Brook PS3 to PS4 adapter.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Both the Retro-Bit Saturn controller and the M30 can work on PS4 via the Brook Converter. Still not sure if the M30 functions as a PS3 controller, but it works nonetheless lol.

Speaking of gamepads, the Retro-bit Sega USB controllers are now working on the PS4 by using a Brook PS3 to PS4 adapter.

I...just may buy a Retro-Bit Saturn pad now. My only reason for not buying one was the lack of a select button, and this solves that AND other things such as home and the stick buttons. That's awesome!

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
@C-Sword

Aaaaaaaaand I bit the bullet on the Saturn pad + converter. LMAO!

Once the firmware update goes live, I'll be able to comment. I've read complaints of the left d-pad input getting messed up on Retro-Bit's controller, only to be easily fixed by opening up the controller and removing a busted piece. So hopefully I don't run into that issue, but...yeah lol. Either way, I'm excited.

C-Sword

Noob
@C-Sword

Aaaaaaaaand I bit the bullet on the Saturn pad + converter. LMAO!

Once the firmware update goes live, I'll be able to comment. I've read complaints of the left d-pad input getting messed up on Retro-Bit's controller, only to be easily fixed by opening up the controller and removing a busted piece. So hopefully I don't run into that issue, but...yeah lol. Either way, I'm excited.
I personally prefer the Genesis 6 button controller to the Saturn, Retro-Bit added 2 shoulder buttons to the USB version of the controller, it also works on PS4 with the Brook Adapter.